By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will EA Reconsider EA Access?

vivster said:
Anyone else remembering all the threads about how EA Access is not enough value for the money?

Yes, and the mental gymnastics that was required to justify Sony's argumentation. Great times.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, and the mental gymnastics that was required to justify Sony's argumentation. Great times.

Well, looks like Sony was wrong. Very wrong.

I think you guys a reading into things and making it about sony and MS now. I dont thik that is the point here.

If I remember correctly,EA access was a gategay for other companies to do the same and have a bunch of diferent subcriptions from each developer and thats why it was hated. EA failed cuz they focuse on games that are short and repetitive with multyplayer focus, something thhat in 10 hours people would get eough off, but if others do it it might succed with mor lenthy games with more content that EA ussually offers and then we would have a $30 month worth of subcrittions wwe would have to pay even before buying a game.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

If EA Access is hurting the sales of games... then it must have a fuck ton of subscribers. Confirmed, Sony feared it was too good of value but lied.

Need for Speed is probably struggling because Xbox owners have a great option called Forza.

I think Star Wars:BF will do fine on X1. PS4 will do better of course because of the userbase and mass bundling.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

eva01beserk said:
RolStoppable said:

Well, looks like Sony was wrong. Very wrong.

I think you guys a reading into things and making it about sony and MS now. I dont thik that is the point here.

If I remember correctly,EA access was a gategay for other companies to do the same and have a bunch of diferent subcriptions from each developer and thats why it was hated. EA failed cuz they focuse on games that are short and repetitive with multyplayer focus, something thhat in 10 hours people would get eough off, but if others do it it might succed with mor lenthy games with more content that EA ussually offers and then we would have a $30 month worth of subcrittions wwe would have to pay even before buying a game.

And frankly it would be okay if more publishers did EA Access is doing. Having access to large library of games for $30 is better than renting a single game for a few months on PS Now for a high price.

EA failed? I think they're doing fine. Less sales on X1 has more to do with the userbase. However, EA Access subscriptions help bolster profits on that platform.

If the 10 hour trials are really hurting EA sales, I imagine EA is just going to revise what their trials offer. In the BF:Hardline trial I think you could only play the first mission and 10 hours of multiplayer. So if there is a campaign, the trials only give you access to a small portion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Okay, now it seems to be a good time to give the EA Access + XBL Gold combination a chance, so i subscribed for 1 month (and instantly canceled the subscriptions for the following months before I forget it).

I'm not interested in the EA sports games, but €4.99 (XBL Gold first month = €1) for 10 hours Need for Speed + 10 hours Star Wars Battlefront + 1 month access to NfS Rivals + Dragon Age Inquisition + activation of the november and december "games with gold" titles + the pre-Xmas "deals with gold" seems like a bargain to me.

Around the Network

Probably not. 1) they still get money from them 2) it seems to be mostly multi only games that people say this to. 3) its the internet people say one thing but do another

SWORDF1SH said:

I don't think EA Access is going to change anytime soon. EA probably can see subscription services like this as a part of future gaming. Console could see a decline and I think EA are setting up a service that can be used on multiple devices, similar to Sony's plan to spread PS Now to smart TVs and PC.

EA Access could lose them money in the short run but this is being built for the future.

PS now is on PC?, I didn't notice any heavy advertising of that sort. I do however know of it's presence towards TV's.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Naw, it's PS Now greed why EA Access isn't on ps4.

For the record - you can't confirm any of this.  I'm not an EA Access member because I'm an early adopter (if I want it - I bought it already).  But everyone I've talked to says they love it.  It's perfect for the more casual owner or gamer on a budget.

GribbleGrunger said:

Clearly it's doing them a lot of harm in sales and I can't see them continuing with the same policy. XB1 owners are playing games for those allotted 10 hours and then not actually buying the game. First it was Need For Speed and now it's Star Wars: Battlefront.  I've seen it written here, on N4Gs and dozens and dozens of times on GAF and I can't see how this strategy is sustainable. It's not just isolated cases with these 'played it enough' comments, it's widespread and often.

EA must reconsider their policy because the one thing EA love above all else is making money and this must be losing them millions of dolars in sales. They've either got to reduce the play time by a huge margin or up the price by a huge amount.

Man you obviously don't know much about the way business work. Here is a few thing you forgot to take in concideration:

1. Revenues from EA Access subscription this make up for potential lost sale, in some case it increase revenues that would of never been generated with out the service.

2. Your assuming that just because they played trial version they were going to buy the game, poster on GAF do tend to lie. 

3. It also work the other way around, since some customers tried the game and really liked it they wind up buying a game they never had intention buying. It also help that EA Access give them extra incentive since they get 10% discount. EA makes a lot more money selling digital game then at retail. Again they increase their revenues with EA access.

3. The trials version only give you full 10 hours access to sports game and online were they know you would play 100 hrs if you bought the game. When Battlefield hardline  they only gave you the training and first level of the campaign. 

4. You also failed to take in concideration the cost of shutting down the system. Having to refund customer with yearly subscription. Would be better to just keep the service going without adding new games. 

5. EA access get better with time, EA access will get more and more subscribers has the vault grows and the install base on console grows.