By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PREDICTION MINI-LEAGUE: Launching order for the next-gen!

Your predictions as to who will launch their next generation console first? Last? Reasons why?

Around the Network

Nintendo because they can afford it. Though it could be Microsoft because they seem to like prematurely releasing consoles, thus screwing over their existing fanbase.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

1st nintendo, cause their consoles weak hardware power. last Sony, PS3 is plenty powerfull and future proof with BR and cell power.

I think M$ will be next for wanting to be "I was here, first." Nintendo and Sony will probably not be far apart from releasing the next console. Sony execs just need to shut up for a while instead of getting anything they plop out of their mouths backfire. You can't just lie to people and expect it to work after you've fooled them once or twice. PS4 will be around long before the PS3-for-10-years.

My guess/prediction:

Microsoft - 2010

Nintendo - 2011

Sony - 2014 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Impossible to know. I don't think there will be a "next-generation" as such - Sony may decide to release a cut-down PS3 in a couple of years to compete better. Depending how the Wii goes, Nintendo may hold off as long as possible - or they may "kill" the system prematurely, to secure their future (around 2010). If anything, I think that MS may launch another machine first - simply to put even more pressure on Sony. But this time they won't kill the 360 off. Or maybe it will be a couple more skews of the 360, with the same core power - its pretty powerful as it is. It won't be long before consoles are like PCs - a game you buy for "this" generation will natively work on a future generation - it will just have more resources to play with. Looks like the PS3 is heading in this direction anyway. ... Or.. maybe it will be the DS II - with a TV out. Will that count as a "console" then?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I expect Nintendo to release their next console in 2011. If the two competitors get decent numbers for their current-gen console, Nintendo will be first and both MS and Sony will release in 2012. If the PS3 keeps selling as it is or if X360 will drop in sales, Sony/MS will have to react and therefore release their console earlier which would be in 2010.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Deleted... I can't decide who'll launch first next time, everytime I pick a console I can only come up with reasons why it won't be the first to launch :(

I think if only MS and Sony were competing we wouldn't see a new console before 2013, but Nintendo will force them to publish their new consoles earlier then they wanted.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Nintendo - Mar. 2011 (Between Nov. 2010 and Nov. 2011) Microsoft - Nov. 2011 (between Nov. 2010 and Nov. 2012) Sony - Oct. 2012 (Between Nov. 2011 and Nov. 2013)