By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is there some people you simply can't stand?

I have this college Professor who I find 'insufferable.' No matter what I write, he'll think that my writing is terrible. However, I have taken other classes with various Professors who thought that my writing was good and showed a lot of promise. In addition, this professor rubs me the wrong way. Everything from his mannerism to his ideological positions, are either contraditctory to mine or annoying. 

Have you ever had this experience? Where you and someone else were naturally incompatible? 

Around the Network

He's probably just an Authoritarian.

Yes? And, you know, it's the worst thing ever when that happens. Specially if you have to attend to the same place for a long time, like in college.

The same happened to me when I was taking a French course.. they changed the professor for another one which I was completely incompatible with, one that criticized me whenever he could. It was a pain, but it ended!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Yes, some douche at work. But since his daddy works there, he has some kind of immunity. Even if I'm supposed to be that bitch's boss, he acts like I can't boss him around.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I remember in my Intro to Java class, there was a guy I loathed with all my heart and soul. I ended up moving all the way across the room and even then we got into a pretty intense confrontation.

Most people in the course knew nothing about programming and had no interest in it, as it was required even if you wanted to deal with hardware or networking. As such, it was often slow going and some people had zero aptitude for it. Unfortunately, the guy I'm talking about, he already knew some programming and proceeded to let everyone know by sighing loudly, tapping his foot, and loudly muttering things like, "oh, come on," when someone was stuck. The professor would be talking and this jerk would act like a one of those little boys who have to stay beside their mom when she's shopping for dresses. He'd even roll his chair around like a brat.

Because I was initially right beside him, it drove me absolutely crazy. At first I would bring my earphones and put them on the moment I sat down, even if I wasn't listening to anything, because sometimes he'd complain to me or, even worse, talk about his car.

One day I'd had enough and just moved my things to another workstation. However, he was STILL annoying and I ended up telling him so. I don't know how close we were to fighting but I really wasn't too bothered by the prospect.

Around the Network

Are all your threads now gonna be about hating people?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=209178&page=1

Nah. I pretty much like everyone. People try too hard to dislike people.

People that don't know is from are.

To the op...  Just be glad you didn't partake in a class that I took.  Technical writing...  Should have been a breeze but teacher kept giving me Cs or Ds because of formatting.  I swear to God that I put the right margins and spacing in but I would be docked 20-30 points each paper due to formatting.

spemanig said:
Nah. I pretty much like everyone. People try too hard to dislike people.

I find it easy to dislike people, but I like most people when I talk to them.

"You have to give respect in order to get respect" - Father of Pootie Tang!
i learned this from my favorite soo-bad-it's-good-type-of-movie, XD! And it work everytime, just being nice, smiley and respectful then aint nobody gonna disrespect you.

As for the professor, It's like yin yang, you're yin and he's yang, you might dislike his way of thinking and it's perfectly fine btw but rather go against his way, why not trying to atleast embrace it for a lil bit ? To better understand him, he's a professor after all, he earned dat position for a reason ya know :)