By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

rocketpig said:
tuoyo said:
Why so much noise about this topic? Jesus is the only way to heaven. The bible says it and everything the bible says is the truth. You can choose to ignore it but that doesn't make it any less true just like PS3 fanboys refusing to accept Wii is next gen does not change the fact that Wii is currently kicking PS3's butt.

And if anyone thinks the bible is inconsistent it is because he doesn't understand it.

And if anyone believes the Bible is 100% accurate, they don't understand the history of the book. It was a collection of writings that were compiled by a politically-motivated group and has been translated and edited more times than we even realize. 

That it was a collection of writings is irrelevant.  There were different writers but one author - God.  Each writer may have a different writing style so maybe where one writer may use come another would use approach but they were all writing based on the spirit of God.  And God cannot contradict himself.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
Paul said:
Serious question though... Kazadoom, what do you believe happens to people when they die, who are brought up in an area of the world where they never have access to any christian teachings and are thus completely ignorant to Jesus?

Unless you have had the opportunity to have Jesus preached to you you cannot be judged for not accepting him.  If you have been good you will go to heaven.  Just like all babies go to heaven.  That is my view at least and I am pretty sure it's right.  In fact I am 100% certain.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Apart from Christ it is impossible to get to heaven. Those who have not reached an age of understanding or have no capacity to understand (mentally handicapped people) not included since they are covered under His blood. There is no specific age either as I believe that differs for each person. The only thing I can say about those who have never heard is what the Bible says.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I believe that if someone really wants to know who God is based on the evidence of creation, then God will send someone to tell them. That is how God works. If they reject that then there fate is sealed.

For you and I, we have heard the truth so it really does not matter about some tribe in the middle of nowhere. If you reject the truth, then you will be judged. That is what needs to be your concern.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

tuoyo said:
rocketpig said:
tuoyo said:
Why so much noise about this topic? Jesus is the only way to heaven. The bible says it and everything the bible says is the truth. You can choose to ignore it but that doesn't make it any less true just like PS3 fanboys refusing to accept Wii is next gen does not change the fact that Wii is currently kicking PS3's butt.

And if anyone thinks the bible is inconsistent it is because he doesn't understand it.

And if anyone believes the Bible is 100% accurate, they don't understand the history of the book. It was a collection of writings that were compiled by a politically-motivated group and has been translated and edited more times than we even realize.

That it was a collection of writings is irrelevant. There were different writers but one author - God. Each writer may have a different writing style so maybe where one writer may use come another would use approach but they were all writing based on the spirit of God. And God cannot contradict himself.

You realize that your entire argument is based on faith in your religion and that your faith completely negates your original bolded comment, right?

You can't say "people who call the Bible inconsistent don't understand it" and then revert to a faith-based argument when someone raises a historically accurate fact about the Bible's original construction.

I believe Pete Burns said it best... "You spin me right-round baby, right-round, like a record baby, right-round-round-round". Circular arguments FTL. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

kazadoom said:
BluesinG - I only use the King James Bible

The Ghost of RubangB - I would love to see the unlimited facts that you are referring to. Also, which facts are the
ones that you think are bothering me. I am not bothered by facts, I am bothered by lies
and people who just talk in generalities as you have because they cannot list specifics.

I prefer reading the bible in its original language kind of tough getting the fonts for computers. Even if you don't fully understand it, it is clear that all translations are effected and no one is best. As for the flood it at no point says in the bible the whole world is flooded that is just a possible meaning. It can also be translated as the Land of the Hebrews and even all the animals in the world full in that catagory. As for Genesis(Bereshit) I do believe that is the story of the origin of the Jewish people. However the bible is absosolutely not the strict word of god it is just impossible. there are two stories of everything for Genesis a Yahweh and an Elohim version if you will.

As for facts light travels at a certain speec regardless of any reference speed. We can see galaxies over 4.5 billion years away. Radioactive Half life the thing that eventually means we have to change rods in a nuclear plant is crucial to atomic theory. There is more than just carbon dating there is potassium argon and quite a few other Isotope based tests.  OK if that is too much for you take or you do not wish to understand it and brush it off you should goto the grand canyon and take a look at how deep it is and how many layers of sedimentery sandstone lay there with different creatures that are common with each in each layer but not found a few layers up and how these creatures tend to stay aquatic or move to land based and go back to aquatic because the ground has moved. If the world were just 5,000 years old you would expect to see a 1/100 increase in the forces that make these things(assuming you are 20)

Your world was already aged argument makes the most sense because it is true when humans came about the world was already aged and to god who is an omnipotent and eternal being age is most likely non existent as we know it so to him this big sand box of a universe may not have necessarily been flashed aged but could of been rolling on while god just ceckd on it once in a while.

Around the Network

Refusing to believe the possibility of God ( he who cannont be disproven fully or proven fully hence the concept of "Faith" ) is the worse possible stance you could take .

I can't proove God exist's , You can't proove he doesn't. All I can tell you is that christ loves you , he died for you but there will be a day when he ask's you what you did with the sacrifice he made for you(judgement day).

kazadoom said:
You lied Ghost, you said you were leaving and you are still here.

I didn't say I was leaving.  I said "good day," and I'm still having one.  Although I did leave.  I am not "still here."  I am "back."  What I meant by "end of thread" was that to me the thread seems to be over.  I'll still pop in now and again though.  There's still gold and lolz abound.

rocketpig said:
tuoyo said:
rocketpig said:
tuoyo said:

That it was a collection of writings is irrelevant. There were different writers but one author - God. Each writer may have a different writing style so maybe where one writer may use come another would use approach but they were all writing based on the spirit of God. And God cannot contradict himself.

You realize that your entire argument is based on faith in your religion and that your faith completely negates your original bolded comment, right?

You can't say "people who call the Bible inconsistent don't understand it" and then revert to a faith-based argument when someone raises a historically accurate fact about the Bible's original construction.

I believe Pete Burns said it best... "You spin me right-round baby, right-round, like a record baby, right-round-round-round". Circular arguments FTL. 

You guy need a laugh. 

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
kazadoom said:
bluesinG - pretty common ones there.

#1 -
Ahaziah's age of confirmation

The "problem":

The King James Bible (as well as the majority of "original manuscripts") says of Ahaziah:

2Ki 8:26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.

And it also says:

2Ch 22:2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.

The "stock" answer:

The King James Bible and vast majority of "original" manuscripts are obviously wrong. It is a simple copyist error.

The truth:

Look again at the context of 2nd Kings 8:26:

2Ki 8:25 In the twelfth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel did Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah begin to reign. 26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.

This was eloquently explained in the notes from the Geneva Bible (circa 1599 A.D.). I'll just quote it:

"Which is to be understood, that he was made king when his father reigned, but after his father's death he was confirmed king when he was forty-two years old, as in 2Ch 22:2."

So there you have it.

Not quite. You're arguing that Ahaziah was "made king" at age 22, but not "confirmed king" until 20 years later, at age 42. Jehoram (Ahaziah's father) remained king during those 20 years.

The problem: 2 Kings 8:17 and 2 Chronicles 21:5 agree that Jehoram (Ahaziah's father) only reigned for 8 years, much less than the 20 years needed for your explanation to work.

This eight-year timeline is further confirmed by 2 Kings 8:16 and 25, which state that Jehoram began his reign in the 5th year of Joram's rule as king of Israel, and that Ahaziah began his reign in the 12th year of Joram's rule as king of Israel--no more than 8 years later.

I'll wait on arguing my contradiction #2 until after we settle this one.

Judging from the responses in this thread, the only thing you need to get into Heaven is a superb sense of humor. God was obviously having a joke on the universe when created the lot of us.