By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox’s Aaron Greenberg wish: Uncharted & MLB: The Show for Xbox

Mr Puggsly said:
Angelv577 said:
it cant be deny that xbox needs a real baseball game. MLB 2k filled up that area nicely last gen.

Even if Xbox had a real baseball game, how many people would buy it? Sony has that market locked and the series doesn't sell particularly well.

If The Show was a multi million selling series like Fifa, Madden, or NBA 2K, well some other studio would make a baseball game as well. Between three platforms that series struggles to sell a million.

I know MLB as a whole isn't big especially compare to fifa, madden and nba 2k but still, I believe there is at least 100k people on xb1 that would like a real baseball game in their library instead of settling for that arcade version.  It has nothing to do with who has a system seller and who doesn't, it's just a small genre that one has while the other doesn't.

Around the Network

Well, on the comment of Phil saying he wishes they had an UC type game.

I would think Perfect Dark could fit in that role nicely, or a new IP, but for the love of all things, don't moneyhat games, especially if they're just going to come to other consoles later.

Angelv577 said:

I know MLB as a whole isn't big especially compare to fifa, madden and nba 2k but still, I believe there is at least 100k people on xb1 that would like a real baseball game in their library instead of settling for that arcade version.  It has nothing to do with who has a system seller and who doesn't, it's just a small genre that one has while the other doesn't.

Oh, I think there are several 100K people on X1 that would like a real baseball game. Unless MLB The Show is gonna go multiplat though, there isn't a big enough audience to create another baseball game like The Show. It wouldn't sell enough hardware to justify that investment.

Frankly, fuck baseball I want a new boxing game. I'd even play 360's Fight Night games if they came to X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Trunkin said:
KLAMarine said:
You're Microsoft: fund an 'Uncharted' for your console.

, but who would develop it?

Exactly. people often forget that good games are not simply products of lots of money. 
You need a team of people who work well together and have passion and a vision for what they are creating, you can't just employ 200 people and say
'in 3-4 years, give us something amazing'

Mr Puggsly said:
Angelv577 said:

Oh, I think there are several 100K people on X1 that would like a real baseball game. Unless MLB The Show is gonna go multiplat though, there isn't a big enough audience to create another baseball game like The Show. It wouldn't sell enough hardware to justify that investment.

Frankly, fuck baseball I want a new boxing game. I'd even play 360's Fight Night games if they came to X1.

I forgot about boxing.  Hope they create another fight night before end of the gen.  

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:

I forgot about boxing.  Hope they create another fight night before end of the gen.  

Yeah, I think it COULD happen. Fight Night Champion has been on discounted many times on both 360 and PS3.

Maybe that could be EA testing the water to see if people want it. Also, it has a pretty active online community last time I checked.

We don't even need a game built from scratch. They could just make improvments to original engine. The gameplay is already tight even several years later.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

jason1637 said:
Uncharted is a great game and mlb would appeal to sport fans.

yes. MLB, i dont play it - but it looks awesome for a sport-game. Uncharted is a must have for everyone, i think. But The Last of Us 2 is coming too and THIS = <3

i like greenbergs comment. : )

KLAMarine said:
You're Microsoft: fund an 'Uncharted' for your console.

Thats the role Rise of  Tomb Raider is suppose to play.

I love the show, but MS should just grab some uber talent and create their own exclusive MLB game imo.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I love the show, but MS should just grab some uber talent and create their own exclusive MLB game imo.

But would it be worth the money? They could easily make some other IP that generates more sales than MLB: The Show.

If anything, I'm surprised 2K doesn't recycle assets from the 2K baseball games and sell it for $20-$30. At that price there wouldn't be any great expectations.

Recently Completed