By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you do when you´re about to finish a game and you accidentally delete the save file?

Tagged games:

Do you start the game all over again?

Yes 12 57.14%

No 9 42.86%

Total:21

It never happened to me, but I had a similar incident, where you can't save for over an hour and the game crashes once you get close to being able to save D: ..it also happened to be one of those games where you only want to beat it once so I put that game down for some time and eventually finished it quite some time later

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

No, I did not start FF12 over when the virtual memory card corrupted after 100+ hours, at the start of the final dungeon. I watched the end on you tube instead.

Although I did GT5's entire campaign again after my ps3 broke. Difference is I wasn't anywhere near finished with that.

I'll remember the game through the memories I have of it.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

It really depends on the game.But as far as i remember, that only happened once for me, with Final fantasy X.I had to play 3 times to finish it.First time i played like 30 hours, was facing sin, when my brother saved over my save file.The scond time, some time later, i had played 25 hours when the save file suddenly dissapeared.(later I found out that it was just in the second memory card, ugh)Then finally I beat the game in my third playthrough with around 40 hours.And this is still my favourite Final Fantasy and I consider as one of the best game of all time.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Download the save file back from cloud storage. Otherwise, if the save is gone for good...time to put the game away for about a year.

Around the Network

I've had friends come over and play games of mine and accidentally save over my save data.... It took me years to get the desire to play some of those again. Tales of the Abyss, looking at you.

Oh, also my NEED to have all 108 stars in Suikoden means I restart those games frequently.

Skyrim happened to me, i accidentally format my external hard drive. Yes, i forgot to move to the other external hard drive.... Played over 400 hours... I started over again... Turn off...

)-:

Unless its a really good game, I want to have beaten, Id often just go... oh well, next game.

Depends on the game (length and fun)