By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

Metacritic: 75

XGN: The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes takes an original concept and takes it everywhere you want it to go. There is plenty of fun for three players, but the experiences takes a hit when you go at it alone. Recommended for all 3DS owners. 87/100

IGN Spain: The costumes are an evolution of the masks of Majora's and provide new features for the traditional Zelda puzzles. It's fun to play, but things like the unbalanced single player and the deficient communication between players keep it from being outstanding. 80/100

Hobby Consolas
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes is a good game, has a sensational soundtrack, great puzzles, entertaining combat and cooperative gameplay that hooks everybody. However, it's also too simple, the difficulty is not well adjusted and it's far from being innovative.  87/100

Gamespot: There are hints of a great game here, and when three players are cooperating in frantic battles, or working through dynamic puzzles, it shows.But like its story of fashion and surface appeal, there’s not much depth here, and the facade fades with time. 5/10

Metro.co.uk: Zelda does definitely work as a co-op multiplayer game, assuming you can find suitably competent allies, in this fun and charming spin-off. 8/10

Destructoid :  
I would outright suggest that you avoid Tri Force Heroes if you plan on going at it alone. The good news is that the online portion works wonderfully, and with download play, you can get a local three-person game running up in no time. 7 / 10

GamesBeat :  Tri Force Heroes is a lot of fun when you’re playing with friends, but make sure you have two buddies who can dedicate some time. The experience just isn’t as engaging when you’re alone, and you lose a lot of the social elements when you play with strangers over the Internet.75 / 100

GamesRadar : A playfull co op experience that shine with mates but it is not as precise or polihed as a mainline Zelda 3.5 / 5

Nintendo Life : Tri Force Heroes isn't a bad game, but it's not on the same level as its illustrious predecessors. 6 / 10

Pocket Gamer:  7 / 10

Videogamer : 
Triforce Heroes is more of a Four Swords than it is A Link Between Worlds, and that's fine. Get some people on board to play with you, and it's a nice stopgap while we wait for whatever Nintendo is planning next.  –  7 / 10

IGN:  Is more than just a fun co-op diversion from the large-scale solo adventures this series is known for. The challenging, intricate puzzles are great chaotic fun in local multiplayer or for a one-time run through in single-player. Limited communication tools make it difficult to play with adventurers online, but everywhere else it’s a success. 85/100

EGMTri Force Heroes is a Zelda game in name only. When you dig just past the surface, poor gameplay mechanics and key missing elements for a Zelda title tarnish what is otherwise a serviceable adventure game. 
 60/100

God is a Geek: Even with the focus on multiplayer, this is an adventure that is just as enjoyable for lone heroes, especially for those who fancy a challenge. 90/100

Game Revolution: It looks fantastic, it plays exactly how it should, and there’s plenty of both material and challenges to keep playing for a long time. The Colosseum might be underwhelming, and the picture-taking stuff is basic, but the rest is damn fun. 90/100

3DJuegos: Tri Force Heroes combines the best of the Zelda series (well-designed dungeons, interesting puzzles, challenging boss fights…) in a multiplayer and strong cooperative game. It lacks interest on storytelling and we miss more activities to do, but it's still a very recommended and enjoyable entry in the franchise. 85/100

JeuxActu: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force is quite a good game even if some puzzles seem well-known for veteran players. A very nice game indeed. 8/10

Around the Network

In the interest of fairness.

Destructoid – 7 / 10
Game Informer – 7.25 / 10
GamesBeat – 75 / 100
GamesRadar – 3.5 / 5
Nintendo Life – 6 / 10
Pocket Gamer – 7 / 10
Videogamer – 7 / 10

spemanig said:
In the interest of fairness.

Destructoid – 7 / 10
Game Informer – 7.25 / 10
GamesBeat – 75 / 100
GamesRadar – 3.5 / 5
Nintendo Life – 6 / 10
Pocket Gamer – 7 / 10
Videogamer – 7 / 10

Thanks, I will post them too.

I'm getting interested in buying this. If I can play with some Ninten peeps, that would be pretty cool x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

GR: 73 so far. Pretty decent.

Around the Network

I think this would be neat as a multiplayer mode for ALBW. Probably can't stand very well as its own product.

Gamespot's review is...weird. One minute it's complaining that the game is too simple, the next it's praising how the package works great with multiplayer, only to slam the deficient single player. I'm not saying it's wrong, but the writing at least is schizophrenic at best.

But the single player does sound very bad.

Gamespot: There are hints of a great game here, and when three players are cooperating in frantic battles, or working through dynamic puzzles, it shows.But like its story of fashion and surface appeal, there’s not much depth here, and the facade fades with time. 5/10

Uh, oh. Worse than I thought, but what can we expect from this... Another proof of how much we asked for this game...

Current Metascore: 74
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-triforce-heroes

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-triforce-heroes/critic-reviews

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Damn dudes, without purple Link, the last 25% is missing! Never leave out purple Link again Nintendo!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Looks like is going to be around the same score than Hyrule Warriors.