By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: More Women Own Videogame Consoles Than Men in US!

Don't believe it. Something about the survey was done incorrectly.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

Does this include 7th gen?

EDIT: Also kids. parents (wether they are men or women) may own the console, but often, it's only the kid that's playing on it...

Mum's buying consoles for their sons.

Hmm, pie.

Mothers?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

If mom's are the reason, then it means the most popular consoles are for kids? Wow.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Some College 54 -> College 37, Consoles make you drop out of college... CONFIRMED.

This data isn't strong enough to make those conclusions, it would be better if it included an addedum of the household demographics as well.

That being said, we can't conclusive say mothers because of this: https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/news/press-releases/2015/kids-move-away-from-home-computers-for-gaming-in-droves/

Consoles are declining for kids as well albiet at a decreased rate to PC's thus, its likely that a lot of these college kids, male and female are playing consoles rather than buying them for their newborns(Assuming they have kids in College)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I'm willing to bet that they call during the day and ask, "are you the home-owner," to whomever picks up, then conduct their survey based on that, not on who bought the console or who plays the console.

This is probably completely useless.

But my mommy bought me my Wii U.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I strongly disagree with this ''statement''

Ka-pi96 said:
'having a console in their household' =/= owning it or even using it

Indeed. This is what I was thinking when I saw the survey

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]