By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

mornelithe said:
BraLoD said:

TLOU bundle was the highest and got sold out. So NDC took over.

Hmm, I thought it was 2 bundles (though TLOU was first, and lasted the longest).  Either way, thanks :)

and destiny lol

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
I'm hearing rumors that Halo only did 1 mil? Is that true?

Rumors said it did 1.5m in the us without digital.

Sony PR posted yet? Has been up for quite some time
“We are truly humbled by the success of the PlayStation 4 and look forward to celebrating with our fans at PlayStation Experience in December,” a Sony spokesperson said. “Thank you to our community for making PlayStation 4 the top selling console globally.”
http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/12/october-2015-npd-halo-5-leads-gaming-to-805m-october/

jason1637 said:
mornelithe said:

Hmm, I thought it was 2 bundles (though TLOU was first, and lasted the longest).  Either way, thanks :)

and destiny lol

Yeah I saw your other comment but didn't want to double post heh :)  Thanks to you as well!

jason1637 said:
OneKartVita said:

Destiny ps4 was massive.  Why would people pre order bundles and then cancel?  99% of people wouldn't cancel.  

There was only 2 ps4 bundles selling well on amazon that counts towards October. November will be a decent win for ps4 and that's a massive turn around from November 2014.

You see a better deal that saves you money, or change your mind.

A better deal still results in the same thing - a sale.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Sony PR posted yet? Has been up for quite some time
“We are truly humbled by the success of the PlayStation 4 and look forward to celebrating with our fans at PlayStation Experience in December,” a Sony spokesperson said. “Thank you to our community for making PlayStation 4 the top selling console globally.
http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/12/october-2015-npd-halo-5-leads-gaming-to-805m-october/

lol, that's a line they never have to change. 

Azerth said:
wouldnt be a xbox win without downplay

Lol at the 2 dudes right below you doing exactly what you wrote 

So no word on PS4's number? If Zhug's tweet is about right and PS4 only managed 230K for the month that is a big drop YoY. And a price cut month should do well even with major LE bundle being pre-ordered for Nov. What would PS4 sales have been without a price cut? Under 200K?

Also if that 600K figure is right then xb one > PS4=Wii U. While 305k might be an the low side for a Halo month, Xb one being >50% of home console hardware is big. I would expect to see that sort of stat in MS PR, and in Venturebeat. I have skipped a few pages of posts, so have we seen PR yet? The MS PR in the OP isn't saying much. BTW I really hate the current marketing angle of best games line up in Xbox history. That's really shitting on so many great 7th gen games on Xbox 360.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Uncharted did much worse than I expected. Not good.
X1 won but it did pretty bad as well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

binary solo said:
So no word on PS4's number? If Zhug's tweet is about right and PS4 only managed 230K for the month that is a big drop YoY. And a price cut month should do well even with major LE bundle being pre-ordered for Nov. What would PS4 sales have been without a price cut? Under 200K?

Also if that 600K figure is right then xb one > PS4=Wii U. While 305k might be an the low side for a Halo month, Xb one being >50% of home console hardware is big. I would expect to see that sort of stat in MS PR, and in Venturebeat. I have skipped a few pages of posts, so have we seen PR yet? The MS PR in the OP isn't saying much. BTW I really hate the current marketing angle of best games line up in Xbox history. That's really shitting on so many great 7th gen games on Xbox 360.

Only PR we've seen is Sony thanking the community for winning globally (easy statement to make) and looking forward to PSX