By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 1.12mil as of Dec 2014 (NOT A FLOPPP!) >_<

If that is true it's awesome!! This game deserved to sell at least one million, as well as pikmin 3. It's a shame both games haven't sold at least 2 million. Amazing games.
I couldn't finish DK, it's too difficult for me, but still a great game! I would recommend it to everyone.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Mummelmann said:

2.5-3 million seemed to be the consensus back then, I think some even said 4-5 million if I'm not mistaken. Tried to find the thread but the search function in here is shit and my old bookmarks are gone...

This was right before it launched, as I remember.

Uh... I remember people telling me it was the "right" decision as it was going to sell a lot because Returns sold 6M copies...

Your not looking at the entire picture. 

DK Returns first Year sold between 3.5mil-4mil (2 months) and 2 years (well 14months including 2 holidays) over 5mil. this on the Wii

DK TF sold 1.12mil in its first year (11 months) on a 9.2mil-9.3mil userbase. Sold about 30% of DK Returns, thats not bad at all. 

And DK TF gonna outsell every Metroid Game aside from 2, so..... :0

Hope Nintendo doesn't see it as a flop and we`ll have to wait 15 years to get another one...

My favourite game on the system hands down, now i need me some Freedom Planet action.

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:

Uh... I remember people telling me it was the "right" decision as it was going to sell a lot because Returns sold 6M copies...

DK Returns first Year sold between 3.5mil-4mil (2 months) and 2 years (well 14months including 2 holidays) over 5mil. this on the Wii

DK TF sold 1.12mil in its first year (11 months) on a 9.2mil-9.3mil userbase. Sold about 30% of DK Returns, thats not bad at all. 

That's the thing though; those saying it would sell 3-5 million, or even 6 million, were the ones not looking at the big picture. We realized that the installed base would never be big enough for those numbers without a historical attach rate.
So, technically, we were among the only ones who did see the big picture.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
tbone51 said:

That's the thing though; those saying it would sell 3-5 million, or even 6 million, were the ones not looking at the big picture. We realized that the installed base would never be big enough for those numbers without a historical attach rate.

K.O.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mummelmann said:
tbone51 said:

I don't know who thought dk was going to sell that much at that time especially with wiiu being about 6mil when the game released?  (4mil+).

That said these figures are end of 2014 so the game might land between 1.5mil to 2mil which I think most predictions were around the 2mil mark. 

I need to see if I can find the old threads for the games predictions. I hope I didn't say 3mil lol

Pavolink said:
Mummelmann said:

K.O.

?  What? O.o

Find these people pls

tbone51 said:
Mummelmann said:

I don't know who thought dk was going to sell that much at that time especially with wiiu being about 6mil when the game released?  (4mil+).

That said these figures are end of 2014 so the game might land between 1.5mil to 2mil which I think most predictions were around the 2mil mark. 

I need to see if I can find the old threads for the games predictions. I hope I didn't say 3mil lol

I had these old threads in my bookmarks but I bought a new rig and Win + browser and everything is new. Let's just say that no one agreed with 1.5 million lifetime, there were even quite a few who believed that 1 million in Japan alone was a lock as I remember.
Doesn't matter though; the biggest titles on the Wii U have performed really well and Splatoon was a proper sleeper hit!

Mummelmann said:
tbone51 said:

I had these old threads in my bookmarks but I bought a new rig and Win + browser and everything is new. Let's just say that no one agreed with 1.5 million lifetime, there were even quite a few who believed that 1 million in Japan alone was a lock as I remember.
Doesn't matter though; the biggest titles on the Wii U have performed really well and Splatoon was a proper sleeper hit!

Talking about Splatoon, it's almost outselling DK 3:1. Impressive.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile