By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Experience 2015 Thread - It's over.

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
OneKartVita said:
What time (London GMT) is this on at tomorrow?

That info is on the OP, both PST and GMT.

I'll be at 6PM at GMT time (London).

And it's Saturday, not tomorrow.

It's at a good time.  Can't wait! 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
JustBeingReal said:

I know Mark Norris said "expect something new from Horizon in 2016" or something like that, but it doesn't necessarily mean something new can't be shown at PSX, even so I doubt Guerrilla will wait all the way until E3, they aren't usually a studio that takes so long between announcements and release, there last 2 games only had 9 months between initially getting announced and releasing.

While Horizon may take a bit longer than that, there's nothing to suggest it's going to be held back for say a post E3 2016 release.

There's GDC in March 2016, that takes place in San Fransico, time for a new trailer or perhaps we'll get a stream or a new trailer randomly released when Guerrilla and Sony choose to.

Horizon may be the November/December game. Even though it may be risk to throw a new IP there, Sony seems to really believe on it.

I'm personally very doubtful of that, I mean it was actually revealed with gameplay, running pretty solidly. Bloodborne was another new IP, that was announced at E3 2014, with no gameplay, just CG and the gameplay footage leaked from behind closed doors wasn't anywhere near as solid as Horizon when that was revealed this year.

Guerrilla have a bigger team working on Horizon (pretty sure they've said it's over 150 people, for over 2 years at this point, with another small pre-production team of around 20 staff for around 2 years before that) and like I say they have a history of releasing pretty soon after revealing proper gameplay, which they've already done.

The game seems in very good shape. Horizon could be a Fall release, but Fall could also be where Bend's game and GT sits, which would make more sense given that those two games were revealed later. Hell Detroit could also be a Fall 2016 release.

I think Sony believes in all of the new AAA IPs and indies they're backing, hence why they've committed to giving them the development time needed to be all the developers can make them, rather than pushing them out of the door to reveal when the first semi-accurate representation of something for these games is ready to show.

Horizon has been in the oven for a long time, tbh I get the impression Sony really doesn't feel the need to put their games in the Fall, where AAA 3rd party titles really shine. Maybe an empty summer, where little or no other big releases could be where many of these games get put, assuming they're ready to go.

TBH the games will come when they're ready to.

PGW was a disappointment for me. I'm expecting Sony to deliver meltdown-level announcements.....again xD

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

BraLoD said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Then is has to be TLG right? Or FF7 lol. I haven't been able to keep up with what all has been done lol.

Things like FF7R and Shenmue 3 didn't qualify to my GIF making, as I stated before the first one (the 15 days GIF), because they are not at least expected for 2016.

It has been like this so far:

15 days: Dreams (Media Molecule/Sony)
14 days: Dragon Quest Builders (Square Enix)
13 days: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (tri-Ace)
12 days: Gravity Rush 2 (Japan Studio/Sony)
11 days: Ratchet and Clank (Insomniac)
10 days: Gran Turismo: Sport (Polyphony Digital/Sony)
09 days: Dark Souls III (From Software)
08 days: Street Fighter V (Capcom)
07 days: Nioh (Koei Tecmo)
06 days: Detroit: Become Human (Quantic Dream)
05 days: Persona 5 (Atlus)
04 days: Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
03 days: Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games/Sony)
02 days: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Naughty Dog/Sony)

(I hope I got everything right, didn't checked it but I'm positive it went like this)

If taht is the case I am going with TLG then lol...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Roronaa_chan said:
TLG makes more sense in May or June, not April
I don't think Sony cares enough about 3 and Vita to even do a price cut, they want everyone's money flying towards PS4, seems unlikely
Obviously no Rockstar

:) .....We will see.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
JustBeingReal said:
BraLoD said:
JustBeingReal said:

I know Mark Norris said "expect something new from Horizon in 2016" or something like that, but it doesn't necessarily mean something new can't be shown at PSX, even so I doubt Guerrilla will wait all the way until E3, they aren't usually a studio that takes so long between announcements and release, there last 2 games only had 9 months between initially getting announced and releasing.

While Horizon may take a bit longer than that, there's nothing to suggest it's going to be held back for say a post E3 2016 release.

There's GDC in March 2016, that takes place in San Fransico, time for a new trailer or perhaps we'll get a stream or a new trailer randomly released when Guerrilla and Sony choose to.

Horizon may be the November/December game. Even though it may be risk to throw a new IP there, Sony seems to really believe on it.

I'm personally very doubtful of that, I mean it was actually revealed with gameplay, running pretty solidly. Bloodborne was another new IP, that was announced at E3 2014, with no gameplay, just CG and the gameplay footage leaked from behind closed doors wasn't anywhere near as solid as Horizon when that was revealed this year.

Guerrilla have a bigger team working on Horizon (pretty sure they've said it's over 150 people, for over 2 years at this point, with another small pre-production team of around 20 staff for around 2 years before that) and like I say they have a history of releasing pretty soon after revealing proper gameplay, which they've already done.

The game seems in very good shape. Horizon could be a Fall release, but Fall could also be where Bend's game and GT sits, which would make more sense given that those two games were revealed later. Hell Detroit could also be a Fall 2016 release.

I think Sony believes in all of the new AAA IPs and indies they're backing, hence why they've committed to giving them the development time needed to be all the developers can make them, rather than pushing them out of the door to reveal when the first semi-accurate representation of something for these games is ready to show.

Horizon has been in the oven for a long time, tbh I get the impression Sony really doesn't feel the need to put their games in the Fall, where AAA 3rd party titles really shine. Maybe an empty summer, where little or no other big releases could be where many of these games get put, assuming they're ready to go.

TBH the games will come when they're ready to.

Uncharted usually comes around that time, and this one was also initially planned to happen in the holidays as well.
Having at least a big new game in the shopping season is a wise thing to do.

I know Sony works with several partners and weill have stuff there anyway, but with the amount of games coming next year from them as well, one will definitely be by that time, and it better be a big one because otherwise the 3rd parties may eat on it.

Horizon could fit that really well, and if GoW 4 or whatever will it be called is not coming 2016, I would bet on Horizon to be it.

Horizon was rumored to initially be on it's way this Holiday, just as Uncharted 4 was, but we all know what's happening with Uncharted 4 now. ;)

Uncharted also went into development around the same time as Horizon did, with pre-production happening for a few years prior, with a reasonably decent sized small team.

Actually having a big new game isn't always wise, especially when you have huge multiplats landing then and the other times of the year are largely empty of competition for a similar big budget title. While Horizon has gained a lot of attention and it has a lot of prestigious developers working on it (don't think I need to say who), it's still something fresh, that needs to prove itself and giving it breathing room, away from as much competition as possible could help it to stand out further from games that already have a lot of attention by the community.

The thing is that Sony has form releasing big new games this generation, earlier in the year. We saw bloodborne and The Order 1886 released one month after the other, with very little competition and despite the lackluster reviews for The Order, because it didn't have much in the way of competition it's still managed to yield a core audience, which seems to have been enough to satisfy Sony's sales demands for the game. Bloodborne had no competition, a style of game that would usually be ignored by the masses, but that didn't happen because it's reviewed very well and was released earlier in the year.

This generation Sony doesn't really seem too bothered about forcing their games into the Fall, in fact they seem to be preferring the 1st 3 quarters for their games and have left the 4th open for 3rd party or some remakes, crossplatform releases.

BB, The Order, both were considered big releases by Sony, both new IPs, both released early in the year. BB was only announced at E3 2014, yet out 9 months later. Guerrilla also has a history of announcing their last 2 games only 9 months before release, while I'm not going to insist Horizon will be on it's way the same month as Uncharted 4, I very much doubt that it will be coming in the Fall, it just doesn't seem likely, given that it already has very solid running gameplay and GG were ready to reveal it. Best to release on hype, rather than wait and let that die to any degree, obviously depending in when the studio is really ready to release.

As for God of War, well that series has nigh on always been an early in the year release, most likely it's a 2017 release now and not a 2016 one, plus Santa Monica does have their collaboration with Plastic (a new IP, called Bound, see the PS Blog for details and a teaser).

There's been no indication of Horizon being a Fall 2016 release, just that it's coming in 2016, but the history of Guerrilla, history of Sony's PS4 new IP releases and the current state of Horizon all point to a release sooner, rather than that late.

JustBeingReal said:

There's been no indication of Horizon being a Fall 2016 release, just that it's coming in 2016, but the history of Guerrilla, history of Sony's PS4 new IP releases and the current state of Horizon all point to a release sooner, rather than that late.

What are you basing this on? At E3 we saw missing animations (Aloy didn't have an animation for going into sliding) and heavy pop-in of trees, while at PGW we saw very heavy framerate issues and the same trees popping in.

BraLoD said:
I seriously hope Kojima is coming to Sony. Be a PSX, please.

Fuck you Konami.

#FreeKojima

Unless his contract ends tomorrow, that's probably not going to happen.

So, uh, what did I miss? I saw most of it but I'm pretty sure I missed a few awards. Best RPG, best Shooter, etc. I'm watching, and refreshing the Wikipedia page...and nothing.

So, uh, What big reveals was there? I didn't see any big reveals except Psychonauts 2.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

BraLoD said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Unless his contract ends tomorrow, that's probably not going to happen.

He should go anyway, with Sony taking him and paying any shit he'll be sued on because of that.

They should finish the show with a big FUCK YOU presentation to Konami while Kojima dances widely on the stage.

I would pitch in on that.  I just loved how they pretty much outright said "Fuck Konami" and 'leaked' details of the contract just to garner hate.  Glorious.  amazing. 

I wish we had more people with guts like that. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android