By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you care about Assassin's Creed anymore?

What is your favorite AssCreed game?

AssCreed 1 11 10.09%

Assassin's Creed 2 (the correct answer) 48 44.04%

AssCreed Brotherhood/Revelations 9 8.26%

AssCreed 3 (wtf is wrong with u) 8 7.34%

Assassin's Creed 4 (the 2nd correct answer) 27 24.77%

AssCreed Unity (wut) 6 5.50%

Total:109

I really don't. My interest in the series has gone done dramatically the past few years. I think it started with Revelations. A bit of backstory: AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. It had a wonderful story, likeable characters, vastly improved gameplay/visuals from the original AC, and was one of the best examples on how to correctly make a sequel. 

The series since then has run dry. Every year the same thing. New plot/characters/setting with this amazing open world. Except there next is nothing fun to do in that world. And the whole Uplay everywhere really breaks the immersion and takes you out of the world. It's quite annoying. 

With Syndicate approaching, does anybody care about this series anymore? The core gamers? It'll probably still sell a decent amount. But boy have they really milked this cow dry.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

I still do. I love open world and they're one of the few that get the freedom aspect right. I like the lore and want to know how it continues. Haven't played ACU yet but I hope I can find some time this year.

Also AC2 was shit compared to Brotherhood :P

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I stopped caring after Brotherhood. After Brotherhood, it was obvious they wanted to milk the franchise as much as possible so I kinda lost interest. And I was suspicious even with Brotherhood.

Besides, I didn't like the direction they took the series after the first game. It's not about assassinations, it's about murdering people with no regard to stealth. I also liked the more serious tone of the first game.

No, they're all pretty poorly designed games.

I still care but I need a break from it. I will get the new game when it gets cheaper.

Around the Network

I don't care for this series since Assassin's Creed IV.

Sure, when they're $20 and patched. At launch I could care less, they're broken and worthless.

I don't really, they've beaten the series to death. 4 was likely the last one I'll get.

ACIV was amazing I thought and was the first AC I've played since the original, but now it seems you're stuck in a city so nope no interest here any more

I still love them but I always wait for a 20$ price point. That means I'm not up-to-date with the series. Next one is Black Flag. I think I'll skip Liberation and Rogue.