By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate today's first Nintendo Direct in a long time- Was good, not great- New name incoming....Amiibo Direct! .

Rate

1 14 4.35%

2 5 1.55%

3 6 1.86%

4 16 4.97%

5 20 6.21%

6 28 8.70%

7 68 21.12%

8 96 29.81%

9 41 12.73%

10 28 8.70%

Total:322

8/10- TPHD, Starfox, Zelda U confirmation, Xenoblade X, Fast Racing, Mario paper Jam, New Splatoon stages that look great, more Amiibo, 3DS as this gens RPG king, cloud for Smash, Pokken. There is a fair bit of content coming, makes me think NX is 2017 now.

Around the Network

I rate it 8, it would have been a 10 without AC amiibo festival and EVERYTHING regarding Pokémon except RBY on the 3DS E-shop, Pokémon Picross and the Amiibo Cards for Pokkén are underwelming...

I thought it was pretty great! Got a little discouraged in the middle with alot of talk about amiibos and stuff we already knew about. But man that Cloud reveal, Dragon Quest, Pokémon and Fire Emblem info basically snapped me back in.

It was betwenn 7 and 8.I ended up voting 8, but it was very solid overall.But that Cloud reveal, my god that was the definition of unexpected.But I am more excited about the idea of what that means.Future Square games all comming to NX?!?!?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

7/10
I love the Twilight Princess HD and Star Fox footage and release dates, but no new Wii U game? I thought they would have at LEAST one new announcement other than a port.
I loved the 3DS stuff but come on, too much 3DS. Give the Wii U some support. I am getting that Fire Emblem Fates bundle day 1, as well as the two Dragon Quest games.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

It was pretty decent. There are just too many Amiibo. As someone who doesn't care about them, half the stuff becomes filler.

+ Zelda Watch. I don't need a 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors but that watch will end up in my pocket.
+ Twilight Princess HD. Yeah, it's just the same old game in HD but every reason to replay a Zelda game is a good one in my book.
+ I saw Zelda U for five seconds.
+ A bunch of 3DS RPG goodness.

- I want Star Fox Zero so bad but the delay is seriously hurting my feelings.
- Only five seconds of Zelda U...
- Still no Eternal Darkness 2

8/10

I went with 6.

The good:
-pokemon red, blue, and yellow for emulation
-new smash character and stage (was hoping for snake, but cloud is a great addition)
-amazing 3ds support coming up (FF: Explorers, Fire emblem fates, bravely second, paper mario/mario and luigi, project x zone, hyrule warriors)
-splatoon free dlc looks solid
-twilight princess hd (known, but still nice to see)
-Zelda U footage
-pokken tournament wii u (known but still nice to see)

the bad:
-Amiibo, DLC, amiibo, amiibo, dlc, free to start, free to start, amiibo, dlc, amiibo (too much content is being locked behind amiibo and dlc, there presentation was killed by all the pricey "extra" their offering/excluding)
-Zelda U footage did not show gameplay, or a dungeon, or anything really. Very similar to last year's game footage
-Starfox still looks horrendous
-Animal crossing still locks content behind amiibo/cards despite being a $60 game
-twilight princess was the tantulus port (rip third party port)
-Wii U future support still looks horrendous (3ds support seems solid)
-no new significant game has been announced (no minecraft, no new ip, no major sequel, just small indies)

I was bored with the first 30 minutes, then Nintendo got serious. There's some great content coming to Wii U and 3DS. I kinda don't want NX to come so soon.

Great Direct, would rate it an 8. Could be better if they showed more from Zelda. :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won