By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

So they managed to pull it out. Well not surprising, they have the only juggernaut in the running this year. November will be interesting.

Around the Network

Anyone remember which PS4 bundles were sold out, and for how long? It was in October wasn't it?

jason1637 said:
OneKartVita said:

So all the x1 pre orders from before October that get counted in October are not sales?  Yes of course they are.  It's a fact that many people bought or pre ordered ps4's that won't count until November. 

The pre orders that got cancled arent counted as sales. 

I bet a lot of people did but lets not forget that the bundles didn't have as much pre-orders as destiny white bundle last year.

Destiny ps4 was massive.  Why would people pre order bundles and then cancel?  99% of people wouldn't cancel.  

There was only 2 ps4 bundles selling well on amazon that counts towards October. November will be a decent win for ps4 and that's a massive turn around from November 2014.

Considering xbox isn't claiming victory, it can't be more than 10k.

kumagawa said:
jason1637 said:
x1 did good when we consider that it had to fight against a ps4 price cut.

Not really when in Halo 4 launch month the 360 sold over double what the Xone and PS4 sold this month.

Black Friday and COD months. Also, the 360 was a $250 price tag.

In octuber the best deals for the XOne where at $350.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Anyone remember which PS4 bundles were sold out, and for how long? It was in October wasn't it?

destiny

BraLoD said:
mornelithe said:

TLOU bundle was the highest and got sold out. So NDC took over.

Hmm, I thought it was 2 bundles (though TLOU was first, and lasted the longest).  Either way, thanks :)

poklane said:
jason1637 said:
poklane said:
Azerth said:
wouldnt be a xbox win without people trying to spin something negative into something positive.

FTFY.

XB1 won because PS4 did shit, not because XB1 did great.

Saying the ps4 didn't do anything is going to far. It had the price cut and Nathan drake bundle plus ACS marketing. And x1 had halo and a rush sail for kinect.

Yeah, you're just confirming my comment even further. Price drop + UNDC + ACS marketing = max of 6k increase. Shit.

You didn't subtract SW and CoD bundles.

OneKartVita said:
jason1637 said:

The pre orders that got cancled arent counted as sales. 

I bet a lot of people did but lets not forget that the bundles didn't have as much pre-orders as destiny white bundle last year.

Destiny ps4 was massive.  Why would people pre order bundles and then cancel?  99% of people wouldn't cancel.  

There was only 2 ps4 bundles selling well on amazon that counts towards October. November will be a decent win for ps4 and that's a massive turn around from November 2014.

You see a better deal that saves you money, or change your mind.

I'm hearing rumors that Halo only did 1 mil? Is that true?