By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates and software numbers up!

Teeqoz said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Reading this NPD is great news for WiiU and up 110% from August, heading into the holidays, here we go. maybe we can see a price drop and watch them have a great momentum for Zelda and Star Fox. WiiU isn't going anywhere and might pull a PS3. THANKS SPLATOON AND SUPER MARIO MAKER

It's still down YoY though...

EDIT: Meaning last september was higher than this years september. Not sure how it holds up in terms of YTD.

another negative thanks

Around the Network

Teeqoz said:

Not sure how it holds up in terms of YTD.

679k VS 572k

DolPhanTendo said:
Teeqoz said:

It's still down YoY though...

EDIT: Meaning last september was higher than this years september. Not sure how it holds up in terms of YTD.

another negative thanks

Not my fault that the reality is that the Wii U's situation is negative lol xD

Teeqoz said:
DolPhanTendo said:

another negative thanks

not my fault you think every day of every week of every month of every year has to be perfect

DolPhanTendo said:
Teeqoz said:

not my fault you think every day of every week of every month of every year has to be perfect

Uhm... okay?

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
Teeqoz said:

Not to be funny but what does this comment even mean or how is it relevant to what Teeqoz siad? I know I wasn't in the conversation but this comment just caught my eye.

OT

Nice to have the numbers in!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

DolPhanTendo said:

Reading this NPD is great news for WiiU and up 110% from August, heading into the holidays, here we go. maybe we can see a price drop and watch them have a great momentum for Zelda and Star Fox. WiiU isn't going anywhere and might pull a PS3. THANKS SPLATOON AND SUPER MARIO MAKER

Good luck with your expectations.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DolPhanTendo said:
Teeqoz said:

It doesn't matter which day, week, month or year you look at; the numbers are still low. Flat in the US yoy for one month is decent enough but overall it'll probably be down yoy globally despite some growth in Japan.

And what do you mean by "pulling a PS3" anyway? The PS3 sold almost 8 million in its first full CY, with a staggered launch from Japan and was never anywhere near this low in the first years, it also grew consistently every year for 5-6 years and peaked at around 14 million in its best year. And it has had a 9 year lifespan now. Which of those do you believe the Wii U will be capable of?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just wondering whether there are still actual, real human beings who believe in some divine comeback at this point. All signs point to less than 20 million lifetime right now, there is literally zero indication of anything else and lots of indications that even Nintendo themselves are preparing to move on and try again with new products.
The problem here isn't that others are being negative, it's rather that you are being way too optimistic with no basis in actual numbers and the reality of the market unfolding before us.

Great numbers all around.

If only this site get their shit together. =/

Mummelmann said:
DolPhanTendo said:

It doesn't matter which day, week, month or year you look at; the numbers are still low. Flat in the US yoy for one month is decent enough but overall it'll probably be down yoy globally despite some growth in Japan.

And what do you mean by "pulling a PS3" anyway? The PS3 sold almost 8 million in its first full CY, with a staggered launch from Japan and was never anywhere near this low in the first years, it also grew consistently every year for 5-6 years and peaked at around 14 million in its best year. And it has had a 9 year lifespan now. Which of those do you believe the Wii U will be capable of?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just wondering whether there are still actual, real human beings who believe in some divine comeback at this point. All signs point to less than 20 million lifetime right now, there is literally zero indication of anything else and lots of indications that even Nintendo themselves are preparing to move on and try again with new products.
The problem here isn't that others are being negative, it's rather that you are being way too optimistic with no basis in actual numbers and the reality of the market unfolding before us.

Sorry for looking at stuff in realistic/postive view on things instead dwelling in the past and being so negative. Reason why i stay away now from all these forums and dont post anymore  on vg. Can't say something positive without a post with some kind of backhanded comment or bitchy ass comment. Then i defend myself then i get banned. I come on here now just to see numbers.

If you think it's just me. I understand why IOI has lagged on the numbers all people do here is complain when the numbers come in how overtracked or undertracked he is. Common sense tells anyone getting exact numbers is always going to be hard and people should appiciate what he does and stop bitching that he isnt exact.

I came hear on this thread to expect lower numbers and saw a positive boost sorry i got happy about Mario Maker doing well a jumping sales. Could not even go one reply without someone pissing on my grave.