By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unverified dev guesses: NX might more powerful than PS4/XBONE, based on a PC demo...

A skylake i7?

Around the Network

How expensive is this thing going to be?

I'm calling BS based on price.

I'm not going to assume that any of this is legit, but the Wall Street Journal also reported that devs are whispering "industry-leading chips". Nintendo WAS emphatic that they wanted to release the console in short order, after revealing the specs. Iwata himself said that they didn't want to give Sony and Microsoft time to react to their new hardware...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

About damn time - but I would have a hard time believing it if it is a hybrid console.

P.S. "Stronger than PS4 AND X1".... LOL just say PS4....

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

jlmurph2 said:
It would be pretty embarrassing if it wasn't.

Not for nintendo it wouldn't. They always state that innovation (no matter how unwanted it is) is more important than raw specs. Having a weak console is something nintendo pride themselves on  and they wear it like a badge honour. They're like "look at me i'm different" even when being different alienates alot of their fans and almost all 3rd party developers.

Around the Network

It may very well be more powerful than the PS4 (one would hope so...), but yaaah, no way the NX has a i7 Skylake CPU and top of the line GPU.... It would lead to PS3 like losses for Nintendo, if they intended to sell that for anything less than a grand... So yeah, not happening.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what I read it seems like it is a software devkit that developers use on their own hardware?

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but ps4 hardware is not really a milestone given that the ps4 would have released 3 years ago by 2016. It does leave for some capable games to be run on the NX which is great, but it's nothing to really brag about.

Don't forget WiiU supposedly had some power than someone decided to cut back on it.

The only saving grace we have is the new president who MAY be more inclined to go all out with power being he has lived in the west.

StuOhQ said:
I'm not going to assume that any of this is legit, but the Wall Street Journal also reported that devs are whispering "industry-leading chips". Nintendo WAS emphatic that they wanted to release the console in short order, after revealing the specs. Iwata himself said that they didn't want to give Sony and Microsoft time to react to their new hardware...

After the NX comes out they will both have at least 2 full years to plan their next hardware...Seems like plenty of  time to react.