By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tantalus Port = Could it be Twilight Princess HD?

Do you think its real?

Yes, TP HD is in development by Tantalus 36 46.15%

No, Tantalus is working on another wii u game 42 53.85%

Total:78

I have doubts Nintendo would hand over Twilight Princess to a Western developer but you never know.

Around the Network

I thought that the Tantalus port was basically dead, but it could be..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

You make sense so yes it could

It makes sense, but since we're talking about Nintendo I'm gona say No...

midrange said:
Probably not.

There are alre already so many zelda remakes this gen, I doubt tantulus/nintendo decided to port another zelda game when they made the decision 2 years ago.

Here are the outcomes I see.

a) it destiny, this was a huge rated T game that would make sense porting to the wii u. Even if it wouldn't sell well, at least the wii u would have a huge third party title.

b) it's portal 2. Game that makes sense looking at the user base.

c) it's cancelled. This would make the most sense for destiny seeing as they thought the taken king and the install base wasn't enough to justify completion of the game.

even if the game is not destiny, we haven't even heard a name for this title even though they worked on it for 2 years! That leaves me to believe it's cancelled/heavily delayed

-"It’s not an MA / 18 or ‘hard core’ game which ME-3 and DX:HR are". - Destiny is hardcore shooter game.

-"It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. Bigger than ME-3 and DX:HR". - Portal 2 isn't bigger than those two games.

-This game is more than 2 years in development, biggest Tantalus project ever, so I dont think that game would be cancelled after so much work and resources spent.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
With that length of development I guess this a flagship re-relaese and not just a $30 HD remaster. My only confusion is when is this releasing? A surprise Holiday Title or a spring 2016? This year seems unlikely and Nintendo wouldn't release a full fledged remaster/remake the same year as brand new Zelda.

Potentially Zelda U is a 2017 title, mayb NX is not arriving next year...

If this TP HD rumor is true, then relase date is this year or 1st half or 2016, Zelda U is November game of 2016.

Zelda U will certainly not be delayed for another year.

Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Probably not.

There are alre already so many zelda remakes this gen, I doubt tantulus/nintendo decided to port another zelda game when they made the decision 2 years ago.

a) it destiny, this was a huge rated T game that would make sense porting to the wii u. Even if it wouldn't sell well, at least the wii u would have a huge third party title.

c) it's cancelled. This would make the most sense for destiny seeing as they thought the taken king and the install base wasn't enough to justify completion of the game.

even if the game is not destiny, we haven't even heard a name for this title even though they worked on it for 2 years! That leaves me to believe it's cancelled/heavily delayed

-"It’s not an MA / 18 or ‘hard core’ game which ME-3 and DX:HR are". - Destiny is hardcore shooter game.

-"It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. Bigger than ME-3 and DX:HR". - Portal 2 isn't bigger than those two games.

-This game is more than 2 years in development, biggest Tantalus project ever, so I dont think that game would be cancelled after so much work and resources spent.

-Destiny is not hardcore, and it's rated T, so I don't see the problem. FPS does not equal hardcore.

-Portal 2 was fairly big since launch. Likewise, the could go for a remaster, not just a stright port, that in itself would let the claim it is still their biggest project

-Games get cancelled all the time despite substantial work being put into something. Crysis 3 was near completed for the wii u but was not released for reasons. Ubisoft had a completed wii u game that did not release for certain reasons. There is nothing that prohibits tantulus from cancelling a game despite work being put into it. Likewise, there is nothing that indicates that they haven't cancelled the game. We haven't seen a trailer, we haven't seen gameplay, and we haven't even been given a name. This happened with project cars, where we had little to no info about the wii u version, and despite some wishful thinking, the game got cancelled

Soundwave said:
I have doubts Nintendo would hand over Twilight Princess to a Western developer but you never know.

An Australian developer. They're basically in the same time zone as Japan - so they could easily get direct support and collaboration from Nintendo in Japan. NOA could work with Tantalus just as easily as they might with NOJ, perhaps even easier due the common language.

Tantalus normally has paid the bills through the years with licensed games, but recently they made a pretty hard angle towards triple-AAA titles on Nintendo home console - regardless of the headwinds faced. Given that 3rd parties have left, naturally Tantalus would make a bid to become more of an internal studio to Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors is proof that really any developer could take on the Zelda license if they have at least a half-good concept and can take Nintendo execs out for a night of drinking.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Probably not.

-Destiny is not hardcore, and it's rated T, so I don't see the problem. FPS does not equal hardcore.

-Portal 2 was fairly big since launch. Likewise, the could go for a remaster, not just a stright port, that in itself would let the claim it is still their biggest project

-Games get cancelled all the time despite substantial work being put into something. Crysis 3 was near completed for the wii u but was not released for reasons. Ubisoft had a completed wii u game that did not release for certain reasons. There is nothing that prohibits tantulus from cancelling a game despite work being put into it. Likewise, there is nothing that indicates that they haven't cancelled the game. We haven't seen a trailer, we haven't seen gameplay, and we haven't even been given a name. This happened with project cars, where we had little to no info about the wii u version, and despite some wishful thinking, the game got cancelled

-Destiny is hardcore FPS.

-Portal 2 is smaller game than Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex.

-Yes, but Crysis 3 was simple Wii U port, this title is a complete rework of the old game not just a remastered, game was in work more than 2 years in work. Maybe its moved for NX, but I don't think it completely canceled. Also, Project Cars for Wii U is very likely moved for NX like Slithly Mad Studios said.

-Saying all that, TP HD fits pretty good with infos we have about Tantalus project.

Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:

-Destiny is hardcore FPS.

-Portal 2 is smaller game than Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex.

-Yes, but Crysis 3 was simple Wii U port, this title is a complete rework of the old game not just a remastered, game was in work more than 2 years in work. Maybe its moved for NX, but I don't think it completely canceled. Also, Project Cars for Wii U is very likely moved for NX like Slithly Mad Studios said.

-Saying all that, TP HD fits pretty good with infos we have about Tantalus project.

-Destiny is rated T and not hardcore. What about it makes it hardcore? Not all shooters are hardcore...

-The game itself does not have to be huge. If they are doing a remaster of portal 2, then that can still be considered their biggest  project seeing as how it's better than a simple port (mass effect 3 and deus ex)

-Once again, there is nothing stopping the game from being canceled. This may be hard for you to hear, but it is very much a possibility given (a) wii u's install base (b) wii u's audience ( c ) internal development issues

and yes, TP is a possibility, albeit not a very strong one given that we already had a wind waker, ocarina of time, and majora's mask remake this gen.