By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Will the Terrorist Attacks in Paris Impact the Refugee Crisis?

How this will evolve for the refugees? I hope we will continue to show solidarity. IS is to blame directly. But this entire mess is the NATO's fault, if you think you can go and intervene in every country that looks at you funny without retaliation... we'll... they now have blood on their hands.

Around the Network
Baryonyx said:
I would have cared about the refugee's if they actually behaved like refugee's. Just watch all the rape victims speak out about their experience with them. Their moms and families whom doesn't understand why they left, the war isn't even in those regions. Refugee's even treatens to go back to Syria if they don't get better food or more money.. These refugee's are escaping a economical distress not war. One of the refugee's even went back on holidays after he got is visum(permit to stay in this country) i believe 20% of them to be real, because real refugee's doesn't leave their children behind in a so called war-zone

Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan are all unsafe countries. Even if you dont live in the frontline, you can be effected severly. Your 20% number is total bollocks.

It'll put even more people on the 'Nay' side that's for sure. People want something to blame and the refugee crisis is such an easy target right now. I just hope that people aren't naive enough to believe that closing down borders will protect us from ISIS in any way.

I think that things are about to get very heated.

The recent mass migration of Syrians and other middle easterners into Europe was already going poorly. The fact that a disproportionately large number of the refugees are adult men (70% or so are adult males), rather than women or children, suggests that this is not the "typical" kind of refugee crisis, where the whole family runs away from war and other hardships. These men are fleeing from conscription and/or looking for some basic work to support families back home. This means that these people likely have little reason to settle in or learn the local customs and language. After all, they're only sticking around until the war ends.

But how do you have a peaceful society where thousands of people don't know or care about the local laws, beliefs, values, language, etc? You could give a warm welcome, aka the "bleeding heart leftist" approach, but you would probably just get taken advantage of, pouring millions of Euros into supporting people who have none of your interests in mind. You could make an effort to keep them out, aka the racist right-wing fascist approach, but other than posting troops at your borders and building high walls, that's going to be difficult. Especially since EU members, aka most of Europe besides Russia and the UK, are supposed to have open borders.

I predict that over the next couple of years, right wing political parties and movements are going to gain ground in Europe. Looking at 2016, there will be major elections in the Czech Republic, Romania, and Slovakia. The leading parties in these countries at the moment are center-left, and I suspect they might lose ground to more right-wing parties. If things remain bad into 2017, expect the left and center-left to lose ground in France and Germany, the two core EU members. Despite this, Angela Merkel will likely take a hard blow due to her advocating the acceptance of migrants. And the European Union, though not likely to collapse soon, will become weaker as people view the open borders as a threat.

In the meantime, there will be violence. No huge civil wars or anything, but migrants will attack locals, locals will attack migrants, locals will attack other locals who resemble the migrants, and everyone will attack the Jews. Because Jews tend to get caught up in this sort of thing. People will still flee to Europe, if only because a terrorized country is far better than one in a civil war.

Worse, attacks are going to generally be more deadly. The most popular of terror attacks in recent years has been explosives, which isn't actually that effective. Sure, explosives are easy to make, but they're hard to make well. The thing about suicide bombers is that they only have one shot. A study of attacks in 2014 showed that the average suicide bomber killed about 5 or 6 people on average, along with themselves. But in Paris, the ratio was close to 20 killed per shooter. Even if you discount the Bataclan theater, where the most deaths occurred, the ratio was still 10 to 1. I expect that potential terrorists in Europe are taking notes and figuring out where they can get rifles, ammo, and grenades.

As for ISIL? Mission accomplished for them. They require a state of chaos and conflict to stay in power, and what I mentioned fits the bill. Even if France or whoever sends soldiers to Syria or Iraq, what will they do? Ally with the oppressive regime that everybody cheered was being overthrown? Support the Kurdish rebels, who are considered terrorists by Turkey? The Opposition Coalition, which includes about ten distinct factions and is scattered across the western part of the country?

Love and tolerate.

Qwark said:
It won't because Europe is a guard dog without teeth. It can bark but it can't invade Syria and end IS, nor can it close it boundaries. So as tolerant as we are we have to tolerate the ocassional terrorist attack. Extreme right might rise resulting in a not very suitable living space for muslims causing them yo leave which solves a part of the problem.

The exact opposite would happen. Extreme right movements and terrorist organisations need one another to recruit people. Muslims will be marginalized and badly treated by far righters, pushing them towards extremism, while terrorism will push westernes farther to the right. Extreme right movements are part of the problem here, not part of the solution.

Around the Network

Some of the men were born in Belgium and others were French born to refugee parents. It backs up why taking in a million refugees now is a bad idea. They are for the most part pretty religious and a religion that isn't very compatible with European lifestyle.

In 20 years when the million refugees has turned into 4 million settled immigrants we will have massive social problems. Naturally they will be relatively poor and unhappy compared to the average European and many of the kids will be influenced by radicals.

My solution is set up refugee camps near the Syrian border. And take care of them there until their country is safe to return home.

Teeqoz said:
Qwark said:
It won't because Europe is a guard dog without teeth. It can bark but it can't invade Syria and end IS, nor can it close it boundaries. So as tolerant as we are we have to tolerate the ocassional terrorist attack. Extreme right might rise resulting in a not very suitable living space for muslims causing them yo leave which solves a part of the problem.

The exact opposite would happen. Extreme right movements and terrorist organisations need one another to recruit people. Muslims will be marginalized and badly treated by far righter, pushing them towards extremism, while terrorism will push westernes farther to the right. Extreme right movements are part of the problem here, not part of the solution.

This.

Europe becoming more hostile towards muslims is exactly what ISIS wants.

I served in Iraq. 

Not entire Syria is a dangerous place, only the war zones in Syria. 

Iraq and Afghanistan refugee's have been coming for years. So why are thousands of refugee's assaulting cities, breaking into people's homes and terrorize people every damn City they passed on their way to Europe... Do you know how many countries there are in the middle-east that isn't in a war? A real refugee would be grateful enough to end up somewhere nice but yet they aim for germany, sweden, Norway and Finland after ignoring over 15 countries that offered them safety. I say you should start looking deeper into it. 

There is plenty of videos of these refugee's running through cities, attacking people and so on. The real refugee's are the ones you see with families, because why leave them behind?

Would you leave your Brother, sister or children in a place so horrible as you claim? I wouldn't.

Again, it's dangerous in the war zones, but its not as esculated in Syria as you claim it is. It's like you claim it's horrible all over Syria. 

USA better stop funding ISIS so that we can send them back 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

The refugees need to escape what's happening up there and the terrorist attacks don't change this. I imagine that nations will continue to let them in and simply adapt.

Honestly in the short term this will affect tensions between the refugees and Europeans that much is obvious. The long term though I have no clue even if most European countries decide to close their boarders. with Europe's open boarder policy It would take at least a year to get everything set up properly and I guarantee you once refugees hear that fences and security are going up along the boarders of European countries they will just travel faster to get to those countries before they close completely. Worst still even if this plan goes off without a hitch and no more refugees come into Europe (which realistically would never happen). Europe still has to deal with and process the hundreds if not millions of refugees already there. Basically I feel like the Paris attack is just going to spread more paranoia and make people believe in knee jerk reactions that would only really be a very short term solution.