By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Tomb Raider been wasted?

Intrinsic said:
John2290 said:

I know right, how could we forget that we had to stop to shoot in goldeneye.

or health pack management being a game of its own back then. Then you literally lived from save poi t to save point.

now? its bad enough that health regenerates on its own, now the game even saves itself for us. Then the further in a game you went, the more afraid of dying you were. cause that udusly meant starting all over again. Anyone that can remember shinobi give me an amen.

I remember being able to save as any time in Tomb Raider games and saving every five seconds  because death was everywhere and after every jump because it was so frustrating.

Around the Network

Yes:

Abdiel:

Fuck man. Midnight release, and then early mornings... Fallout doing very very well. Tomb raider doing... Okay, I guess, if I want to be nice. Seriously, what were they thinking...

Ugh though. So tired. And now our black Friday ads are posted. Maybe that will take some edge off.

(Hahaha...)

Ha...

Battlefront on the horizon gents. Fuck my life.

The PS5 Exists. 

Well, initial sales reports from other forums seem to indicate a sales catastrophe in the making. Fallout selling like hotcakes, TR settling for crumbs.
I am truly sad, one if my favorite franchises selling so undeservedly poorly. Hopefully they will get more sales in a couple of months at a reduced price.

But I do worry about the future of the franchise: Was a one time moneyhat worth sabotaging its success, especially when it turned out to be a very good game? Will that moneyhat be enough not just to replace lost PS4 revenue, but also to replace all the revenue lost by poor release scheduling?

It just seems that the initial announcement of "XBox exclusive, holiday 2015" with the subsequent uproar and Spencer's amateurish attempts to hide the real truth tied their hands as to the release date. They just couldn't swallow their pride and move its release once both Uncharted moved and Fallout muscled in on Nov.10.

I hope that Spencer's pride didn't kill TR's future.

I just got home from Gamestop with my copy. The atmosphere was crazy! There was a line of so long, it was out of the door. I even managed to buy a ( possibly "hot") couple of controllers from a guy in line in front of me. One white ps4 controller and one camouflage black/grey XBO controller for $20 each!

Anyway, I got to the front of the line. They keep the preorders on the counter behind them. There were literally stacks of maybe 100 copies of Fallou across different platformst. I told them I was there for Tomb Raider. The lady reached into a stack of about five copies and gave me mine.

:(

In hindsight, going up against Fallout, the recently released Halo, and Black Oops 3 might not have been the best strategy.....

GribbleGrunger said:
Yes:

Abdiel:

Fuck man. Midnight release, and then early mornings... Fallout doing very very well. Tomb raider doing... Okay, I guess, if I want to be nice. Seriously, what were they thinking...

Ugh though. So tired. And now our black Friday ads are posted. Maybe that will take some edge off.

(Hahaha...)

Ha...

Battlefront on the horizon gents. Fuck my life.

Always great to read Abdiel's thoughts. Didn't see that one though, can you give us a link please? ^^

Around the Network

Maybe Bayonetta 2 level of sales I'm guessing. Great for xbox owners and everybody else well ninty have Fatal frame and ps4 owners happy with fallout. Everybody happy

Faelco said:

Always great to read Abdiel's thoughts. Didn't see that one though, can you give us a link please? ^^

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184922825&postcount=2410

The PS5 Exists. 

LivingMetal said:
DeusXmachina said:

A female Zelda would be nice too.

Zelda is female.  I think you meant Link.

It was a joke...

d21lewis said:

I just got home from Gamestop with my copy. The atmosphere was crazy! There was a line of it the door. I even managed to buy a ( possibly "hot") couple of controllers from a guy in line in front of me. One white ps4 controller and one camouflage black/grey XBO controller for $20 each!

Anyway, I got to the front of the line. They keep the preorders on the counter behind them. There were literally stacks of maybe 100 copies of Fallou across different platformst. I told them I was there for Tomb Raider. The lady reached into a stack of about five copies and gave me mine.

:(

In hindsight, going up against Fallout, the recently released Halo, and Black Oops 3 might not have been the best strategy.....

Yeah, like I said to a guy at GameStop, I'm not sure whether releasing today was ballsy or suicidal on Tomb Raider's part.  Guess now I have my answer.

I know Fallout is a big franchise. I never played it (OR Elder Scrolls). I knew it had plenty of accolades but I never suspected it was as big as it was. My eyes have been opened, today.