By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tantalus Port = Could it be Twilight Princess HD?

Do you think its real?

Yes, TP HD is in development by Tantalus 36 46.15%

No, Tantalus is working on another wii u game 42 53.85%

Total:78

So i dont know if people still remember this, but last year Tantalus Games (developer from Mass effect 3 Wii U and Deus EX Wii U) announced 2 new projects.

One project should be a Wii U game ported to NextGen console. Some month ago it made clear, that this game was Zombi U.

Their real big project was a new wii u game (a port). 

Everything we new so far about this port:

- The original game is made by a "top notch developer/publisher"

- Its their biggest project yet

- They are working on this for more then 2 years now

- It is a complete rework of the old game, not just a remastered

- Its not hardcore/rated m

- It was aimed to be released in 2015

Just think about this. Twilight Princess HD would fit perfectly.

Nintendo already showed in the past, that they are fine to work with external studios (Platinum Games = Star Fox Zero).

I dont think any other big AAA-publisher would be interested in releasing such a huge game (2+ years development) on the wii u (small installed hw base) but nintendo. 

What do you think? 

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/tantalus-wii-u-port-will-be-announced-soon-coming-out-this-year-studios-biggest-project-yet/

Around the Network

Didn't Hexadrive work on the first one, or was I mistaken? I'd rather have Tantalus work with Monolith Soft to create a bigger, better Xenosaga HD series - and that Harada's comments were just teases.

Unfortunately, this news being true doesn't surprise me...

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Yup, Zelda TP fits pretty well.

I don't think so. It could be, but I'd preffer something other than a Zelda, at this rate, we'll remake all of the 3D Zelda titles in a single gen. Maybe they'll bring it for the NX, but who knows.

Also, if Nintendo wants to make Zelda games so much, why not make the 3rd entry for Oracle of Ages/Seasons? There were supposed to be three games, after all.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It makes sense. Also, Tantalu's port was supposed to be revealed "soon" about months ago. Why is taking so long to announce? Well, if it were just a third party title I'm pretty sure we would already know what it is. There would be no reason to not show it at this point, even if they're releasing it in 2016. But, if we're talking about a Nintendo title... this whole secrecy makes total sense.

Also, going by the things we know about Tantalu's port... is this or Destiny. And TP HD fits better than Destiny to me...

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
It makes sense. Also, Tantalu's port was supposed to be revealed "soon" about months ago. Why is taking so long to announce? Well, if it were just a third party title I'm pretty sure we would already know what it is. There would be no reason to not show it at this point, even if they're releasing it in 2016. But, if we're talking about a Nintendo title... this whole secrecy makes total sense.

Also, going by the things we know about Tantalu's port... is this or Destiny. And TP HD fits better than Destiny to me...

destiny never fitted in my opinion for several reasons like

- weaker wii u online capabilities (like party chat/ voice chat etc)

- Activision isnt even interested in releasing call of duty to wii u (alot less work) so why destiny?

- destiny would need alot software support (all the dlcs) so it would be a looong project, even after release

- all in all destiny got pretty bad critics, makes it unlikley to sell well on wii u

The only other game i could imagine would be kingdom hearts 3 for wii u. But that was never a 2015 thing, so yeah..

It makes a lot of sense

Vodacixi said:

At the time of the Tantalus port announcement, I thought it was Destiny too, but there's no way Tantalus is making Destiny now, after all this time. They might as well make it for the NX as a launch title. Also, Activision would have announced it or leaked it in some way.

This port is either something Nintendo or some big 3rd party game that isn't in other current gen machines.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Makes sense. It would be a high caliber game but not take away any of Nintendo's resources which they surely need for NX. Iwata also talked a lot about partnerships with other companies earlier in the year.
But why would they wait so long with an announcement? Maybe the game was supposed to be announced sooner but after Iwata's passing they decided to postpone the announcement? I think this explanation would be more likely: The game was scheduled for late 2015 but with Zelda U being ported to NX they decided to release TPHD in mid 2016 to give the Wii U one exclusive Zelda game next year.

Well, or it's all just speculation and the rumors about it being just a Wii Virtual Console release are true.

never actually thought about the idea of the port they're working on being a Nintendo game it actually now makes sense.