By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the removal of lingerie outfits from Fatal Frame in the West annoy you at all?

SpokenTruth said:
MotherBound said:
It annoys me alot in fact, and don't go saying that, "It's a cultural thing!". Like hell it is, there are tons of American movies with sexual content way worse than what's in this game . As long as the game/movie is rated M/R, it is completely fine.

With sexually suggestive 13 year olds?

I'm fine with age changes, as long as content isn't be removed like it is in this

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Around the Network

Like damn, no horror game is good if I can't see the girls booty.

make the monsters look terrible, have terrible plot, acting, and detail, but just DON'T, AND I REPEAT, DON'T REMOVE THE LINGERIE COSTUMES!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Jumpin said:
StarOcean said:
This sort of shit is why I'm really glad Nintendo isn't leading the industry. People are gonna go, "oh but it wasn't important get over it,etc" -but no. It takes away part of the value of the game. Wouldn't be a problem if you could just IMPORT the game, but Nintendo also had the brilliant idea to region lock their systems as well If you're gonna censor it, have a reason to censor it. Is it to lower the rating to T? No? It's still M? Then why the hell is it out? This sort of behavior among others that Nintendo exhibits are why I'd rather have Microsoft/Sony in charge. I really hope Nintendo can fix their act, especially Nintendo of America, before the arrival of the NX

How can you say that removing something tacky from the game takes away part of the value? That's clearly not true.

I see because the issue is not important TO YOU then there is no reason for the isue to exist?   Wow did you come up with such a brilliant concept/line of thought on your own?   The mark of a true schollar

Nah, what annoyed me more was them turning that girl in X into a fucking midget.

Mystro-Sama said:
Nah, what annoyed me more was them turning that girl in X into a fucking midget.

The picture actually had bias. The altered clothes girl was shown in an awkward angle, giving her the midget look.

She actually didn't change height,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
Mystro-Sama said:

The picture actually had bias. The altered clothes girl was shown in an awkward angle, giving her the midget look.

Oh thank god! That would have irritated me the entire time.

Mystro-Sama said:
hershel_layton said:

Oh thank god! That would have irritated me the entire time.

Mhm.

Also, let's be real. Can you take a girl seriously if she's running around in a lingerie? 

For real. I don't know any reasonable person who would go around saving the human race & crap by running around in a lingerie.

hershel_layton said:
Like damn, no horror game is good if I can't see the girls booty.

make the monsters look terrible, have terrible plot, acting, and detail, but just DON'T, AND I REPEAT, DON'T REMOVE THE LINGERIE COSTUMES!

I bought Onechanbara Z on day one. The collector's edition. Your point is invalid to me.

LivingMetal said:
HBninjaX said:
LivingMetal said:

Are you saying loyal fans of NoA think like 13 year old boys?  There's YouTube for that.

I have no idea what that means, but I say give me the game as-is, but in English.   I'm a grown man who happens to enjoy Nintendo products and I don't need to be sheltered or protected.  

Most kids aren't interested in Nintendo anymore anyway, they want tablet games, minecraft, my 11 yo nephew thinks HALO is the coolest game ever.  It seems to me at this point Nintendo doesn't even know their audience any more.  They're essentially trying to cater to a market that isn't there and dumping on the people that have been with them since the NES or heck even the game and watch days.

I don't think it's an issue of being sheltered or protected, but more so appeasing the norms of the culture of a specific populace.  So you're a grown man so act like it.  The removal of lingerie is trivial at best.  Samus and Zelda are more Nintendo than lingerie is.  Obviously, you aren't enjoying Nintendo products enough.

I'm not the one tossing out petty insults.  

When Bayonetta 2 came out was NoA trying to censor that to appease the norms of a culture of a specific populace?  Were you chiding people as immature 13 yo. for enjoying that game?  

I agree with you that the lingerie is a triviality, so why bother removing it in the first place?  

Anyway, it boils down to me being sick and tired of NoA and their business decisions and as I said in another post I vote with my dollars.  That goes for both Fatal Frame and Xenoblade.  NoA is free to do what they want and I am free to not buy and air my opinions on message boards.  You are free to buy censored games.

Not really,

The last thing I think of when I play horror games is sexy clothing for the characters, plus aren't the characters in FF:MoBW around 15 years old?

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf