By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nicalis: Wii U is not much more powerful than a PS Vita

Tagged games:

Need for Speed Most Wanted on Vita

Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U

Yep, not much more powerful at all. ;)

Around the Network

Hyperbole folks, Hyperbole.

curl-6 said:

Need for Speed Most Wanted on Vita

Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U

Yep, not much more powerful at all. ;)

I sorta belived him at first til i saw this. What a big difference he's just bsing us.

It's possible he said this just to get attention.

It could be that they're running into trouble getting some aspects of Afterbirth to run on the Wii U (which is what this is related to, for those who are jumping to conclusions and thinking he's making a general statement).

Around the Network
Barozi said:
PS Vita is not even comparable to PS3 or 360 (see Borderlands port, Golden Abyss vs. Uncharted 3, Mercenary vs. Killzone 3).

/thread

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

fatslob-:O said:
sc94597 said:

Considering the type of game The Binding of Isaac is, I would think it is more descriptive of him as a developer than the capabilities of either platform. Maybe his issue has much more to do with the architecture and hardware design of the platforms than maxing out these platforms? 

I don't see exactly why we should accuse bad talent unless anyone else can prove him otherwise ...

There ARE demanding games with 2D sprites. Just because it takes less resources to render a 2D game than a 3D game doesn't that the requirements to render a 2D game are next to zero ...

Certainly it isn't next to zero, but both platforms run much more demanding games, and many of them. Even for a 2D game this doesn't seem that intensive. Both platforms have plenty of intensive sprite-based games. The PC version of this game has quite minimal requirements. I think his problem is that he was expecting to compile the code on these foreign architectures tweak it a little and have it running flawlessly. That works on PS4 and XBO because they are practically mid-end PC's but obviously not Wii U and PSV. 

I doubt this is the case but oh well :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

the guy is just seeking attention

Probably just asking for attention. If he gains publicity, then maybe the game will sell better!