By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Twilight Princess possible HD release, not virtual console.

Which one do you think it is?

HD Remake 231 57.18%

Port to eShop 126 31.19%

Nothing 47 11.63%

Total:404
VaultDweller said:
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:
Pavolink said:
They are milking more than Mario.

I hate that. Zelda is not even an annual franchise, but they are releasing 2 games per year.

Nope. Mario will have had 4 games by the end of the year, while Zelda has 2.

Not as if any of them are alike anyways, so it doesn't matter honestly.

No, it matters and a lot. Zelda has to come in a steedy cycle with new ideas, not full of remakes, spin-offs and delays.

THIS!

There too many Zelda games for one gen only. I mean, > FOUR < remakes. And people keep blaming Sony

Sony does remasters of games that have aged rather well (GoW III (2010), Uncharted Trilogy (2007, 2009, 2011) (, TLOU (2013)).

Nintendo did full remakes for OoT (1998) and MM (2000) and a remaster for WW (2002).

Around the Network
Wright said:

But milk, nonetheless. We want tequila. Vodka. Whisky. Anything but more milk.

That Tri Force Heroes is a milkshake and that's cool. But we want the strong stuff next. No more milk.

Nah, man. Bring on the Lon-Lon.

Samus Aran said:
VaultDweller said:
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:
Pavolink said:

I hate that. Zelda is not even an annual franchise, but they are releasing 2 games per year.

No, it matters and a lot. Zelda has to come in a steedy cycle with new ideas, not full of remakes, spin-offs and delays.

THIS!

There too many Zelda games for one gen only. I mean, > FOUR < remakes. And people keep blaming Sony

Sony does remasters of games that have aged rather well (GoW III (2010), Uncharted Trilogy (2007, 2009, 2011) (, TLOU (2013)).

Nintendo did full remakes for OoT (1998) and MM (2000) and a remaster for WW (2002).

To add to this Nintys remakes are across two different plats. They have to support two plats at the same time.

tripenfall said:
I love TW but I hope it's just a Wii port as I'm still holding out hope that Zelda Wii U may happen in 2016.
Looking less and less likely though.
EVERY Nintendo home console has had a Zelda game made for it - if Wii U doesn't that will be a huge let down - it's one of the reason people buy their consoles!

Zelda U is 90% 2016. title, I can't see Nintendo delaying for another year.

VaultDweller said:
I think they have never milked Zelda like they did this gen... Wow.

Who cares if they are all great games!?

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:
Pavolink said:

We have steady cycle with new ideas (ALBW and Zelda) regardless remakes and spin-offs (only real spinoff is Hyrule Warriors), and almost every (new) Zelda game had a delay.

Nintyfan90 said:

Samus Aran said:
VaultDweller said:
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:
Pavolink said:

THIS!

To add to this Nintys remakes are across two different plats. They have to support two plats at the same time.

THIS!

Editing title
Original was: Confirmed to be Twilight Princess HD, not virtual console.
Changed to: Rumor: Twilight Princess possible HD release, not virtual console.

A rumor is not considered confirmed until an official source has publicly confirmed it, until such a time happens it should still be considered rumor, however possible it could be.

You are free to make further adjustments to the title, as long as the adjustments do not revert back to claiming that it has been confirmed.

It would be funny, if there is no TP HD, no new Nintendo Direct, nothing. Just a regular maintenance works and bunch of wii releases via e-shop.

Boberkun said:
It would be funny, if there is no TP HD, no new Nintendo Direct, nothing. Just a regular maintenance works and bunch of wii releases via e-shop.

It very possible, I don't expecting Nintendo Direct today, but expect in end of October or November.