By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tantalus Port = Could it be Twilight Princess HD?

Do you think its real?

Yes, TP HD is in development by Tantalus 36 46.15%

No, Tantalus is working on another wii u game 42 53.85%

Total:78
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

-Almost every FPS is hardcore, and Destiny is definitely mature/hardcore with all that violence.

-Maybe, but I cant see why would somone want to port Portal 2 on Wii U, I dont see at all Portal 2 is that game, much bigger chances are for Minecraft than Portal 2.

-Why would be hard for me to hear that!? I all know all that. Again, I think too many time and resources were spent on this project to completely cancel, maybe it's moved to NX (like probably Project Cars) but I don't think is completely canceled.

3DS had two Zelda remakes, Wii U one, but huge dirence is that you can already play TP Wii on Wii U. I am not sure about this TP HD thing, but with this rumors I say chances are around 50%, but TP HD does fits pretty good with infos we have about Tantalus project so it's definitely possibility.

-Not every fps is hardcore. In fact, calling destiny hardcore only reinforces the silly belief that children who play games like destiny and halo are "hardcore gamers." Destiny was rated T for a reason (to appeal to more that just the mature crowd), so it is very much a possibility given that that Tantalus only ruled out rated M games.

-Minecraft is also a huge possibility, but that doesn't deter from the fact that portal 2 is a possibility. Why would Portal 2 be a good game for the wii u? Because before splatoon, it's the only fps were the goal wasn't to kill and is very highly rated by most reviewers (still rated better than splatoon). That seems like a great fit for the wii u audience while adding another great 3rd party game.

-One thing you repeat is that too much time and resources have been spent on the game. But given what we were shown, there is no indication of progress being made on the game (nor gameplay, nor trailer, nor screenshot, nor name). Sometimes it's better to cut losses than to continue. The fact that they have said absolutely nothing about their game tells me that this thing got heavy delayed possibly cancelled. Likewise, no mention of it was made in E3. Remember, the video that was supposed to highlight upcoming 2015-2016 games. If progress was made, then they would have shown it to not make their third party presence a skylanders amiibo thing.

-finally, looking back at info they did give. They mentioned that the game was a AAA xbox/ps port, and that they other part of their work was an xbox/ps port of a wii u game. So despite the very little info they gave us, TP does not fit

"We’re doing that. It hasn’t been announced, but it will be soon. And can I just further add to the mystique and say that it’s big. It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. And it’ll come out this year, and I hope it won’t disappoint." February 27, 2015

http://nintendoeverything.com/?s=Tantalus

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
JNK said:
my thoughts:
Even if its arguable if destiny is hardcore or not, they wouldnt use the specific words "no hardcore game" for a game like destiny. The game is still a online multiplayer shooter. You also need to be 16 years + in europe to be allowed to purchase the game.

I dont know what they would need to "rework" in minecraft, so i dont think its minecraft. Also minecraft wouldnt need that long to be released.

Just so you know, the PEGI is more of an indication (mostly for parents) than a rule or a law. Legally 6 year old kid can go to a shop with 50 bucks and purchase GTA V.

Im talking about "USK" from germany

JNK said:
Vodacixi said:
JNK said:
my thoughts:
Even if its arguable if destiny is hardcore or not, they wouldnt use the specific words "no hardcore game" for a game like destiny. The game is still a online multiplayer shooter. You also need to be 16 years + in europe to be allowed to purchase the game.

I dont know what they would need to "rework" in minecraft, so i dont think its minecraft. Also minecraft wouldnt need that long to be released.

Just so you know, the PEGI is more of an indication (mostly for parents) than a rule or a law. Legally 6 year old kid can go to a shop with 50 bucks and purchase GTA V.

Im talking about "USK" from germany

You must have said that in your brain, because here you were talking about "europe" without specifying.

Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

-Almost every FPS is hardcore, and Destiny is definitely mature/hardcore with all that violence.

-Maybe, but I cant see why would somone want to port Portal 2 on Wii U, I dont see at all Portal 2 is that game, much bigger chances are for Minecraft than Portal 2.

-Why would be hard for me to hear that!? I all know all that. Again, I think too many time and resources were spent on this project to completely cancel, maybe it's moved to NX (like probably Project Cars) but I don't think is completely canceled.

3DS had two Zelda remakes, Wii U one, but huge dirence is that you can already play TP Wii on Wii U. I am not sure about this TP HD thing, but with this rumors I say chances are around 50%, but TP HD does fits pretty good with infos we have about Tantalus project so it's definitely possibility.

-Not every fps is hardcore. In fact, calling destiny hardcore only reinforces the silly belief that children who play games like destiny and halo are "hardcore gamers." Destiny was rated T for a reason (to appeal to more that just the mature crowd), so it is very much a possibility given that that Tantalus only ruled out rated M games.

-Minecraft is also a huge possibility, but that doesn't deter from the fact that portal 2 is a possibility. Why would Portal 2 be a good game for the wii u? Because before splatoon, it's the only fps were the goal wasn't to kill and is very highly rated by most reviewers (still rated better than splatoon). That seems like a great fit for the wii u audience while adding another great 3rd party game.

-One thing you repeat is that too much time and resources have been spent on the game. But given what we were shown, there is no indication of progress being made on the game (nor gameplay, nor trailer, nor screenshot, nor name). Sometimes it's better to cut losses than to continue. The fact that they have said absolutely nothing about their game tells me that this thing got heavy delayed possibly cancelled. Likewise, no mention of it was made in E3. Remember, the video that was supposed to highlight upcoming 2015-2016 games. If progress was made, then they would have shown it to not make their third party presence a skylanders amiibo thing.

-finally, looking back at info they did give. They mentioned that the game was a AAA xbox/ps port, and that they other part of their work was an xbox/ps port of a wii u game. So despite the very little info they gave us, TP does not fit

"We’re doing that. It hasn’t been announced, but it will be soon. And can I just further add to the mystique and say that it’s big. It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. And it’ll come out this year, and I hope it won’t disappoint." February 27, 2015

Aside from a couple of quotes, there has been no progress mentioned or shown. Their words mean nothing if they have nothing to show for it

midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

Aside from a couple of quotes, there has been no progress mentioned or shown. Their words mean nothing if they have nothing to show for it

At end of February they said that game will be released this year, that means that game basically was almost finished.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

At end of February they said that game will be released this year, that means that game basically was almost finished.

Once again, words mean nothing if you can't back them up. If the game was near completion as they claimed, then they would have shown something by now. Especially for e3, you know, with all the other 2015 wii u games. They didn't show anything else, nor have they given more details, meaning they either hit a bump in the road, or gave up

midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

Once again, words mean nothing if you can't back them up. If the game was near completion as they claimed, then they would have shown something by now. Especially for e3, you know, with all the other 2015 wii u games. They didn't show anything else, nor have they given more details, meaning they either hit a bump in the road, or gave up

Why would say that at all if that wasn't true!?

Game was probably near complete, but there was some change of plan, maybe its 2016. title now or maybe its NX game now.

Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

Game was probably near complete, but there was some change of plan, maybe its 2016. title now or maybe its NX game now.

"yeah guys, wii u version of project cars looks great" -slightly mad studio -> ended up cancelling project cars for wii u

"we at ea are creating a new strong relationship with Nintendo for the wii u" - ea -> ended up cancelling crysis 3 for wii u despite it being complete

There are many things that could go wrong. Just because someone says that something is near finished does not mean it is so. They could just be saying it for publicity. The only source of info for claiming their game is complete comes from themselves. That is nowhere near promising. All this could have been fixed by giving so much as a screenshot.

midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

"yeah guys, wii u version of project cars looks great" -slightly mad studio -> ended up cancelling project cars for wii u

"we at ea are creating a new strong relationship with Nintendo for the wii u" - ea -> ended up cancelling crysis 3 for wii u despite it being complete

There are many things that could go wrong. Just because someone says that something is near finished does not mean it is so. They could just be saying it for publicity. The only source of info for claiming their game is complete comes from themselves. That is nowhere near promising. All this could have been fixed by giving so much as a screenshot.

Thats not same like saying  "it’ll come out this year".

Also remember Tantalus announced ZombiU port only around 1 month before was released!?

Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

Thats not same like saying  "it’ll come out this year".

Also remember Tantalus announced ZombiU port only around 1 month before was released!?

Really, it actually seems the exact same.

Progess is said to being/have been made -> no progress was shown despite it being made/have been made -> something gets cancelled

It actually seems like a cut and paste thing.

The only outlier is when Ubisoft released the awful watch dogs port despite people thinking it would be cancelled. Although Ubisoft probably would have benefitted by cancelling the port