By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unverified dev guesses: NX might more powerful than PS4/XBONE, based on a PC demo...

fatslob-:O said:

A 6th gen core i7 ?

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on that ...

Edit: They said "near top-of-the-line graphics card" ? So are we getting a GTX 980 or an R9 390X ? 

Anyways if none of those things happen someone remind to bump this thread in a year or so ...

Yea, it is BS.  Like Sound wave also pointed out, it's probably a small site trying to get more traffic.  We already had a Gaf insider say that it was going to not even going to be on par with the PS4.  Not sure how accurate he will be.  We also had Nintendo say they weren't aiming for powerful/expensive HW. 

Realistically, I'm expecting a console on par or slightly more powerful than the PS4.  Of course, I don't see that doing much against a $199-$249 PS4.  Not with a PS5, that will probably be 4x-5x more powerful than the PS4, coming out a year or so after the NX.

Around the Network

"O]ne software demo included with the kit crunches so many polygons that it’s currently impossible to run at 60fps using a current-generation Intel (we’re assuming a Core i7 Skylake) CPU and a nearly top-of-the-line graphics card…"

Been waiting for a reason to use this

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

thismeintiel said:

A 6th gen core i7 ?

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on that ...

Edit: They said "near top-of-the-line graphics card" ? So are we getting a GTX 980 or an R9 390X ? 

Anyways if none of those things happen someone remind to bump this thread in a year or so ...

Yea, it is BS.  Like Sound wave also pointed out, it's probably a small site trying to get more traffic.  We already had a Gaf insider say that it was going to not even going to be on par with the PS4.  Not sure how accurate he will be.  We also had Nintendo say they weren't aiming for powerful/expensive HW. 

Realistically, I'm expecting a console on par or slightly more powerful than the PS4.  Of course, I don't see that doing much against a $199-$249 PS4Not with a PS5, that will probably be 4x-5x more powerful than the PS4, coming out a year or so after the NX.

NX is very likely coming next year, so in best case PS4 will have $300 price point than, and certainly PS5 will not come in 2017, more likely 2019-2020.

I should hope so it's coming out years afterwards

I am Iron Man

thismeintiel said:

Realistically, I'm expecting a console on par or slightly more powerful than the PS4.  Of course, I don't see that doing much against a $199-$249 PS4.  Not with a PS5, that will probably be 4x-5x more powerful than the PS4, coming out a year or so after the NX.

I highly doubt the PS5 will be out before 2020 ...

Around the Network

No point is hurrying out the PS4 with such a giant marketshare.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Even ignoring the source... what's the big deal? it will come out more than 3 years after. If it wasn't more powerful that would be terrible, though I'm expecting that to happen anyways since I don't see Nintendo taking the risk of releasing an expensive console ever again

hopefully nintendo will destroy sony, ms and naysayers

- User was moderated for this post - Tachikoma

Chazore said:
The moment I saw Skylake i7 I knew it was total BS, no way in hell is Nintendo going to splash on brand spanking new hardware let alone an i7 that they most likely wouldn't make use of hyperthreading of the i7's, Nintendo just doesn't wake up one morning and decide it knows how to utilize a CPU to the absolute max.

Ok, I think it's safe to say, there's no way in hell that nintendo is going to use an Intel cpu, but as far as the hyperthreading, and not knowing how to use it? Come on man. Sony created the chip in the ps3, and had no fucking clue how to use it. That argument is null and void.

thismeintiel said:

I highly doubt the PS5 will be out before 2020 ...

Well, I'm expecting the NX in 2017.  Nintendo isn't going to be putting out the system next year if they are only just putting out SW-based dev kits.  That shows they haven't even settled on the HW specs.  Most likely they'll be experimenting with specs/price and finalizing that all by mid-late 2016.  Then devs need time to get a handle on the specs and create games for launch.  Nintendo said they are still releasing Zelda on Wii U, so I doubt they want a new system to potentially kill the sales of one of their larger games.

As for the PS5, I expect that in 2019, to coincide with the PS brand's 25th anniversary.  So, I guess I should have said 2 years later.  Still, it won't be too much longer after the NX launches that we will be hearing rumbles about the PS5 from insiders.  I just don't think a NX with PS4-like graphics is going to do much.