By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

To answer the original post:

Live your the the way you see fit as long as you don't do things that is going to hurt other beings emotionally or physically unecesarily

Around the Network
Paul said:
@ kenzomatic

I don't find that offensive at all. I find the fact that kazadoom thinks the bible is the litteral truth is offensive to my sanity.

I have no problem with people who believe whatever they like. It's their right. What I do have a problem with is people pushing faith-based belief on others and presenting it as fact when all scientific evidence bitterly disagrees with the idea.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

To go to Heaven I heard you have to kill your best friend.

... Or was that for the Mangekyou Sharingan..

kazadoom said:
bluesinG -

Here is an easy read about Ahaziah that really explains it in more detail. You can skim down to the explanation that makes perfect since.

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/bible/scripture/ahaziah-contradiction.pdf

Still nope.

The interpretation offered by the document you are now citing contradicts your previous interpretation. Previously, you argued that Ahaziah was "made king" at the age of 22 years-from-birth but not "confirmed king" until the age of 42 years-from-birth. I offered quotes from 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles to illustrate how that interpretation was not possible.

The new document assumes that, in both 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles, Ahaziah was made and confirmed king at the age of 22 years-from-birth. Before I address this new interpretation, are you now admitting that your original interpretation was incorrect, and that Ahaziah was made and confirmed king at the age of 22 years-from-birth?

OK, I have decided to not make any significant contributions to this thread and just post pictures.

Around the Network
kenzomatic said:
Exia said:

Here are some of the inconsistencies with the bible
OP: I can't to heaven because there is none.

Is it just me or is this a little offensive?

EDIT: the cussing that is.

If God created language (or the ability to speak | or created language THROUGH people) wouldn't all language be the word of God and therefore be acceptable, non-offensible?  Also, we had another thread discussion where all the religious typesfailed to prove that if God created free will, then why can he not control it.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

rocketpig said:
Paul said:
@ kenzomatic

I don't find that offensive at all. I find the fact that kazadoom thinks the bible is the litteral truth is offensive to my sanity.

I have no problem with people who believe whatever they like. It's their right. What I do have a problem with is people pushing faith-based belief on others and presenting it as fact when all scientific evidence bitterly disagrees with the idea.

Ah but if you experience something very good won't you want to share that with others.  And if you know that since you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour you have received many blessings won't you want others to receive him so they can receive their blessings.  And If you know Jesus is the way to heaven won't you want to bring others to Jesus so they can get to heaven.  And the bible commands it of us.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
rocketpig said:
Paul said:
@ kenzomatic

Ah but if you experience something very good won't you want to share that with others.  And if you know that since you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour you have received many blessings won't you want others to receive him so they can receive their blessings.  And If you know Jesus is the way to heaven won't you want to bring others to Jesus so they can get to heaven.  And the bible commands it of us.

Then you should go get yourself a prostitute.  Last time I had one, I experienced something good.  Don't deny my teachings, because they are the words of God, through me.  Or doesn't that apply to me?  It only applies to those that teach the same thing you believe in?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

bluesinG said:
kazadoom said:
bluesinG -

Here is an easy read about Ahaziah that really explains it in more detail. You can skim down to the explanation that makes perfect since.

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/bible/scripture/ahaziah-contradiction.pdf

Still nope.

The interpretation offered by the document you are now citing contradicts your previous interpretation. Previously, you argued that Ahaziah was "made king" at the age of 22 years-from-birth but not "confirmed king" until the age of 42 years-from-birth. I offered quotes from 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles to illustrate how that interpretation was not possible.

The new document states that, in both 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles, Ahaziah was made and confirmed king at the age of 22 years-from-birth. Before I address this new interpretation, are you now admitting that your original interpretation was incorrect, and that Ahaziah was made and confirmed king at the age of 22 years-from-birth?

no, I did not offer the second as a new interpretation, but another one.  Both of them could be right.  I never said that Ahaziah became king right after his father died and there is nothing that says that he had to.  There were many times that Israel went without a King for a time.  Therefore he could have been confirmed King 12 years after his father's death. I am fine with either because to me both make sense.  I have a preconceived notion that the Bible is true and you have one that the Bible is false.  Therefore it does not matter what you say or what I say for I do not care what you opinion is neither do you care what mine is.  I see no need to continue this.  You can believe what you like and try to keep proving the Bible to be wrong, but in the end you will find out sadly that you were the one that was wrong when you stand begore the God of the Bible.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Andir said:
kenzomatic said:
Exia said:

Here are some of the inconsistencies with the bible
OP: I can't to heaven because there is none.

Is it just me or is this a little offensive?

EDIT: the cussing that is.

If God created language (or the ability to speak | or created language THROUGH people) wouldn't all language be the word of God and therefore be acceptable, non-offensible?  Also, we had another thread discussion where all the religious typesfailed to prove that if God created free will, then why can he not control it.

Do you feel better now that you have made yourself look like an ass. Also I see the trend of you not wanting anything censored, so this is what I want you to do go to preschool and start cussing the worst you can in front of the children and see what happens.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1