By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, at the end, Splatoon will outsell Halo 5. HANDS DOWN!

Did you ever think this was possible!?

yes, since E3 2014 64 13.94%

Yes, after Splatoon launch 56 12.20%

Yes, after Halo first week in UK 80 17.43%

I never expected that. wow... 256 55.77%

Total:456

Depends on Splatoon's 2016 legs. You can discern patterns in a given moment but wrenches can break some gears. Just like most people expected more from H5, the assumptions you are making could also not be met (including the late NX launch). H5's UK numbers were a "wrench" and there could be some kind of wrench that hurts your prediction).
One thing though.. H5 will reach Splatoon's current number much faster than Splatoon. So.. I think "hands down" is not the right thing to say.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Wishful thinking.

Yeah Splatoon beat 99.9% of all previous wishful thinking,  and it'll keep on doing  it apparently. I'm sure it was laughable a new IP on a dead console would do a million unbundled in Japan,  yet here we are

tbone51 said:
binary solo said:
If we only count physical sales it's possible Splatoon will appear to sell more. But it seems Halo 5 digital sales are going to be unusually high, so I think with true sales Halo 5 will sell the most by a decent margin.

I also don't think Splatoon will get close to 5 million. If Wii U was going to get a 30 million end of life LTD then 5 million for Spaltoon would be on, but a sub 20 million Wii U, just not a big enough install base.

Yeah like 1mil, 2mil, 3mil, 4mil am I right :p

OT: I doubt it,  I think Splatoon will do around 5mil, halo around 7-8mil

I think Halo 5 will sell some like 5-5.5 million, and Spaltoon 6-6.5 million.

Richmyster6907 said:
Black Friday and Christmas are very close Halo 5 will easily jump up in numbers on those days. Cute prediction though.

Splatoon will heavily benefit from it too though :o

Why is there not an option to disagree with the OP at all?

Short answer is NO.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Would you bet your avy and signature on it, Ryng?

Oh, you set off a land mine. I'm not sure about that. Halo is still MS's biggest IP, and we don't even know precise numbers on Halo 5 sales, since MS acts kinda funny with that information now.

I dunno if Splatoon can pass a giant like Halo. If it did tho, well done Splatoon and Ninten.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Wright said:

Would you bet your avy and signature on it, Ryng?

I already have 4 bet about Splatoon.

That said, Not gonna bet about Halo 5 VS splatoon, why?

Because we will never know Halo 5 official numbers, and i don't use VGChartz.

That said, we can still bet about Splatoon... what bet you want? Wanna bet in my 5.5 millions LT prediction? I'm here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSpyCNWWUAQnc9R.png:large

If Splatoon sell less than 5.5m, you won. If sell more, i won. Accept? Winner will have one month of avatar controll.

Ryng_Tolu said:

If Splatoon sell less than 5.5m, you won. If sell more, i won. Accept?

Uhhh, what's this graphic I'm looking at?

Wright said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

If Splatoon sell less than 5.5m, you won. If sell more, i won. Accept?

Uhhh, what's this graphic I'm looking at?

Is just a prediction graph.

Since many people still think Splatoon won't sell 4 million, i can bet in 5.5 million.

What do you think? Wanna bet about Splatoon at 5.5m?