By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 Review Thread - MC: 87/ GR: 88.32%

Tagged games:

OdinHades said:
I played for about three hours now and I'm absolutely loving it! the intro was great as always and the gameplay feels pretty fresh. It's still Fallout, but with major tweaks. It's a little bit harder now, which I like. There were a few framdrops on PS4, but I couldn't care less. The atmosphere is so damn great that I just totally forget about stuff like that. Can't wait to play more!

From watching some of the gameplay videos, it does look harder.  Kind of scarier, too.  New Vegas had more of those "oh hell" moments, like when you first came across a Reaver or a pack of Nightstalkers, and I liked that.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the companions.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
OttoniBastos said:
The Gametrailers review is a joke!!! They spent the entire review pointing out problems from the glitches and performance issues to the lackluster story and new features like base building which apparently "barely works"(they said that) and they gave a 9?!

And then when i say the score range was already decided long before they got the game to review,some call that an hyperbole!

Yeah I mean if you ignore the positives they talk about like the varied environments, new legendary enemies, loads of customization options, much better combat, great filler stories, new settlement building element, more challenging gameplay, etc etc and how even with their issues, the game consumed them and they constantly think of playing it, then I guess I could see why you'd be confused by a 9.0 score. Luckily I just cleared it up for you.

You thinking the score was already decided isn't hyperbole, it's just tin foil hattery.

So basically we should ignore all of the flaws,which far outweigh the good points just because the reviewer enjoys the game?Any broken game can not be a 9/10 period.O ejnoyed Skyrim,but would not give it a 9/10.

Abun said:

So basically we should ignore all of the flaws,which far outweigh the good points just because the reviewer enjoys the game?Any broken game can not be a 9/10 period.O ejnoyed Skyrim,but would not give it a 9/10.

No ones ignoring the flaws.. They've been clearly communicated and presented. 

Numbers in reviews are ultimately abitrary at the end of the day. Try not to over analyze things like the numbered scores in gaming reviews. You'll enjoy gaming more that way. :)

Btw, Skyrim gets a perfect 10 in my book :)

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Not Metacritic, obviously, but it's an informative review.

PenguinZ said:
Abun said:

Numbers in reviews are ultimately abitrary at the end of the day. Try not to over analyze things like the numbered scores in gaming reviews. You'll enjoy gaming more that way. :)

Your tolerance of bugs must be very high and  you're too easily pleased. Honestly, skyrim is a 6 or 7.  

Around the Network

Aw, dang! I was so close. Hopefully as the time passes I get closer. :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Abun said:

Ignore them? Nope. Look past them? Slightly. Your entitlement as a gamer should reflect your view of everything offered by the game. I would classify Fallout 4 as an 8 or maybe a 9 out of 10 because at the end of the day bugs and glitches are a minor disturbance to an otherwise almost perfect game. The game has done what it set out to do which is more than most games/entertainment properties can say for themselves. My score would be based on the game, not just the glitches within the game(although they can be annoying).

It's too easy to nitpick a large, choice driven, hugely customizable, quest filled open world game. Too easy. It's about the cumulative fun you have with the game; how well you take the bad with the good. You might say the bad is just too bad and to that I say, too bad for you.

PenguinZ said:
Abun said:

LOL No game that freezes every time you get in the water deserves a 10/10.

A_C_E said:
Abun said:

Ignore them? Nope. Look past them? Slightly. Your entitlement as a gamer should reflect your view of everything offered by the game. I would classify Fallout 4 as an 8 or maybe a 9 out of 10 because at the end of the day bugs and glitches are a minor disturbance to an otherwise almost perfect game. The game has done what it set out to do which is more than most games/entertainment properties can say for themselves. My score would be based on the game, not just the glitches within the game(although they can be annoying).

It's too easy to nitpick a large, choice driven, hugely customizable, quest filled open world game. Too easy. It's about the cumulative fun you have with the game; how well you take the bad with the good. You might say the bad is just too bad and to that I say, too bad for you.

Here we go with the excuses again about how open the game is.Maybe they should get rid of some of those choices,customization and openess in favor of a better designed game that actually has an interesting story,good gameplay and smooth framerate? FO was never good from my experiences which were the last two and 4 looks no better.FO has not done anything more than other games that play better,look better,run better and are better designed.I have to disagree with you there,as quality games must be well designed.

Abun said:
A_C_E said:

Here we go with the excuses again about how open the game is.Maybe they should get rid of some of those choices,customization and openess in favor of a better designed game that actually has an interesting story,good gameplay and smooth framerate? FO was never good from my experiences which were the last two and 4 looks no better.FO has not done anything more than other games that play better,look better,run better and are better designed.I have to disagree with you there,as quality games must be well designed.

I'm sorry I come off as someone who only has excuses but I was just being honest and open about how I feel about Fallout 4, and at the end of the day that's what matters. I would totally be down for them getting rid of some choices, customization and openess in favor of a better designed game but then they would have a brand new franchise and it would no longer be Fallout. I myself have very much enjoyed the Fallout series (minus NV) even with all of the glitches within the games because like I said, glitches are simply a nuisance.

Fair game, we'll just have to agree to disagree.