By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's general consensus of Fallout 4.

John2290 said:
I'm still playing it after 72 hours now so it is a good game and I can't tell you the worst part of it without getting into spoilers, you already have my opinion on the game as a whole on your other thread. I would recommend The Witcher 3, since I know you haven't played it yet. The Witcher 3 is truly a master piece of a game. The level of narrative choice is beyond anything Bethesda have ever done and every choice, even the smallest ones you may not think mean anything can effect the narrative dramatically. The game play is great, always fun and the systems of leveling are fantastic, along with crafting, potions and the systems the systems that all these bring to the game.

Damn, the hype is pretty huge for the Witcher 3. I'm definitely getting both though. But Fallout 4 is a lot shorter. I might just get it first to get it out of the way.

Around the Network

It's great, but Fallout 3 was better.

It's amazing, and don't listen to the FUD about supposed broken gameplay or glitches.

Can't tell you what i think. Too busy playing Fallout 4

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Mystro-Sama said:

So what does everyone think? I need to know what game to get when i'm done with Phantom Pain.

And why the hell is the metacritic user score is low. Its barely breaking 60s.

Metacritic is full of people that like to spam zeros, which makes the score ridiculously low. Noone with even an ounce of credibility or reason wouldn rate FO 4 below 5 or even 6 (my personal opinion is much higher BTW).

CU......or CF ?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

So what does everyone think? I need to know what game to get when i'm done with Phantom Pain.

And why the hell is the metacritic user score is low. Its barely breaking 60s.

So there are a ton of user opinions. Most negative reviews and opinions mention:

• outdated engine
  • straight-forward missions
  • poor dialogue system
  • no carma

Mystro-Sama said:
John2290 said:
I'm still playing it after 72 hours now so it is a good game and I can't tell you the worst part of it without getting into spoilers, you already have my opinion on the game as a whole on your other thread. I would recommend The Witcher 3, since I know you haven't played it yet. The Witcher 3 is truly a master piece of a game. The level of narrative choice is beyond anything Bethesda have ever done and every choice, even the smallest ones you may not think mean anything can effect the narrative dramatically. The game play is great, always fun and the systems of leveling are fantastic, along with crafting, potions and the systems the systems that all these bring to the game.

Damn, the hype is pretty huge for the Witcher 3. I'm definitely getting both though. But Fallout 4 is a lot shorter. I might just get it first to get it out of the way.

Where did you get that idea? I'm quickly getting to the point where my time spent with F4 will exceed that of TW3 and I haven't even been to Diamond city yet. (main quest start) I finished all the quests in TW3 (never touched Gwent though) Both games are massive, TW3 too long imo. F4 would be too if it wasn't for the building element to break up the pace.

Both are great, yet don't get F4 first to get it out of the way lol. Sure you can run through the main quest line, which you can do with TW3 too. Yet if you get sucked into the world you can easily say goodbye to 100+ hours :/

SvennoJ said:
Mystro-Sama said:
John2290 said:

Where did you get that idea? I'm quickly getting to the point where my time spent with F4 will exceed that of TW3 and I haven't even been to Diamond city yet. (main quest start) I finished all the quests in TW3 (never touched Gwent though) Both games are massive, TW3 too long imo. F4 would be too if it wasn't for the building element to break up the pace.

Both are great, yet don't get F4 first to get it out of the way lol. Sure you can run through the main quest line, which you can do with TW3 too. Yet if you get sucked into the world you can easily say goodbye to 100+ hours :/

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=26729

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270

It seemed just like Fallout 3 to me. Except that you don't nuke an entire town within the first few hours of the game.

After about 5 hours I gave up. Terrible story. Terrible performance. Ugly lighting and characters. Really not my type of game. And worst of all. Terrible gameplay. 

Mystro-Sama said:

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=26729

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270

Odd, I don't feel like I rushed The Witcher 3, maybe my ~70 hour estimate was low. Btw how can that be accurate for Fallout 4 when people taking their time have not finished the game yet? I've been playing daily since a few days after release and there is no end in sight. Completionist 204 hours in 18 days, that's over 11 hours a day! I don't call that leisurely lol.

All I know is, I'm spending more time with F4 than I did with TW3, mainly because of settlement building. But sure, I guess you can rush through it in under 20 hours to get it out of the way.