By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Reviews Meta 86

Abun said:
starcraft said:
It looks like there is a reasonable chance that Microsoft's funding helped Square make the game they wanted to make.

Platform owners of all persuasions should be glad of it

Once again they did not fund the game.Stop speading this lie.The game was announced before MS paid for it to be exclusive this fall.

Square have said pretty explicitely that Microsoft's funding enabled them to release the game they wanted to release. I.e. the high quality (and clearly very expensive) game we have before us.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Nem said:
jlmurph2 said:

That's been known since last year. It isn't their fault you didn't know. Even though you're on internet gaming forums.

Touchy. :P

It hasnt been very advertised at all. I probably knew by time of the announcement and forgot about it. Thats because they really didnt try to remind me. :)

I don't think you are interested in Tomb Raider anyway.

Abun said:

The sales are all that matters since it shows where the fanbase is,which is the point I am making.You just proved my point about Square selling out since you just said that it has been on all platforms and MS paid for it to be delayed on the other platforms,which is again my point.All the rest you named is irrelevant as none of those games were relased on other platforms so they do not have a fanbase which is bigger on the paltform that they are not releasing.Stop trying to defend what the truth is.There is no proof that No Man's Sky would go to Xbox or WiiU period lol.Either way it is not the same type of situation and Sony actually paid for the development of the game just like Helldivers (which they own).

If we go by sales then so many franchises wouldn't go to PS4 let alone PS, XCOM 2 is going exclusive because Firaxis got far more sales on PC than last gen systems combined and yet those gamers still want to play the games.

Suqare isn't selling out to no one, they aren't obliged to owe Sony diddley squat and Sony or fans on PS don't own SE let alone being entitled to them in general. As far as I can see they are a business like any other that can freely conduct business with other companies and as such they decided to do business with MS and then after a few months with PC gamers and lastly Sony, in the end they will get money from MS for the deal, make money from the sales and then money from PC gamers and then Sony gamers to which we all get the game and SE gets more money.

I;m not trying to defend anything, you're the one who's trying to defend the notiont hat you think Sony owns SE or the fans on PS systems own SE or deserve them more than anyone else. It's just a solid fact that they can do business whereever they want, that's life.

Doesn't matter about NMS though since Sony got there first like how MS got there first with SE, only SE gets more money than the NMS devs will ever hope to make on only PC and PS4 while Se releases on 3 platforms.

And MS doesn't fund didly squat right?.

I mthink this is going to go nowhere with you because you're cock sure SE is owned by PS gamers and feeling you are entitled to them by default despite them being a seperate entity of a busienss that is free to conduct business where it wants and it's just too bad that you can't seem to come to terms with that, I am sorry that you can't see that. (don't need to reply to me with the same last line because I know business and I know SE enough to know they will make more money in the end).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

starcraft said:

Square have said pretty explicitely that Microsoft's funding enabled them to release the game they wanted to release. I.e. the high quality (and clearly very expensive) game we have before us.

I don't think he's going to come to terms with SE and their desire to conduct business with other companies, I mean we've sen this happen a lot throughout the gens and this one is no different with Sony funding SFV and MS funding TR while PC funds other projects along the way.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Great score, better than I expected. I'll probably buy it day 1 once it arrives at PS4.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Abun said:
Nem said:

I may add that Sony actually stole Tomb raider from the sega saturn on wich it originally debuted. So... yeah i dont know if Sony's a good guy from this perspective. Its business... and tbh PS4 will get the better version, so good things come to those who wait. No need to fret. Let Microsoft have their exclusive.

LOL debuted by one month.It was never known as a Sgea Saturn game. and bomded hard.Just wanted to point out the specifics.

It's bad business,but whatever.

I don't know if its bad business. It would depend on how much Microsoft paid. I still don't see why you are so mad. The game is coming to PS4 aswell. Its just a timed exclusive. Are you that impatient to play it? Think of it like this. You will have less time to wait for CD's next game once it arrives on PS4.

Fingers crossed for Legacy of kain though. ^^

Goatseye said:
Abun said:

TR sold much better on PSX and that's a fact so I don't need numbers.Who proved that Sony paid to keep TR2 off the other platforms that they did not sell well on?

Who needs factual numbers right? I can just pull something out of thin air and gallop with my agenda.

I didn't expect you to know about the Sony/Eidos deal after you said about MS's. Look it up.

You are the one that brought it up.So where are your facts? It is not my job to tell you something that is common knowledge.TR has sold over 7 million units on the original PSS,but I am not going to search for a link.You tried to make an argument,but provided no evidence.

Chazore said:
Abun said:

The sales are all that matters since it shows where the fanbase is,which is the point I am making.You just proved my point about Square selling out since you just said that it has been on all platforms and MS paid for it to be delayed on the other platforms,which is again my point.All the rest you named is irrelevant as none of those games were relased on other platforms so they do not have a fanbase which is bigger on the paltform that they are not releasing.Stop trying to defend what the truth is.There is no proof that No Man's Sky would go to Xbox or WiiU period lol.Either way it is not the same type of situation and Sony actually paid for the development of the game just like Helldivers (which they own).

If we go by sales then so many franchises wouldn't go to PS4 let alone PS, XCOM 2 is going exclusive because Firaxis got far more sales on PC than last gen systems combined and yet those gamers still want to play the games.

Suqare isn't selling out to no one, they aren't obliged to owe Sony diddley squat and Sony or fans on PS don't own SE let alone being entitled to them in general. As far as I can see they are a business like any other that can freely conduct business with other companies and as such they decided to do business with MS and then after a few months with PC gamers and lastly Sony, in the end they will get money from MS for the deal, make money from the sales and then money from PC gamers and then Sony gamers to which we all get the game and SE gets more money.

I;m not trying to defend anything, you're the one who's trying to defend the notiont hat you think Sony owns SE or the fans on PS systems own SE or deserve them more than anyone else. It's just a solid fact that they can do business whereever they want, that's life.

Doesn't matter about NMS though since Sony got there first like how MS got there first with SE, only SE gets more money than the NMS devs will ever hope to make on only PC and PS4 while Se releases on 3 platforms.

And MS doesn't fund didly squat right?.

I mthink this is going to go nowhere with you because you're cock sure SE is owned by PS gamers and feeling you are entitled to them by default despite them being a seperate entity of a busienss that is free to conduct business where it wants and it's just too bad that you can't seem to come to terms with that, I am sorry that you can't see that. (don't need to reply to me with the same last line because I know business and I know SE enough to know they will make more money in the end).

None of what you said applies to my comment.Its a fact that TR sells better on PS and that means that is where the fanbase is.So that is why I said SE sold out by delaying the game that was obviously going to be on the PS4 day one in favor of taking the handout from MS.Once again MS did not fund this game and Square has never said that.It's common sense to realize that a game that sold better on one platform would also have the sequel released the same time for that particular platform,but I will end it here.You are damn right I feel entitiled to a sequel of a game that I bought on the PS3.My money helped make this franchise a success and Square is obligated to make the game available to those who bought the first one.I understand business,but I can call it bad business when it's obvious.

Nem said:
Abun said:

LOL debuted by one month.It was never known as a Sgea Saturn game. and bomded hard.Just wanted to point out the specifics.

It's bad business,but whatever.

I don't know if its bad business. It would depend on how much Microsoft paid. I still don't see why you are so mad. The game is coming to PS4 aswell. Its just a timed exclusive. Are you that impatient to play it? Think of it like this. You will have less time to wait for CD's next game once it arrives on PS4.

Fingers crossed for Legacy of kain though. ^^

I am irritated at deals like this,which MS did tons last generation,but not mad.I am not impatient,it's just stupid to delay the game just to take a bribe.We are entitled to play the game on PS4 at the same time since that version already exists anyway.It's about the principle and I could careless about business or whatever.People need to stop acting like this is not garbage.

Abun said:

None of what you said applies to my comment.Its a fact that TR sells better on PS and that means that is where the fanbase is.SO that is why I said SE sold out by delaying the game that was obviously going to be on the PS4 day one in favor of taking the handout from MS.Once again MS did not fund this game and Square has never said that.It's common sense to realize that a game that sold better on one platform would also have the sequel relased the same time for that particular platform,but I will end it here.You are damn right I feel entitiled to a sequel of a game that I bought on the PS3.My money helped make this franchise a success and Square is obligated to make the game available to those who bought the first one.I understand business,but I can call it bad business when it's obvious.

I've noticed you keep saying "it's a fact" and "lies" "none of what you said applies" a lot between me, Starcraft and Goat and yet you aren't really backing up what you say besides mentioning a number or two and using the words I highlighted.

End of the day SE sold out to no one chum, you're still getting the game regardless so stop complaining, if anything this gen Sony is getting spar treatment while MS and Nintendo get tablescraps and have to pay out their own books.

I love how MS doesn't fund any games or Nintendo or anyone else but Sony does it all the way, I just adore this kind of logic at times, I really do.

You shouldn't feel entitled to that which you do not own, you don't own SE and never will, they are a business of their own and are not obliged to owe you anything like every other business out there and that's the bottom line mate, take it or leave it.

Well you said you're going to end it here so I suggest you take up on your own words and stop with it rather than coming back with another quote on how wrong I am and how entitled and right you are ebcause you said so.