By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is "Miitomo" a good idea?

Is Miitomo a good idea?

Yes, because... 115 53.49%

No, because... 99 46.05%

Total:214

This really could rise their stocks. If it had another name.

Around the Network

The mobile market is already flooded with apps similar to it, the gimmick it comes with really doesn't give a person the incentive to visit it again and again like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I'm not sure how it'll do in America, but I'm not expecting a lot

The stock isn't going to grow significantly until they start releasing mobile games. IMO  the delay and the fact it wasn't a game that features big nintendo ip resulted in the selloff of stock. It's a knee jerk reaction though.  I'm keeping my longposition in Nintendo and actually wish I had more money right now to buy stock at this discounted rate. Investors right now are trading this stock as a mobile play. After what happened with Zynga investors are looking for a stable mobile play and Nintendo will provide that it's just going to take more time now for that payoff to begin.

I think it will do well to be honest. Miis are for casuals and casuals are all on the iPhone/Android, so that actually works for Nintendo rather than against them for a change.

And it's free to start, I'm guessing it will have a lot of Nintendo loot/items you can obtain (ie: pay for) so that should work.

I just wonder how much "meat" there is to the game, as in will it be something that people will want to use everyday. If there's not much to do with it after the initial novelty wears off, then it won't work, but I would imagine there would be some (?) gameplay elements?

Tomodachi Collection is a big hit in Japan and was an ok sized hit in the US/Europe, so if its kinda like Tomodachi Lite with Streetpass style stuff, I could see this doing quite well.

I get the feeling an app that can use Amiibo toys is coming too. 

I think it's great idea for first game.

Around the Network

It's a cell-phone thing, i don't care

They are definitely trying to attract the casual mobile gamers with this game/application, so I think it's a good idea, though hopefully not all their mobile games are like this

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Considering their target audience, I think it's a good idea.

Of course, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Soundwave said:

I think it will do well to be honest. Miis are for casuals and casuals are all on the iPhone/Android, so that actually works for Nintendo rather than against them for a change.

And it's free to start, I'm guessing it will have a lot of Nintendo loot/items you can obtain (ie: pay for) so that should work.

I just wonder how much "meat" there is to the game, as in will it be something that people will want to use everyday. If there's not much to do with it after the initial novelty wears off, then it won't work, but I would imagine there would be some (?) gameplay elements?

Tomodachi Collection is a big hit in Japan and was an ok sized hit in the US/Europe, so if its kinda like Tomodachi Lite with Streetpass style stuff, I could see this doing quite well.

I get the feeling an app that can use Amiibo toys is coming too. 

Yep, that's why I think mini-games will be the hook to keep them invested in the app. Maybe they will throw some kind of events, like parties. It could be cool.

Platina said:
They are definitely trying to attract the casual mobile gamers with this game/application, so I think it's a good idea, though hopefully not all their mobile games are like this

I'm pretty excited. In the mobile market there are some cool ideas and can't wait to see what Nintendo can do with a full game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It is possible that what Nintendo is trying to sell in game (Miitomo Microtransaction), is another game.

Effectiveness of this idea is yet to be seen.