By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Twilight Princess possible HD release, not virtual console.

Which one do you think it is?

HD Remake 231 57.18%

Port to eShop 126 31.19%

Nothing 47 11.63%

Total:404
Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:

You cant compare developing game from 5 and 6 generation with developing game from 7 and 8 generation.

No, I actually can. 3DMario team has being doing great games since the N64 in a steady cycle. If the Zelda team can't do is not because of the tech but because of their problems with priorities.

You cant compare development of 3D Mario game and Zelda game, totally different things.

"You said that Nintendo releases Zelda games regularly. We do release them regularly, but we don’t release them that often. Mario games, if you push to get it done, you can finish it in a year. Zelda games take at least three years to complete. At the same time, I’m getting pushed to release them quicker but the users are expecting bigger experiences. And those things don’t match up. So I struggle with that all the time. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do to meet both of those demands."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/eiji_aonuma_the_wind_waker_hd_is_a_test_case_for_new_zelda_wii_u_title

3 years. Not 5.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:

You cant compare developing game from 5 and 6 generation with developing game from 7 and 8 generation.

No, I actually can. 3DMario team has being doing great games since the N64 in a steady cycle. If the Zelda team can't do is not because of the tech but because of their problems with priorities.

You cant compare development of 3D Mario game and Zelda game, totally different things.

"You said that Nintendo releases Zelda games regularly. We do release them regularly, but we don’t release them that often. Mario games, if you push to get it done, you can finish it in a year. Zelda games take at least three years to complete. At the same time, I’m getting pushed to release them quicker but the users are expecting bigger experiences. And those things don’t match up. So I struggle with that all the time. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do to meet both of those demands."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/eiji_aonuma_the_wind_waker_hd_is_a_test_case_for_new_zelda_wii_u_title

3 years. Not 5.

At least 3 years, and this gen they making first HD Zelda game with biggest world ever, so thats 5 years. But I think next Zelda will be in development 3-4 years, and we will get it 2019-2020.

Miyamotoo said:

At least 3 years, and this gen they making first HD Zelda game with biggest world ever, so thats 5 years. But I think next Zelda will be in development 3-4 years, and we will get it 2019-2020.

And what's the excuse for the 5 years invested in Skyward Sword?

Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:

Shitty controls.

Starting to think this is a 2016 Wii U title basically there to pad out the system next little stretch before NX replaces it. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Starting to think this is a 2016 Wii U title basically there to pad out the system next little stretch before NX replaces it. 

May 2016? Because Hyrule Legends is Q1 2016, unless they release the same day. But on the other hand, they have the entire year covered with SF0 and #FE if we look at this year output.

Wii MotionPlus, which is the only Motion Controller that Skyward Sword works with, was released in 2009, the Zelda team had just finished Phantom Hourglass in 2007, so work started in 2008 at the earliest, and then they were also working on Spirit Tracks.
So 2008 Skyward Sword was conceptualized, 2011 is when it came so.
So yeah, it still ended up taking 3 years to develop.

PAOerfulone said:

Wii MotionPlus, which is the only Motion Controller that Skyward Sword works with, was released in 2009, the Zelda team had just finished Phantom Hourglass in 2007, so work started in 2008 at the earliest, and then they were also working on Spirit Tracks.
So 2008 Skyward Sword was conceptualized, 2011 is when it came so.
So yeah, it still ended up taking 3 years to develop.

That's not how the Zelda team works. They have a homeconsole team and a handheld team. The homeconsole team was working on Skyward Sword after Twilight Princess. The game was very deep into development when they decided to scratch (starting with the artstyle) and implement the motion controls.

Samus Aran said:
Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:

Shitty controls.

Yup, probably Motion Controlles.

Paatar said:
DanneSandin said:
It'll be interesting to see the updated graphics, but what will this mean for Zelda U? Will it even be released on the Wii U? And I'm damn tired of this Zelda milking from Nintendo as of late!

Zelda is coming to the Wii U 100%. The question is is it coming to the NX.

Still, this could men that we get two Zelda games for the Wii U in a single year. Thats a bit much...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.