By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate today's first Nintendo Direct in a long time- Was good, not great- New name incoming....Amiibo Direct! .

Rate

1 14 4.35%

2 5 1.55%

3 6 1.86%

4 16 4.97%

5 20 6.21%

6 28 8.70%

7 68 21.12%

8 96 29.81%

9 41 12.73%

10 28 8.70%

Total:322

Great for the 3DS, was hoping for but didn't expect the Dragon Quest announcements, 9/10.
Wii U on the other hand was terrible, TP HD looks underwhelming and the games that are yet to be released on 2015 are still bad, 4/10.

So... 6/10 as a whole, rounded down due to all the Amiibo and Amiibo cards talk.

Around the Network

It was correct. Great for the 3DS, meh for the WiiU. So I'll give it a 7/10. If TPHD were actually a remake instead of a remaster, that could have made the deal for me.

Was a breath of fresh air, something we havent gotten in a long time.

Id give it a 6-7 max. Too much focus on Amiibo but still better than the E3 direct.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I gave it an 8/10

Pros

-Fire Emblem! Already preordered the Special Edition. Easily my most anticipated game at the moment, and the amount of content looks insane
-Star Fox Zero; wasn't really interested in this game, despite really liking 64 and Assault, but the gameplay trailers in this one sold me. The delay actually helps me, since my backlog is too big to consider any more games for the next few months.
-Dragon Quest VII/VIII; I plan to get both games at some point...they both look great and I haven't played either on the original platforms
-Final Fantasy Explorers; I love Monster Hunter. Love it. I have no attachment to the Final Fantay franchise, but the trailers looked great to me. Definitely a game I plan to keep an eye on for now.
-Pokemon Picross; I liked the first Picross, and this one seems to have more content. 
-Giant Rosalina in Ultra Smash; I have no interest in the game, but giant girls make everything better
-Cloud in Smash; I'm not really invested in Final Fantasy VII, but he's obviously a huge character and looks like to handle really well. Definitely gonna be getting this DLC.
-Pokemon VC games! Not crazy about them, but I'll probably get Yellow or Red version again (just one)
-Reggie and Bill being goofs; no explanation necessary

Neutral

-Twilight Princess HD; I enjoyed the game, but it didn't really wow me. I've always found the art style of TP to be fairly unappealing, and turning it HD really won't change that for me. Still...I loved Zelda and know I'll be picking this one up.
-Yokai Watch; not something I'm really interested in, but looks good for its audience
-Pokemon Super Myster Dungeon; looks fun, but didn't really sell me on the game
-Updates to Splatoon/Mario Maker; not bad...just not something I'm crazy about
-Megaman/Mighty Number 9: Both look fun; but no idea if I'm getting either yet

Bad

-Amiibos in like freaking everything
-No SMT x FE info

So all in all, it left me feeling positive in the end. Looking forward to a lot of new games on my 3DS, and a few good things on the Wii U as well.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I'm rating the Japanese one a solid 6.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

7.5 (closer to 8)

It was well done

8. Very good. No Zelda, but very good.

spemanig said:

Oh come oon, there was like... 10 secs of Zelda U, and TPHD? And Triforce Heroes and Hyrule Warriors Legends with a girl Link...? : x At least they rekindled Zelda U 2016...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
spemanig said:

Oh come oon, there was like... 10 secs of Zelda U, and TPHD? And Triforce Heroes and Hyrule Warriors Legends with a girl Link...? : x At least they rekindled Zelda U 2016...

I think the beet way to sum up the problem with those few seconds is this:  they were like taking a bight of the best steak ever.  Those ten seconds being all there was was like the chef then turning and saying "right, now come back in a few months and if you want the rest of the meal.". Happy it was there, but it really only makes you hungrier :P

At least they were crystal clear on the title being for Wii U.  Should silence the " only NX" speculation.  For a day at least :P

3/10.

I would've preferred new content for other Wii U games. I thought that Super Smash Bros. was decent, but I couldn't get into Splatoon at all. Maybe I'm getting too old.