By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

What do you prefer

Console 191 67.02%

PC 94 32.98%

Total:285
ganoncrotch said:
Lawlight said:
I think people forget about the cost of hassle. The hours spending fixing game issues on PC is priceless to me.

imma devil advocate on this one, i've spent hours moving games too and from my vita/ps3 and my PC just because they have such annoyingly low amounts of storage compared to my pc, 32gb for games compared to 4.25tb. cant just whack 2tb into a vita for the 50euro it costs in a PC

You spent hours on that? How hard is it to move games on the Vita/PS3? Also, moot point with the PS4. Also, if the space bothers you on the PS3, why not change th hard drive?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Sales happen for console games as well, not to mention PS+, which means that I haven't actually had to buy a game in years.

Not on the same exact level as PC and you actually have to pay for PS+ wheras you can just play some games for free on PC with no cost at all to access said games. To gain access to those "free" games on PS+ you actually have to pay the sub, it is in no way the exact same with PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Lawlight said:
Sales happen for console games as well, not to mention PS+, which means that I haven't actually had to buy a game in years.

Not on the same exact level as PC and you actually have to pay for PS+ wheras you can just play some games for free on PC with no cost at all to access said games. To gain access to those "free" games on PS+ you actually have to pay the sub, it is in no way the exact same with PC.

What games on PC are we talking about here? F2P? And sure, old PC games do tend do become cheap but so do console games.

So tired of these moronic posts.

I stopped at "Can't use your TV as a monitor". I did when I got mine. Did that not happen?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Lawlight said:
Chazore said:

What games on PC are we talking about here? F2P? And sure, old PC games do tend do become cheap but so do console games.

No not entirely F2P games, there are games you can find for free from various devs at times, then there's Origin's "on the house" program which gives you a game for free with no extra charge every few weeks to a month(doesn't matter if it's only one game because you're not actually paying a penny to get it) and then of course there are some titles you can grab on Steam that go free for a peroid of time and then you can claim it forever before it goes back to costing something and then of course there are actual F2P games where you don't need to pay anything, I play Heroes of the Storm completely for free for example and the very popular Planetside 2, Hearthstone as well.

See when you ask "what games" it sounds more like "give me a list I can disaprove of or make exactly the same", kinda what you did at the end just there.

No there is an actual factual difference here and you are going to have to accept that, there is no arguing that they are the same.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Lawlight said:
Chazore said:

No not entirely F2P games, there are games you can find for free from various devs at times, then there's Origin's "on the house" program which gives you a game for free with no extra charge every few weeks to a month(doesn't matter if it's only one game because you're not actually paying a penny to get it) and then of course there are some titles you can grab on Steam that go free for a peroid of time and then you can claim it forever before it goes back to costing something and then of course there are actual F2P games where you don't need to pay anything, I play Heroes of the Storm completely for free for example and the very popular Planetside 2, Hearthstone as well.

See when you ask "what games" it sounds more like "give me a list I can disaprove of or make exactly the same", kinda what you did at the end just there.

No there is an actual factual difference here and you are going to have to accept that, there is no arguing that they are the same.

Of course I need to know what games - not all games are equal. So, for the past 6 weeks, Red Alert 2 has been the free game. As for F2P, well they're F2P.

Lawlight said:

Of course I need to know what games - not all games are equal. So, for the past 6 weeks, Red Alert 2 has been the free game. As for F2P, well they're F2P.

"Equal"?, no you're starting to sound like you want to twist the core definition here, I just told you what was what. When I said equal I meant the two platforms, not the games, one game is always going to be different from another, doesn't matter about the model, getting Red Alert 2 for free and playing a F2P game are different but at the end of the day you get those both free without paying a penny.

Regardless of this it doesn't change the fact that there difference is that on PC you can actually find various forms of games to play for free without paying anything but to get those "free" games on PS+ or PS at all you do actually have to pay a sub in order to gain access at all, you don't just get them handed to you on a silver platter for nowt, that's not how 2 out of the big 3 work. That's what makes PC different from consoles and not 100% the same or equal in that regard.

Pemalite said:
Bman54 said:
For me, the big thing is consoles have a ton of exclusives that I love while PC has virtually none, so no matter the benefits PC has, I will always buy consoles. And since I already have these consoles, it's much easier to play third party games on it without having to worry about cost or whether the game will work or not.

PC has more exclusives. Literally, you can't use the exclusive argument.

Read next time. I said that I love. I don't care how many there are in total, just how many I love. PC has basically none for me.

Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

"Equal"?, no you're starting to sound like you want to twist the core definition here, I just told you what was what. When I said equal I meant the two platforms, not the games, one game is always going to be different from another, doesn't matter about the model, getting Red Alert 2 for free and playing a F2P game are different but at the end of the day you get those both free without paying a penny.

Regardless of this it doesn't change the fact that there difference is that on PC you can actually find various forms of games to play for free without paying anything but to get those "free" games on PS+ or PS at all you do actually have to pay a sub in order to gain access at all, you don't just get them handed to you on a silver platter for nowt, that's not how 2 out of the big 3 work. That's what makes PC different from consoles and not 100% the same or equal in that regard.

There's plenty of F2P games on console as well. 

Lawlight said:

There's plenty of F2P games on console as well. 

See I said before and knew this is where everything would end up, "both are the same".

No they aren't.

You can keep saying they are and I know you totally will but that doesn't make it true.