By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you do when you´re about to finish a game and you accidentally delete the save file?

Tagged games:

Do you start the game all over again?

Yes 12 57.14%

No 9 42.86%

Total:21

If you're a real gamer you will bitch and complain and eventually go back into action. Why? Because hardcore gamers love a challenge and more often than not won't stop until they've reached their goal.

Around the Network

I don't think I ever lost an actual savefile (save for my old pokemon blue/silver/chrystal and possibly Zelda OOS and OOT files for the gameboy when the battery died, but I wasn't actively playing those at the time I lost the files).
But loosing a really fun run in the Binding of Isaac to some stupid mistake or a world you put a lot of time and work into in Don't Starve can be rage inducing/frustating/saddening. I usually have to put the game down for a while after that.

Normally I;d get ticked and just replay it all over again but now I have to work a full time job and don't have much time for all the games I play which also means not going through the game all over again if that were to happen, at least not right away. I would take a break from that game and focus on another until I feel like I can go back to the game I wiped anew rather than feeling drained and with little time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

A similar situation happened to me with Splatoon, where I ended up losing all my data.

In that scenario, I took a breather, and just start all over.

Fortunately for me, I've pretty much gotten back to where I was now.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Back in 1996, when RE1 first came out, I got it and got all the way to the very end, right before the *SPOILERS ALERT*....

... evacuation. I had saved prior to fighting the tyrant and when I went to load up my save, all of it was gone. I promptly lost my shit and smashed my off brand memory card to pieces thus cementing my preference for first party memory cards in the future.

Around the Network

Personally if you weren't that far into it I would give it another go (if the urge is there of course).

Yeah my little borther did that to Luigi Mansion 2. We were up to the last mansion, but i didnt really like the game, i only helped him in some cases. But yeah, i couldn't bother helping him again Thankgod he didn't play much after that Moved on to Minecraft

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Murder-suicide, or if the game was good enough, I'd replay it when I feel like it.

.- -... -.-. -..

game over
try again?

I fap my tears away

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850