By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - METABOMBED - Fallout 4

I can definitely understand the argument that the game has been dumbed down. I'm still very early into the game but I can kinda see how it seems far simpler than Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I love the system that New Vegas had in place, I'm not sure why they messed with it. The perk wall is nice but the perk seem very bland, while ones in New Vegas were much more unique and very specific to certain playstyles.

I still really like the game but I can see it not being my favorite fallout game.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Does anybody even care about user reviews from Meta? Way too many troll reviews on that site to even take it seriously.

Agreed, and theyre usually driven by fanboys trying to get the competing consoles version lower than their favorite consoles version.

Metacritic user reviews are no different from youtube comments, full of assholes talking shit.

Tachikoma said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Does anybody even care about user reviews from Meta? Way too many troll reviews on that site to even take it seriously.

Agreed, and theyre usually driven by fanboys trying to get the competing consoles version lower than their favorite consoles version.

Metacritic user reviews are no different from youtube comments, full of assholes talking shit.

Agree 100%

Mr_No said:
I'm not assuming these users haven't played the game, but what could've stopped them to read in-depth articles and reviews and post an over-the-top review without actually not having played the game?

And even if they played the game, all of this reeks of hyperbole and hate, and a lack of capacity of being reasonable with the game's strengths and talking about them. More reasons to ignore user reviews.

No, there's no hyperboles there, it is really paifully dumbed down - not sure why you think people are randomly hating the game, there are lot of fans of original FO 1/2 out there, there are even probably more fans of FO 3/NV, and this game is really not doing justice to franchise.

There's almost never an unbiased user review on any site. X1 fanboys will slaughter the PS4 version and vise versa. I'm sure we've all played Fallout before and even though I'm no fan of the series there's no way I'd call it a 0/10. That's just dumb!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

The game is not a Fall Out game anymore.... i have to agree with several points on the reviews.

34 years playing games.

HoloDust said:

No, there's no hyperboles there, it is really paifully dumbed down - not sure why you think people are randomly hating the game, there are lot of fans of original FO 1/2 out there, there are even probably more fans of FO 3/NV, and this game is really not doing justice to franchise.

Some people can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like something they like, and naturally assume that those people are trolls.

The beautiful thing about fanboys is that they cancel each other out. For every one who talks smack about some game because of some stupid rivalry, there's another who fawns all over it, ignores massive flaws and and calls it the GOAT. It's a safety mechanism that reduces the impact of bias on the average score.

Professional reviews have no corresponding safety mechanism.

Kudistos Megistos said:
HoloDust said:

Some people can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like something they like, and naturally assume that those people are trolls.

The beautiful thing about fanboys is that they cancel each other out. For every one who talks smack about some game because of some stupid rivalry, there's another who fawns all over it, ignores massive flaws and and calls it the GOAT. It's a safety mechanism that reduces the impact of bias on the average score.

Professional reviews have no corresponding safety mechanism.

You can dislike a game, in fact, I don't like Bethesda games, but give it a 0/10 is painfully stupid and unrealistic. Much more unrealistic than a 10/10. Because this is a game which works and can be enjoyed by a large quantity of people. But, for a game to be a 0/10 it doesn't have to work or something like that. So no, fanboys and haters don't actually cancel themselves, negative opinions ALWAYS prevail in the internet era, because people can't be, at least, a little objective. It's like: I don't like the graphics ----> 0/10. They censored the outfits in the western version ----> 0/10. No tits ---> 0/10. Fuck them. I prefer professional reviewers by miles. 

Volterra_90 said:

You can dislike a game, in fact, I don't like Bethesda games, but give it a 0/10 is painfully stupid and unrealistic. Much more unrealistic than a 10/10. Because this is a game which works and can be enjoyed by a large quantity of people. But, for a game to be a 0/10 it doesn't have to work or something like that. So no, fanboys and haters don't actually cancel themselves, negative opinions ALWAYS prevail in the internet era, because people can't be, at least, a little objective. It's like: I don't like the graphics ----> 0/10. They censored the outfits in the western version ----> 0/10. No tits ---> 0/10. Fuck them. I prefer professional reviewers by miles. 

5/10 is supposed to be average (lol), so 0/10 isn't really that much crazier than 10/10. We just live in a world of score inflation where 9s and 10s are given out like candy corns and we've come to think of it as normal.

And this game is getting average user scores of around 5, which is exactly what you should expect if the fanboys are all cancelling each other out. There are a lot of people giving it 10, too.

Maybe, just maybe, an "average" rating is what the game deserves if so many people are so badly disappointed by it?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=209758&page=1

This can be discussed in the Fallout 4 review thread.