By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying Wii U now, or wait for NX?

Tagged games:

What Should I do

Buy Wii U now 203 42.65%

Wait for NX 125 26.26%

Buy Wii U at bargain price 86 18.07%

Buy Hooker 62 13.03%

Total:476

Do you guys really think the NX is gonna use the gamepad? I mean obviously they won't use that as the main controller, and anything remotely that big isn't gonna be cheap and cause the same problems. I mean if you have to get a gamepad anyway to play the Wii U BC then you aren't gonna save much money.
I get that it's supposed to be fusion but how is the handheld version gonna be anything like the gamepad if it is supposed to be portable? Any Wii U BC seems like it would either require you to buy the gamepad or use a much smaller screen.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

In your opinion, that is.

And it's blatantly wrong by the way.

Obviously it's in my opinion. It's also "in my opinion" that the delay isn't going to make it any less crap, because many of the things that make it crap are the foundation from which the game has built on.

Like rebooting the antiquated formula built by Star Fox SNES again instead of evolving like every other major Nintendo franchise has. In my, "blatantly wrong by the way," opinion.

Emily Rogers has already mirrored my sentiments exactly in this blog post, however.

http://emilyrogersblog.tumblr.com/post/121823403415/what-i-want-from-star-fox-on-nx?is_related_post=1

Fingers crossed Miyamoto won't have anything to do with Star Fox NX so this can happen, and Star Fox actually has a shot at being good. Then they can sell Star Fox Arcade on the side for $20 for those who still want a 1990s 2 hour rail shooter in HD.

NX won't have BC at its launch in 2017. Deal with it guys.

Oh stop speculating ..jeez. what does it matter. If u really wanna play the best games around tgen buy the wii u. Why hold out? The purpose of playing games is for enjoyment. Deny yourself a console just because there's a newer one 2 years away defies all logic.

HollyGamer said:

So i have a plan this early years,  to buy Wii U with Xenoblade Cross Chronicles on December,  actually i am interested with a lot of titles like Fatal Frame, Super Mario3D, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Zelda U (coming). But NX is close to announce and Nintendo always have backward compatibility with their consoles. Should i just cancel buying Wii U and wait for NX and buy Wii U but Wait for  price drop at bargain price, Or I buy Wii U now?

It depends if you have money to buy a WiiU now and also the Next Nintendo later. If you have money to buy only one console, well, considering that you didn't buy a WiiU yet, I would wait for the new Hardware. Just a thought.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Just wait for the NX, like i'm doing.

spemanig said:
mZuzek said:

In your opinion, that is.

And it's blatantly wrong by the way.

Obviously it's in my opinion. It's also "in my opinion" that the delay isn't going to make it any less crap, because many of the things that make it crap are the foundation from which the game has built on.

Like rebooting the antiquated formula built by Star Fox SNES again instead of evolving like every other major Nintendo franchise has. In my, "blatantly wrong by the way," opinion.

Emily Rogers has already mirrored my sentiments exactly in this blog post, however.

http://emilyrogersblog.tumblr.com/post/121823403415/what-i-want-from-star-fox-on-nx?is_related_post=1

Fingers crossed Miyamoto won't have anything to do with Star Fox NX so this can happen, and Star Fox actually has a shot at being good. Then they can sell Star Fox Arcade on the side for $20 for those who still want a 1990s 2 hour rail shooter in HD.

It's still going to be a solid title for the Wii U, that in my opinion looks like it'll be fun. I'm excited for it, granted not even as much as I am for Project Zero V (which was also not mentioned).

Could be a lot worse, they could do what a lot of other developers do and purposely put together footage to sell a game on hype and market it like it's an open space adventure.

Goodnightmoon said:

There is enough good games to justify the purchase:

- DK Tropical Freeze is the best 2D platformer this gen and the best Donkey Kong ever made.

- Bayonetta 2 is one of the best (if not the best) Hack and Slash games ever made

- Super Mario 3D World is the best platformer of the generation. Period.

- Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart ever done.

- Smash Bros 4 is the most complete Smash Bros until date.

- Splatoon is the most fresh and fun online shooter in a decade.

- Super Mario Maker is a maker game in wich the process creation is amazingly fun, something almost unheard of on maker games.

- Xenoblade Chronicles X is the most ambitious rpg in a Nintendo console since the SNES.

- Wind Waker HD is a gorgeous remake of one of the best Zelda ever, it feels like it was made yesterday.

- Hyrule Warriors is a dream come true for any fan of Dynasty Warriors and Zelda.

- Yoshi´s Woolly World is the best Yoshi game since the SNES.

- Captain Toad may be very unambitious and kind of short but is a masterclass of level design, remarkable even for Nintendo standars.

- Zelda u is gonna be the most ambitious Zelda ever done, by far.

Add to that games like Wonderfull 101, and the upcoming Fast Racing Neo, Pokken, Star Fox Zero, #FE and maybe Twilight Princess HD and Pikmin 4, and that´s already a big bunch of games that make the purchase worth.

You can also wait, but it depends in how much you value your time, having to wait at least one year for playing the games you want to play right now is kind of a torture, and if NX is not BC then you're screwed.

You forgot Fatal Frame V which is pretty much the last great hope for a truly amazing actual survival horror game.

I think you should buy a WiiU because the NX most likely won't have a really great lineup until 2018 or so ( if it launches next year of course).

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Buy a WiiU, very strong library, best games and low price. Grab one for Xmas!