By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shareholders Meeting - What do you expect will happen?

Isn't the first mobile game due this quarter, I have my bets on that.

Would love for NX news but won't hold my breath

Around the Network
midrange said:
Gamemaster87 said:
-Mobile Game
-Member Service
-Quality of Life

Everyone who expects something on NX is either retarded or too dumb to read. Nintendo themself said several times that we won't get new info before 2016.

They also said that they weren't going into mobile, or that the wii u would have lots of third party support, or that zelda wii u would come this year, or that starfox would come this year.

They've said a lot of stuff that they went back on. Don't call people stupid for thinking that Nintendo will release info for their next console, especially with the failure of the current console

You can't compare that. These things happened because something unexpected happened in between.

If Nintendo says they won't show something, then they don't show it.

Remember Zelda? They said they won't show it at E3 -> They haven't shown it at E3

They said they won't show NX before 2016 -> They won't show NX before 2016.

And why should Nintendo release info on their next home console two years before its release?

Maybe they'll show something on the 3DS successor, but I don't expect that to happen this year either. They'll announce NX handheld in 2016 and release it in 2016. They'll announce NX home console in 2017 and release it in 2017.

Trust me.

Gamemaster87 said:
dongo8 said:
Gamemaster87 said:
-Mobile Game
-Member Service
-Quality of Life

Everyone who expects something on NX is either retarded or too dumb to read. Nintendo themself said several times that we won't get new info before 2016.

That's a bit harsh, I'm a pretty smart dude, as I'm sure many others are on here. But either way, Nintendo holds these meetings to give the shareholders peace of mind for their future. Yes they said they would not speak on NX until next year, but if they need the info out in order to appease their shareholders instead of just a "trust me guys, this'll work" I think they may be liable to share it. We do not know what type of leader Kimishima-san is, but he could have a slightly different vision than Iwata, so we're still holding out hope.

Kimishima won't change Iwata's strategy. He will just complete Iwata's legacy. Also, what should they say to the shareholders? They can't really show anything without ruining their holidays.

There won't be anything on NX. Trust me.

These meetings are typically followed by a Q&A, it's not unlikely that a shareholder will ask about NX, that doesn't mean we will get a full reveal or major details but a small tidbit or vague statement isn't out of the question.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Kimishima won't change Iwata's strategy. He will just complete Iwata's legacy. Also, what should they say to the shareholders? They can't really show anything without ruining their holidays.

There won't be anything on NX. Trust me.

These meetings are typically followed by a Q&A, it's not unlikely that a shareholder will ask about NX, that doesn't mean we will get a full reveal or major details but a small tidbit or vague statement isn't out of the question.

And Kimishima will handle it like Iwata last time: simply ignoring it and giving them information we already have.

A CEO can't answer all of the shareholders' questions. 

I dont think they will say much about nx.  They may speak in code about it but they don't want to totally canabolize their 3ds and wiiu chirstmas.

I'm expecting better than projected earnings due to a weaker yen and better than expected Splatoon sales might help a bit.

Maybe they'll let investors download and play their first mobile game "right now"  lol

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
Boberkun said:

They already ruined it. Shit tennis game in November and XenoX for the rest of the year.

So why should they ruin it even further?

They do have Splatoon and Mario Maker bundles for Christmas and  Xenoblade is a nice title.  They saved Chirstmas by not releasing Star Fox Zero in it's current state. 

Gamemaster87 said:
midrange said:

They also said that they weren't going into mobile, or that the wii u would have lots of third party support, or that zelda wii u would come this year, or that starfox would come this year.

They've said a lot of stuff that they went back on. Don't call people stupid for thinking that Nintendo will release info for their next console, especially with the failure of the current console

You can't compare that. These things happened because something unexpected happened in between.

Remember Zelda? They said they won't show it at E3 -> They haven't shown it at E3

And why should Nintendo release info on their next home console two years before its release?

Maybe they'll show something on the 3DS successor, but I don't expect that to happen this year either. They'll announce NX handheld in 2016 and release it in 2016. They'll announce NX home console in 2017 and release it in 2017.

Trust me.

Something did happen in between. E3. It was an abysmal failure for them. They even talked about commitment for future E3's due to how bad this one was. They said they would do many things, but they often have 180 degree turns.

Nothing says NX will release in two years. People are already predicting a second half 2016 launch.

You can't just claim what you want to happen as fact and then call anyone else who thinks otherwise as "retarded," because in reality Nintendo has shown to go back on their words many times (for better or worse)

midrange said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Trust me.

Something did happen in between. E3. It was an abysmal failure for them. They even talked about commitment for future E3's due to how bad this one was. They said they would do many things, but they often have 180 degree turns.

Nothing says NX will release in two years. People are already predicting a second half 2016 launch.

You can't just claim what you want to happen as fact and then call anyone else who thinks otherwise as "retarded," because in reality Nintendo has shown to go back on their words many times (for better or worse)

Where did I say that this is my wish? That is what will happen because it's the best thing Nintendi could do in their current situation.

NX is coming in 2016, but only the Handheld part.

And they said many times that they wanted to focus on 2015 and early 2016 at E3. Don't know what was wrong then...

Gamemaster87 said:
zorg1000 said:

And Kimishima will handle it like Iwata last time: simply ignoring it and giving them information we already have.

A CEO can't answer all of the shareholders' questions. 

There is a very strong possibility that ur right but there is also the chance he gives a small, vague statement or some minor details.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Gamemaster87 said:
midrange said:

Where did I say that this is my wish? That is what will happen because it's the best thing Nintendi could do in their current situation.

NX is coming in 2016, but only the Handheld part.

And they said many times that they wanted to focus on 2015 and early 2016 at E3. Don't know what was wrong then...

Again, nothing prevents the NX from coming next year, both handheld and console.

The best thing for Nintendo to do for their shareholders is to assure them of a stable future. Wouldn't it then make sense to mention their upcoming console?

And yes, they focused on near sighted games on E3. I didn't say that was wrong. I said Nintendo has turned on their words with other scenarios. They claimed zelda and star fox wouldnt get delayed but they got delayed. They promised more third party support for the wii u but that never happened. They were really persistent on not joining the mobile endeavor, but they ended up doing so anyway.

There is no way to know for sure if they won't give NX info. They said they wouldn't, but they also said a lot of stuff they wouldn't do that they ended up doing anyway