By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Reviews Meta 86

It looks like there is a reasonable chance that Microsoft's funding helped Square make the game they wanted to make.

Platform owners of all persuasions should be glad of it

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
It looks like there is a reasonable chance that Microsoft's funding helped Square make the game they wanted to make.

In the end we're all going to get the game on our systems anyway  and that's all that should matter(well maybe not Wii U and Ouya).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Goatseye said:
Abun said:

You mean during the time TR only sold well on PSX? Can't money hat a game that sells better on your console,but that is not relevant to the current generation.

Do you have numbers of TR sales on Gen 5?

So there's a rule for moneyhatting right? As long as it fits an agenda, it's good to go.

TR sold much better on PSX and that's a fact so I don't need numbers.Who proved that Sony paid to keep TR2 off the other platforms that they did not sell well on?

Chazore said:
Abun said:

Are you serious. They took the game away from it's core fanbase because MS paid them.What game has Sony done this with? Zero!

No not really, you claim that because you think it's best played or owned in some sense by the PS community or PS in general but TR has been on all sorts of platforms for years, it doesn't matter what it sold on either because at the end of the day other platforms had TR games. Sony bought the Helldivers IP which only just recently is going to PC which in asense made that timed exclusivity and then of course the deal they made with the devs behind No Mans sky which has them keeping it off Xbox and WIi U along with keeping PC info silent for a long time (despite the game first being announced for PC and then suffering a flood such info vanished). Sony are not all saints, anyone who thinks as such needs to go in for a checkup.

The sales are all that matters since it shows where the fanbase is,which is the point I am making.You just proved my point about Square selling out since you just said that it has been on all platforms and MS paid for it to be delayed on the other platforms,which is again my point.All the rest you named is irrelevant as none of those games were relased on other platforms so they do not have a fanbase which is bigger on the paltform that they are not releasing.Stop trying to defend what the truth is.There is no proof that No Man's Sky would go to Xbox or WiiU period lol.Either way it is not the same type of situation and Sony actually paid for the development of the game just like Helldivers (which they own).

starcraft said:

Once again they did not fund the game.Stop speading this lie.The game was announced before MS paid for it to be exclusive this fall.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
starcraft said:

In the end we're all going to get the game on our systems anyway  and that's all that should matter(well maybe not Wii U and Ouya).

I should not have to wait for a game that I should be getting day one,but I don't care now since it will be irrelevant when it does come.

Chazore said:
Abun said:

Are you serious. They took the game away from it's core fanbase because MS paid them.What game has Sony done this with? Zero!

No not really, you claim that because you think it's best played or owned in some sense by the PS community or PS in general but TR has been on all sorts of platforms for years, it doesn't matter what it sold on either because at the end of the day other platforms had TR games. Sony bought the Helldivers IP which only just recently is going to PC which in asense made that timed exclusivity and then of course the deal they made with the devs behind No Mans sky which has them keeping it off Xbox and WIi U along with keeping PC info silent for a long time (despite the game first being announced for PC and then suffering a flood such info vanished). Sony are not all saints, anyone who thinks as such needs to go in for a checkup.

I may add that Sony actually stole Tomb raider from the sega saturn on wich it originally debuted. So... yeah i dont know if Sony's a good guy from this perspective. Its business... and tbh PS4 will get the better version, so good things come to those who wait. No need to fret. Let Microsoft have their exclusive.

jlmurph2 said:
Nem said:
I found out yesterday that this game is actually cross generation. Funny how they tried so hard to hide that.

That's been known since last year. It isn't their fault you didn't know. Even though you're on internet gaming forums.

Touchy. :P

It hasnt been very advertised at all. I probably knew by time of the announcement and forgot about it. Thats because they really didnt try to remind me. :)

Nem said:
Chazore said:
Abun said:

I may add that Sony actually stole Tomb raider from the sega saturn on wich it originally debuted. So... yeah i dont know if Sony's a good guy from this perspective. Its business... and tbh PS4 will get the better version, so good things come to those who wait. No need to fret. Let Microsoft have their exclusive.

LOL debuted by one month.It was never known as a Sgea Saturn game. and bomded hard.Just wanted to point out the specifics.

It's bad business,but whatever.

Abun said:

TR sold much better on PSX and that's a fact so I don't need numbers.Who proved that Sony paid to keep TR2 off the other platforms that they did not sell well on?

Who needs factual numbers right? I can just pull something out of thin air and gallop with my agenda.

I didn't expect you to know about the Sony/Eidos deal after you said about MS's. Look it up.