By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates and software numbers up!

Mr.Playstation said:
Hiku said:
Ali_16x said:

Metal Gear Solid 5
PS4 - 69%
XBO - 23%
Total < 800k

69% on PS4 is a lot more than I expected.
Does that mean PS3 + 360 only got 8%? (C.a. 4% each.) That doesn't sound right.

Well in the U.K PS3+Xbox 360 only got 3% so honestly if anything that 8% figure is too high.

OP: Anyone else surprised that Fifa only managed a measly fourth?

I am. I honestly thought Fifa had a chance at beating MGSV, but I guess MGSV showed some growth over IV due to being multiplat.

Around the Network

Without having to read all 25 pages of post, did you guys catch this:

"The ability to create, play and share your own unique Super Mario levels was a dream 30 years in the making for Mario fans." -Nintendo

"Create, play and share." Sounds awfully familiar to a certain Sony franchise don't you think...?

LivingMetal said:

"The ability to create, play and share your own unique Super Mario levels was a dream 30 years in the making for Mario fans." -Nintendo

"Create, play and share." Sounds awfully familiar to a certain Sony franchise don't you think...?

There's nothing wrong with that. It's considered a genre and when it was first announced by Phil Harrison it was know as '3.0'. He also stated at the same reveal that it wasn't something patented by Sony and he hoped other developers would embrace it.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
It seems it's likely to be:

PS4: 340k
XB1: 281k

So a 60k difference.

Better than the 25k some were celebrating.

GribbleGrunger said:
LivingMetal said:

There's nothing wrong with that. It's considered a genre and when it was first announced by Phil Harrison it was know as '3.0'. He also stated at the same reveal that it wasn't something patented by Sony and he hoped other developers would embrace it.

Never said it was.  In fact as a platformer fan, it's great to see Mario going the same route in regards to level building.  I guess it's hard the avoid the sort of "create, play and share" phrase.  Maybe it should be called "PCS" (for the original 'Play, Create, Share' in LBP) as a genre from here on out such as "RPG."

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

Never said it was.  In fact as a platformer fan, it's great to see Mario going the same route in regards to level building.  I guess it's hard the avoid the sort of "create, play and share" phrase.  Maybe it should be called "PCS" (for the original 'Play, Create, Share' in LBP) as a genre from here on out such as "RPG."

The problem with it is that whilst it's a genre, what it involves could be anything from a FPS to a platformer. I suppose we could say 'This Platformer is a PCS game'?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
LivingMetal said:

The problem with it is that whilst it's a genre, what it involves could be anything from a FPS to a platformer. I suppose we could say 'This Platformer is a PCS game'?

Point taken.  Very short sighted of me.  Level editors have been around forever. I remember wanting to create an FPS level based off of DOOM II tools that replicated the office cubicles of my work place.  Don't judge.

LivingMetal said:

Point taken.  Very short sighted of me.  Level editors have been around forever. I remember wanting to create an FPS level based off of DOOM II tools that replicated the office cubicles of my work place.  Don't judge.

It's not short sighted of you.

The PS5 Exists. 

Angelv577 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
It seems it's likely to be:

PS4: 340k
XB1: 281k

So a 60k difference.

Better than the 25k some were celebrating.

2nd biggest French site (gamekult) say Xone sales are ~250k. I guess everyone is wrong until we have a real leak.

LivingMetal said: