By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

binary solo said:
So no word on PS4's number? If Zhug's tweet is about right and PS4 only managed 230K for the month that is a big drop YoY

Zhuge already deleted the tweet and said it was incorrect.

Around the Network

Damn, that Sony PR. Bringing global sales into a US sales report. Sure it's true, but I wish at least once the "losing" console would acknowledge the hit and say we're determined to keep bringing great gaming experiences etc etc. Sure, it's true PS4 is winning handily on global sales but it seems like sore loser talk when it's a response to not being the number 1 console in the USA for a month.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GamechaserBE said:
This npd report reminds me of the GTAIV will push consoles failure last gen. And the amazon thread predicted won? Guess it doesn't matter will get spinned in a win somehow.

Too late

poklane said:
Sony PR posted yet? Has been up for quite some time
“We are truly humbled by the success of the PlayStation 4 and look forward to celebrating with our fans at PlayStation Experience in December,” a Sony spokesperson said. “Thank you to our community for making PlayStation 4 the top selling console globally.”
http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/12/october-2015-npd-halo-5-leads-gaming-to-805m-october/

Too bad the Vita isn't doing too well. I want the "The Playstation family" classic back!

Top selling console globally in the US works too

jason1637 said:
OneKartVita said:

Destiny ps4 was massive.  Why would people pre order bundles and then cancel?  99% of people wouldn't cancel.  

There was only 2 ps4 bundles selling well on amazon that counts towards October. November will be a decent win for ps4 and that's a massive turn around from November 2014.

You see a better deal that saves you money, or change your mind.

So you're telling me that Halo fans who pre ordered the limited edition halo bundle before October cancelled it for a different bundle?  Just no.  

And you're telling me that people who pre-ordered the limited star wars or bo3 ps4 cancelled it to buy a bundle that's less appealing?  Just no.  

We both know this isn't true.  

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Damn, that Sony PR. Bringing global sales into a US sales report. Sure it's true, but I wish at least once the "losing" console would acknowledge the hit and say we're determined to keep bringing great gaming experiences etc etc. Sure, it's true PS4 is winning handily on global sales but it seems like sore loser talk when it's a response to not being the number 1 console in the USA for a month.

When websites like IGN report NPD sales as if it's WW sales I don't blame Sony for pointing it out.  it's true and globally is what really matters at the end of the day. 

poklane said:
binary solo said:
So no word on PS4's number? If Zhug's tweet is about right and PS4 only managed 230K for the month that is a big drop YoY

Zhuge already deleted the tweet and said it was incorrect.

Mr. Zhuge! I am disappoint.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

They should have said nothing. Just throw everything at ms for November. If they have to pack in every exclusive they've made, that's what they should do if they need to, to win. They should blitzkrieg the entire month. 

binary solo said:
So no word on PS4's number? If Zhug's tweet is about right and PS4 only managed 230K for the month that is a big drop YoY. And a price cut month should do well even with major LE bundle being pre-ordered for Nov. What would PS4 sales have been without a price cut? Under 200K?

Also if that 600K figure is right then xb one > PS4=Wii U. While 305k might be an the low side for a Halo month, Xb one being >50% of home console hardware is big. I would expect to see that sort of stat in MS PR, and in Venturebeat. I have skipped a few pages of posts, so have we seen PR yet? The MS PR in the OP isn't saying much. BTW I really hate the current marketing angle of best games line up in Xbox history. That's really shitting on so many great 7th gen games on Xbox 360.

It's a terrible lead when Halo 5 the biggest Xbox IP just released plus they just had their best Xbox games lineup in history according to them.

What the hell happened to Uncharted? Disaster.