By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shareholders Meeting - What do you expect will happen?

Roronaa_chan said:
I expect everyone there will remove their own lingerie

"What's wrong with you Nintendo ? Look at our lingeries ! They're not that scary ! Now give back lingeries in Project Zero or we sell all our shares !"

Around the Network
tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:

I expect that they will give hardware and software shipped figures, and of course earnings and revenue et. al. Nothing else really...

You're expecting the fact... What?

That's the point. I don't expect we'll get anything else noteworthy than that.

Hiku said:
Gamemaster87 said:
midrange said:

Something did happen in between. E3. It was an abysmal failure for them. They even talked about commitment for future E3's due to how bad this one was. They said they would do many things, but they often have 180 degree turns.

Nothing says NX will release in two years. People are already predicting a second half 2016 launch.

You can't just claim what you want to happen as fact and then call anyone else who thinks otherwise as "retarded," because in reality Nintendo has shown to go back on their words many times (for better or worse)

Where did I say that this is my wish? That is what will happen because it's the best thing Nintendi could do in their current situation.

NX is coming in 2016, but only the Handheld part.

And they said many times that they wanted to focus on 2015 and early 2016 at E3. Don't know what was wrong then...

They didn't announce any new titles in development for 2016 and beyond at E3. All we saw were things we already knew about, plus Mario Tennis and the Animal Crossing Party game.
I don't know what the point of a 2017 release for the NX home console would be if nothing more is in the works for WiiU. Especially if NX games are supposed to work on all NX platforms. Would seem weird to release a platform with it's main concept missing at launch and for possibly a year.
I don't recall Nintendo, Sony or MS ever publically talking about their next console if it isn't due for 2-3 years. Because if it releases in Dec 2017, that's 3 months short of 3 years since they made the first NX announcement in March 2015.

Pokken was announced after E3. We also know that Pikmin 4 is in development and we somehow know that Twilight Princess HD is a thing. Nintendo is still working on unannounced Wii U Games, maybe no more unannounced 3DS Games, but definitely on unannounced Wii U Games.

They've just wanted to put their focus on Games that are coming in the near future. One main problem of the Wii U were all the delay of big games. You can avoid that by announcing the games not that long before launch.

And they won't launch both systems in the same year even if they're a copies of themselves, what I don't expect to happen btw. This would end that people only buy one system and ignore the other one. A bundle of both would be too expensive. So, I expect them to launch both systems unbundled and with an one year gap. The 3DS needs a successor. Sales are falling, all big IPs are out. There's no future for this platform. So it will be replaced first.

Wii U sales are still rising (at least in Japan) or remain on the same level. Plus, there are still some big IPs that haven't been on the system. Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Zelda. So, there's still room for growth. That's why I expect the Wii U to get replaced after the 3DS.

3DS successor: 2016

Wii U successor: 2017

I expect a question about NDs, Mobile and NX.

On the mobile front, he might reveal something, but i expect a press conference to make the actual reveal;
On NX we will get either a "wait for next year", mixed with a possible Q for the reveal or "wait for E3".

More Amiibos!!!

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

Money will be made.

More specifically new amiibo lined up, mobile game, new rewards program progress.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I actually wasn't even thinking about more Amiibos to add to the line, but since they are such a smash hit, you're probably right because the shareholders will want to hear about them. My thought is maybe they will at least confirm there is a new handheld as well as a new home console in the works, but maybe won't give away that they are to be packaged as one concept...so basically I expect some news, but it will probably be more ambiguous news. I just hope they at least talk a little about it.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

I added another article in the OP that I found interesting and relevant as to some ideas.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

I dont think we will see a direct until next year now out of respect for Mr Iwata passing this year.

MegaDrive08 said:
I dont think we will see a direct until next year now out of respect for Mr Iwata passing this year.

Why would that be respectful to Iwata?