By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony posts $280M profit. PS4 ships 4 million in Q2 & LTD = 29.3 Million

All without "blockbusters" and price cuts. What the fuck.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
aLkaLiNE said:

So I went ahead and checked and you're flat out lying. Pre-market they're down from yesterday and seeing as you can only publicly trade during or after hours, the value hasn't had time to react yet to these financial statents. I stand by what I said even more strongly now. There will be am instant boost and it will have its first peak in within 15 minutes of open.

I might have checked wrongly. I thought it was up 5% this morning.

It´s now down by 4%, wierd. Why were investors expecting better results?

No it was down pre market. And the news was published a few hours ago regarding financial statements. I'm actually surprised it's trending down still

FentonCrackshell said:
I have 2 PS4s. Like the thing but don't love it. I'm amazed by these numbers though. What has people flocking to this machine so readily?

It is the best well made console already released.
The others machines are still below PS4 standards in every way.
People wants to play games.

It is easy to see why the success.

29.3 Million

No ones beats this beast!!! Good job Sony!!!

GAF

Around the Network

Almost 30 mil by now. Color me impressed.

NewGuy said:
SWORDF1SH said:

How does this relate to VGC's numbers?

Sony shipped 29.3M PS4s as of Sep 30th. VGC says PS4 sold 26.5M to consumes as of Oct 3rd. 

Either there are 2.8M PS4s out in the wild now or PS4 is undertracked by about 1.8M.

I think it's somewhere in the middle. PS4 certainly has far more on shelves than 1 million, but 2.8 million definitely seems too high.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Marketshare just keeps increasing. Looking foward to what devastation a slim $299 PS4 can do. Really impressive numbers.

FentonCrackshell said:
I have 2 PS4s. Like the thing but don't love it. I'm amazed by these numbers though. What has people flocking to this machine so readily?

In a lot of places the fact that is a playstation product is enough to make you buy one if you are searching for a gaming 'next gen' console tbh

ethomaz said:

GAF

Are you for realz?  Photoshopped?