By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

What do you prefer

Console 191 67.02%

PC 94 32.98%

Total:285

PCs don't get outdated more quickly. In 2005, if you built a gaming PC as strong as a 360, it would perform the same as a 360 does on modern games. The reason there's a perception that PCs get outdated quicker is because PC gamers tend to like upgrading their GPU every 1-3 years. It's not a necessity by any means though.

Around the Network
iLikeEggs said:

Umm, my pc is only connected to my TV. I don't have a monitor. Do some research before posting false info. I can play games at better settings than my ps4 and my pc only cost my $500 about two years ago. That, combined with me still being able to play ALL OF MY PC GAMES FROM FOREVER AGO, free online, much cheaper games, better sales, mroe frequent sales, more controller input options, more graphical settings, emulators, the fact that a pc is also a pc that can do many more things than a console, make it a much better experience, IMO. I have all 3 consoles (U, One, Ps4), but they come nowhere close to the experience of having a quality pc (which can be had for cheap, unlike much of the false costs I see people state around here). Not having to pay for online is just the icing on the cake. That is ridiculous. And It doesn't matter if there are more programs on PC (steam, origin, GOG, etc.); it takes two seconds to open one and boot up a game. 

Also, PC has plenty of exclusives. Just because they're not as talked about as uncharted, does not mean they are bad or nonexistent. 

I don't know why people keep posting these comparisons. If you don't want to build a pc and play games on it, then don't. Just play on your preferred platforms. BUt being ignorant of the diversity and scope of pc gaming is rampant on this site and it's pretty funny it's like some people are on a mission to shed pc gaming in a terrible light due to their console allegiance. it's funny. 

I dont know where you live but if i wanted to build a gaming pc with ps4 performance TODAY it would be something like:

Nvidia GTX 750 ti - 120€

Core i3 4130 - 120€

Motherboard ~50€

Case - 30€

Power Supply 400 Watt - 40€

8 GB Ram - 50€

500 GB HDD - 40€

Windows 10 - 80€

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - 40€

Headset/HDMi Cable - 10€

All in all thats 580€ for to get an as good pc as ps4 TODAY. So I dunno how you got an machine for 500$ 2 years ago?

Using a PC on an TV isnt very comfortable. Texts are to small, you need an table ot something to use the mouse etc. I hooked up many pcs to an tv in my life but just to streaming a movie etc. I would never seriously use my pc completly on an TV.

PS: My ps4 was 259,-

Pemalite said:

Also keep in mind... Consoles cannot do this which is "extremely" enjoyable (I have a triple display set-up): 

Who would want to game like that?

Also, I don't agree that pc games are cheaper. Unless you're talking about older games.

I prefer gaming on consoles rather than on pc. Unless I have no other choice (like witcher 1 is only on pc), I'd choose multiplats ps4 or even x360.

That's just my preference.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

Pemalite said:

Conclusion: Console 3 / PC 2

Winner: Console. Console Gaming in general is cheaper as pc gaming.

Well. I disagree. A PC easily pays for itself and can end up cheaper if you like to own large game libraries.

Let's not forget you also have access to the largest game library on Earth as well.
NES, SNES, Commodore 64, Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Megadrive, Nintendo 64, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy, Wii, Gamecube... Heck. Even emulate Android and thousands of games on Steam.

There are more games on PC than any console.

What you are using for a + point here is piracy, while it's true you can use that method to get access to a free OS and games, you can do more or less the same with most consoles, of last generation anyway, but then it becomes hard to put a value on what you are comparing because you are placing value on stolen goods.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Sprash said:

Be realistic, how many games do you have on steam you will never play (not even a second)?

0 or at least thats what I want it to be realistically. Will I be able to do it? Maybe , maybe not who knows but....

I plan to play them all eventually - same with my console games , I still have games I purchased 10 + years ago that I havent played but I will plan eventually to play and even complete them.

I never buy games just to collect them - I plan to play every game I have. God willing of course :p

So far I have played/completed about 60+ games on Steam which is more than any other platform I own or ever owned.

Now let me ask you a question - how many games do you have on your platforms (all of them) that you have bought but will never play?

https://steamdb.info/calculator/

Should chuck your account name in here, see how many you actually have realistically. Not what you would want to have. It's also pretty class way to get a value of your account altho it doesn't take in stuff like humble bundles and steam sales ofc.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

JNK said:
iLikeEggs said:

Umm, my pc is only connected to my TV. I don't have a monitor. Do some research before posting false info. I can play games at better settings than my ps4 and my pc only cost my $500 about two years ago. That, combined with me still being able to play ALL OF MY PC GAMES FROM FOREVER AGO, free online, much cheaper games, better sales, mroe frequent sales, more controller input options, more graphical settings, emulators, the fact that a pc is also a pc that can do many more things than a console, make it a much better experience, IMO. I have all 3 consoles (U, One, Ps4), but they come nowhere close to the experience of having a quality pc (which can be had for cheap, unlike much of the false costs I see people state around here). Not having to pay for online is just the icing on the cake. That is ridiculous. And It doesn't matter if there are more programs on PC (steam, origin, GOG, etc.); it takes two seconds to open one and boot up a game. 

Also, PC has plenty of exclusives. Just because they're not as talked about as uncharted, does not mean they are bad or nonexistent. 

I don't know why people keep posting these comparisons. If you don't want to build a pc and play games on it, then don't. Just play on your preferred platforms. BUt being ignorant of the diversity and scope of pc gaming is rampant on this site and it's pretty funny it's like some people are on a mission to shed pc gaming in a terrible light due to their console allegiance. it's funny. 

I dont know where you live but if i wanted to build a gaming pc with ps4 performance TODAY it would be something like:

Nvidia GTX 750 ti - 120€

Core i3 4130 - 120€

Motherboard ~50€

Case - 30€

Power Supply 400 Watt - 40€

8 GB Ram - 50€

500 GB HDD - 40€

Windows 10 - 80€

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - 40€

Headset/HDMi Cable - 10€

All in all thats 580€ for to get an as good pc as ps4 TODAY. So I dunno how you got an machine for 500$ 2 years ago?

Using a PC on an TV isnt very comfortable. Texts are to small, you need an table ot something to use the mouse etc. I hooked up many pcs to an tv in my life but just to streaming a movie etc. I would never seriously use my pc completly on an TV.

PS: My ps4 was 259,-

Control and "+" will increase your text size or just go to the control panel and adjust the settings for the monitor (in this case, TV) you're using. Screen size, text size, resolution etc are all customisable.

I got a wireless mouse and aa wireless keyboard with a built in touch pad for like $30.  The box said it would play for a year on a single set of batteries (which were included).  I'm not a PC gamer and I see you have experience as well but, for me, there is zero compromise using a computer on my tv which sits about twenty feet away (living room. Six feet away in my game room).

Indeed, this is mainly opinion based, but pretty nice and interesting list you have made

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

PC gaming has spoiled me. Every time i play a game on PS4 that's sub 30fps, it drives me crazy.

Utility:

PC +29