By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The walking dead

I'm watching last week's episode and they're ruining the comic so much is not even funny. Seems like they are missing the point in favor of pleasing people who just want b movie action.

Around the Network

The comic does an excellent job with pacing and making you care about every character and their stakes. Then, when something happens (like the attach of the "wolves", the tension is super high and the payoff is that much greater.

There are three or four times where this series actually almost made me cry. It's really gotten away from that. These normal people have become " The Expendables".

The last episode I really liked was the "Fear the Hunters" adaptation from last season. Why they keep staying from the source material for these bs stories that always fail (like "death hospital" where Very died for no reason) is beyond me.

Nogamez said:

Is it me or is the new season off too a bad start ( no spoilers here). I loved the previous seasons but yeah so far the first two episodes have been poor to say the least. Seems to me this programme is going downhill esp compared to game of thrones which remains consistently good every episode. Thoughts?

ou kidding right? last season of game of thrones was also lackluster.

honestly the quality of the show has been extremely down since after the first season. that season was superb, I suppose because of Darabont and better budgets

AMC got cheap and they pace out good effects and interesting episodes because they don't want to spend the $$$ and realize that they have enough zombie lovers hooked that it won't matter

it's disturbing when the show in the last few seasons has had points where you see like 1 zombie action scene every few episodes

Cobretti2 said:
Nogamez said:

Is it me or is the new season off too a bad start ( no spoilers here). I loved the previous seasons but yeah so far the first two episodes have been poor to say the least. Seems to me this programme is going downhill esp compared to game of thrones which remains consistently good every episode. Thoughts?

the last season of Game of Thrones started out lackluster but I think it really pulled together with a lot of interesting plot elements. and at least they're not cheap on Game of Thrones! whether or not people dig certain plot points the show is rich with sets and effects and effort. the same can't be said about The Walking Dead...

also do bear in mind that Game of Thrones loosely follows the book series, the book sections that season 5 was based on are arguably not the most exciting... .. I think they did okay with what they had to work wtih

one important difference I notice between a show like Game of Thrones and a show like Walking Dead is I'm actually really excited and looking forward to the next season of Game of Thrones. there are unanswered questions, seperate story arks to wonder about, characters who we haven't seen for a while that we want to find out is going on with them, etc. etc. etc.

with the Walking Dead for the last few seasons generally speaking there haven't been awesome season endings that left you on the edge of your set looking forward to the next season

like the end of last season (I won't go into specifics so I don't spoil for anyone) I feel as if the finale might as well have just been any random episode. it was tense, sure, but it lacked any real obvious question or motivation to return for the following season

the Walking Dead is failing plot wise in my opinion because it has been failing to provide mystery and curiousity for the viewers. the first season was so good because of what we DIDN'T know, with interesting questions regarding the possibility of government still existing (helicopter we see), searches / wondering about a cure, attempts to find lost loved ones, serious questions about finding safe communities to live in

the problem now is that the writers have gotten lazy and completely failed to provide curious mysteries or quests for the main characters to go on and the viewers to care about. I don't know if this is partially the fault of the comic or not, but from what I understand the TV show does not follow the graphic novel all THAT closely

I mean simply going from season to season with the same exact plot line (practically) of 'let's check out this community and see if it's safe or habitable' gets old so incredibly quickly and a lack of budget for cool action scenes just futher hinders the show

Around the Network

For me the last two seasons were really boring. So far the new season is far better.

i feel like its the same thing over and over, them just trying to find shelter then shit goes down, repeat.

I've enjoyed the 2 episodes so far.

At least they jump straight to who they're facing with right from the start.

The prison was the most boring for me, but I still enjoyed it. This is my 2nd most favorite (2nd only to GoT) of all ongoing series. Looking forward to ep3.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

mountaindewslave said:
Cobretti2 said:
Nogamez said:

the last season of Game of Thrones started out lackluster but I think it really pulled together with a lot of interesting plot elements. and at least they're not cheap on Game of Thrones! whether or not people dig certain plot points the show is rich with sets and effects and effort. the same can't be said about The Walking Dead...

also do bear in mind that Game of Thrones loosely follows the book series, the book sections that season 5 was based on are arguably not the most exciting... .. I think they did okay with what they had to work wtih

one important difference I notice between a show like Game of Thrones and a show like Walking Dead is I'm actually really excited and looking forward to the next season of Game of Thrones. there are unanswered questions, seperate story arks to wonder about, characters who we haven't seen for a while that we want to find out is going on with them, etc. etc. etc.

with the Walking Dead for the last few seasons generally speaking there haven't been awesome season endings that left you on the edge of your set looking forward to the next season

like the end of last season (I won't go into specifics so I don't spoil for anyone) I feel as if the finale might as well have just been any random episode. it was tense, sure, but it lacked any real obvious question or motivation to return for the following season

the Walking Dead is failing plot wise in my opinion because it has been failing to provide mystery and curiousity for the viewers. the first season was so good because of what we DIDN'T know, with interesting questions regarding the possibility of government still existing (helicopter we see), searches / wondering about a cure, attempts to find lost loved ones, serious questions about finding safe communities to live in

the problem now is that the writers have gotten lazy and completely failed to provide curious mysteries or quests for the main characters to go on and the viewers to care about. I don't know if this is partially the fault of the comic or not, but from what I understand the TV show does not follow the graphic novel all THAT closely

I mean simply going from season to season with the same exact plot line (practically) of 'let's check out this community and see if it's safe or habitable' gets old so incredibly quickly and a lack of budget for cool action scenes just futher hinders the show

The limited budget thing is so stupid. The numbers they pull from live viewing is a godsend for ANY show on any network. They should be blowing more money on stuff like that. It's stupid as hell. Shows like Stargate got barley 2 million on a good day. And is filled with special effects and action up the ass. A show like walking dead gets 6X the viewers.

Nogamez said:

Ever since the start of season two, the Walking Dead as become a soap opera with zombies. It's almost unbearable.