By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates and software numbers up!

poklane said:

I just find it strange that Microsoft doesn't mention the exact increase in % like they did in previous months. Guess we'll have to wait for Venturebeat.

Nothing strange about it. It must of been a small YOY increase. Most likely less than 10%.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
I didn't even think about that when I read the text but going back, yeah, that does not tell us it's up over September last year, it could simply be that it remains up this year in YTD numbers compared to 2014. Leaks should clarify

^  this! 

NPD on a monday? When did that happen?

forest-spirit said:
NPD on a monday? When did that happen?

Got delayed for a few days for some reason

PS4 at #1? Well nobody thought something else. This month PS4 got Destiny and Metal Gear Solid V bundles. Next month will be interesting!

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

PS4 at #1? Well nobody thought something else. This month PS4 got Destiny and Metal Gear Solid V bundles. Next month will be interesting!

Wasn't released in the US as far as I'm aware, at least not officially.

poklane said:
ReactiveLeek44 said:
poklane said:

-picture-

Source: https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb

Microsoft doesn't even give a % increase compared to September 2014 like they usually do, so maybe XB1 is down compared to September 2014 but up when you compare the first 9 months of 2014 to the firts 9 months of 2015?

YoY growth means that this September was better than September 2014.  You're talking about quarterly growth.

I just find it strange that Microsoft doesn't mention the exact increase in % like they did in previous months. Guess we'll have to wait for Venturebeat.

Just means it was barely over last year's, so not worth mentioning a number.  I'm guessing ~290K.

Perhaps NPD has asked the companies not to mention percentages because it makes it too easy to work out a fairly accurate actual sales number, and NPD is all about protecting its data. If we can't work out xb one sales from the YoY % then the creamsugar pie chart won't be of any value. I guess we'll see if that theory holds true once some independent reports come out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

keep comingo love

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It's not fun unless i can compare to Vgchartz data : /

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros