By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying Wii U now, or wait for NX?

Tagged games:

What Should I do

Buy Wii U now 203 42.65%

Wait for NX 125 26.26%

Buy Wii U at bargain price 86 18.07%

Buy Hooker 62 13.03%

Total:476
AlfredoTurkey said:

Considering like, 80% of us all bought our games on disc, that's going to be a total kick in the nuts. Not really what I call BC. More like "limited BC".

Okay, then I'll change what I said. The NX will have limited BC.

Much better.

Around the Network

Don't buy any.

StarOcean said:
Unless you REALLY want the games now and feel like what is being offered in the future interests you, get it. If you can wait, just wait. I wouldn't have gotten a Wii U at all if my gf didn't make me XD most of the games I want on it are /were delayed. The games out now besides SMM and SM3DW can barely hold my attention. I'm hoping Nintendo will learn to make games in a more timely manner next attempt

Was going to say this. I didn't get a Wii U because I saw the pre-launch warning signs that the WIi U was going to be an ill-conceived, ill-managed train wreck, but only because I was in the right place at the right time. Nintendo doesn't just need to learn to make games faster, they also need to change their philosophy on third party support. Just Nintendo content isn't  What they're doing just doesn't work anymore. I have hope for Nintendo's new president, but they're on thin ice as far as I'm concerned.

OP, I voted for the 'bargain bin' option, but don't expect it to hit that price for a while, if ever (at least new. Ninty may have refurbished units for $200 on their site). All signs point to Nintendo waiting this one out instead of trying to save it. If you want to hedge your bets, buy the games that you expect to be on limited production runs, and *then* buy the console when it's at the right price for you. If it works out, you're golden, if it doesn't work out, you can always flip the games for a profit.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Wait for NX. Since Wii U sold so few consoles, they'll be re-releasing everything on NX for people who missed out.

Is $300 for Wii U such a lot of money that you would want to wait a year or more to play the games?

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

There is enough good games to justify the purchase:

- DK Tropical Freeze is the best 2D platformer this gen and the best Donkey Kong ever made.

- Bayonetta 2 is one of the best (if not the best) Hack and Slash games ever made

- Super Mario 3D World is the best platformer of the generation. Period.

- Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart ever done.

- Smash Bros 4 is the most complete Smash Bros until date.

- Splatoon is the most fresh and fun online shooter in a decade.

- Super Mario Maker is a maker game in wich the process creation is amazingly fun, something almost unheard of on maker games.

- Xenoblade Chronicles X is the most ambitious rpg in a Nintendo console since the SNES.

- Wind Waker HD is a gorgeous remake of one of the best Zelda ever, it feels like it was made yesterday.

- Hyrule Warriors is a dream come true for any fan of Dynasty Warriors and Zelda.

- Yoshi´s Woolly World is the best Yoshi game since the SNES.

- Captain Toad may be very unambitious and kind of short but is a masterclass of level design, remarkable even for Nintendo standars.

- Zelda u is gonna be the most ambitious Zelda ever done, by far.

Add to that games like Wonderfull 101, and the upcoming Fast Racing Neo, Pokken, Star Fox Zero, #FE and maybe Twilight Princess HD and Pikmin 4, and that´s already a big bunch of games that make the purchase worth.

You can also wait, but it depends in how much you value your time, having to wait at least one year for playing the games you want to play right now is kind of a torture, and if NX is not BC then you're screwed.

If you're interested in the current line-up, I'd say go for it. If you're mostly interested in unreleased but announced content, then it's probably best to wait for the next console cycle.

I jumped in a few months after launch, and saved quite a bit when eBay resellers were forced to slash prices after the sales started to plummet. Still, even at full price, I'm sure I would be satisfied. I'm not generally not a big fan of the Mario IP (don't hate it...just have no interest), and I've still found plenty of fun new games to play on the system. Just depends on your preference.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Wait for nx if its bc then win win

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

mZuzek said:

Your post was decent until it didn't mention Star Fox Zero.

That's likely because Star Fox Zero, since its reveal, has looked like crap.

mZuzek said:

Your post was decent until it didn't mention Star Fox Zero.

You are right, edited.