By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

As expected to be honest. I'm going to buy the game anyway

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
I feel like those 9/10 reviews and such really should have taken into account the fact that the single player experience is lacking and a huge waste of time. I mean, sure, the game is multiplayer focused, but the single player is still a significant portion of the available modes of play. I appreciate that it is meant to be multiplayer focused, but including lacking content should affect the overall package rather than just kind of being glossed over in the final review score.

I feel like some sites are just rating it high because Zelda is attached to the title, while other sites are overreacting and giving it horribly low scores. From what I've read about the game, from the (honestly kind of dumb) story to the somewhat lacking dungeon design, I think a seven sounds about right. It may be a fun multiplayer experience if you have friends to play with, but if you don't know people to play with or simply plan on going it alone, you should pass on the title.

Either way I don't expect the game to sell all that well. It will still be passable, I'm sure, but that's about it.

I understand what you are saying, and I completely agree with you. However, you need to also consider that games like Call of Duty are typically reviewed based on their multiplayer aspects, so if anything, it makes the reviews fair.

They are really backing the Zelda franchise lately. 3 games this year, 4 if the WiiU on wasn't delayed.

Lawlight said:
They are really backing the Zelda franchise lately. 3 games this year, 4 if the WiiU on wasn't delayed.

Is there a third game that I am not aware of? I count two: Majora's Mask 3D & Triforce Heroes.

Not surprised, the game looks empty and too simple. But it's a good filler for the 3DS line up.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Toxy said:
Lawlight said:

Is there a third game that I am not aware of? I count two: Majora's Mask 3D & Triforce Heroes.

Hyrule Warriors.

Lawlight said:
Toxy said:

Hyrule Warriors.

Hyrule Warriors was released in 2014, and the 3DS version is being released in 2016.

Toxy said:
Lawlight said:

Hyrule Warriors.

Hyrule Warriors was released in 2014, and the 3DS version is being released in 2016.

Gotcha. Didn't realise it's been a year already.

Lawlight said:
Toxy said:

Gotcha. Didn't realise it's been a year already.

That's understandable. It does still seem like it only came out a few months ago. Especially considering the last of the DLC (as of now) came out this year. The 3DS version being announced this year has also kept the theme of Hyrule Warriors feeling like such a recent thing.

Pavolink said:
Mati_Intrieri said:
Is this game considered part of the main series or a spinoff?

Depends on the argument you are trying to do. For example:

- This game is a big flop from critics!

Answer: doesn't matter because it's a spin-off

- Aonuma must have developed a real sequel or a real mainline game

Answer: It's a mainline game. It has "The Legend of Zelda" in the title

Actually I don't see how anyone can argue that the game is a mainline game.  Link and Zelda are both absent from the game, and the plot is so out there, no reasonable person would consider it part of the main canon story.  It is, through and through, a spinoff title.