By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Twilight Princess possible HD release, not virtual console.

Which one do you think it is?

HD Remake 231 57.18%

Port to eShop 126 31.19%

Nothing 47 11.63%

Total:404
S.Peelman said:
Teeqoz said:

I just don't see how we can classify them as the same when the difference is immense. OoT3D is a graphical remake or whatever we should call it, R&C and FFVII are full remakes.

Depends on personal definition then I guess.

You agree that the difference between remakes like FFVII, and remakes like OoT 3D are big?

Don't you also agree that there should be terminology to accurately reflect that?

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
S.Peelman said:

Depends on personal definition then I guess.

You agree that the difference between remakes like FFVII, and remakes like OoT 3D are big?

Don't you also agree that there should be terminology to accurately reflect that?

Of course, I realize the Zelda remakes were very... I want to say bare-bones but that sounds too negative, anyway, maybe there should be real terms for both types. And beyond; something like Goldeneye for Wii/360/PS3 is technically also a remake, but that's so far from the source material it's basically a new game. What are we going to call that

It will be HD remake

Tachikoma said:

Editing title
Original was: Confirmed to be Twilight Princess HD, not virtual console.
Changed to: Rumor: Twilight Princess possible HD release, not virtual console.

A rumor is not considered confirmed until an official source has publicly confirmed it, until such a time happens it should still be considered rumor, however possible it could be.

You are free to make further adjustments to the title, as long as the adjustments do not revert back to claiming that it has been confirmed.

I wasn't claiming that one is in the works, I was claiming it was confirmed that HD was the title in the eShop. The link I showed prooves that. You can't deny that either. Nintendo added Twilight Princess HD to the eShop, that is confirmed. Which is what I was referencing. I don't care if the title says rumor or not, but I'm correct in this instance. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but what if the "HD" part of this "remake" is simply that the game up scales to 720p? I'm kind of worried that that's the case here. I know that isn't Nintendo's style, but for some reason I'm worried that that's what's happening here...

Around the Network

God I can't wait until they, and other companies run out of remasters and we can finally get back to when it was all new games only.

I'm about 70% sure it is a HD remake. So many things point to that plus a upcoming Direct. Would be great if it releases November or December.

But OMGosh. I never played TP so HD version is a must have. I still need to Buy MM 3D & WW HD...cos I haven't played those either. And finish OOT 3D!!! And Hyrule Warriors!!

2016 will be a Zelda mostly year for me......

SJReiter said:
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but what if the "HD" part of this "remake" is simply that the game up scales to 720p? I'm kind of worried that that's the case here. I know that isn't Nintendo's style, but for some reason I'm worried that that's what's happening here...

WW HD has lotsa a improvements not only scaled to 720p, also OOT and MM remakes for 3DS were more than just visual improvement.

Paatar said:

I wasn't claiming that one is in the works, I was claiming it was confirmed that HD was the title in the eShop. The link I showed prooves that. You can't deny that either. Nintendo added Twilight Princess HD to the eShop, that is confirmed. Which is what I was referencing. I don't care if the title says rumor or not, but I'm correct in this instance. 

Placeholder data stored on a server is not official confirmation, no matter how much you want it to be.

Until an official announcement or aknowledgement has been made, its rumor.

SpokenTruth said:
SJReiter said:

The Wii U scales to 1080 so that's not it. 

TP has much more demanding graphic than WW, dont expect 1080p for TP HD on WiiU.