By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending November 14 2015

bananaking21 said:
A 180K release for TR 2013 to a 50K release for Tomb Raider this year. MASSIVE drop, the reasons why is obvious. SE pretty much fucked this franchise for the long run. probably one of the dumbest deals i seen in the video game industry.

serves SE right for being money whores.

It's probably the worst exclusive deal ever made for both parties. 

Around the Network

I literally posted this 2 days ago and got 0 replies -.-

Sticky said:
I literally posted this 2 days ago and got 0 replies -.-

You got no replies because you posted your thread around 12 hours or so late. This is the original thread, yours was the dup...

riecsou said:
Sh1nn said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185679362&postcount=361

Does this include Xbox One+ 360??

Yes

XBO+360 (+XBO Bundle)

Around the Network

It really makes you wonder how much money MS put up for the times exclusive deal. A lot of people say MS funded development too, but I would think they only funded development of the X1 version to make sure it is as technically impressive as possible. Had they funded the entire development I don't think it would have been a timed exclusive.

Anyone know what the budget was for RotTR?

darkenergy said:

Not sure why people are saying that ROTTR sold terribly, it likely match or even surpassed Tomb Raider Definitive Edition lifetime sales already on the Xbox One. It also be noted that first week of Tomb Raiders first week on the 360 is at 104K but the 360 installment was at 8 million. So ROTTR actually sold well even with competition like Fallout 4 releasing on the same day. The holidays will also help sales of ROTTR.

It sold ok in UK but unless SE manage to reduce delopment costs significantly for this game, profit wise the game won't be there.  If I remember correctly TR 2013 ended selling around 4 million between ps3 and xb360 and even then, SE was disappointed with the sales until they released the game to current gen consoles.  Also don't forget that the new game also released on xb360 as well and did around what? 10k on xb360 compare to 104k from the last game.  it's obvious the success of the game depends hugely on xb1 version compare to the other game that was on multiple platform.  Don't forget also that xb1 barely has install base outside US and UK so if the game sells ok in those regions, the legs will be minimal.